Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Username18 Username18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 07 X5
Lease Deposit

Is there a way to waive the deposit on a lease. I financed a Land Rover through BMW fin. in June 1999 and our payments ended in June 2002, is this recent enough. Thanks for you help.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
drallafi drallafi is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pharcyde, AZ
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 593
Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Yea. Just tell them you're not putting any money down. That'll pretty much settle it right there, assuming they're serious about selling you the car.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:18 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi
Yea. Just tell them you're not putting any money down. That'll pretty much settle it right there, assuming they're serious about selling you the car.
I love comments like this.

Sure, you can "put nothing down"... they'll just roll it all into your payments. They won't make it disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:18 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username18
Is there a way to waive the deposit on a lease. I financed a Land Rover through BMW fin. in June 1999 and our payments ended in June 2002, is this recent enough. Thanks for you help.
No... you need to be within 6 months of a BMWFS account.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
///M Rakete's Avatar
///M Rakete ///M Rakete is offline
Rocket Scientist
Location: Southern California, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,450
Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
And it need not be the purchase date, at least in my case. I did the lease application on my 545i when I ordered in November and I had bought out the lease on my M Coupe the June before. However I didn't take delivery (i.e. actually do the lease contract) until the end of January which means I technically didn't have a lease with BMWFS for more than 6 months. I heard that some eyebrows did get raised but the deal was done. Maybe there's a wee bit of room to fudge, but 2002, you're out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
No... you need to be within 6 months of a BMWFS account.
__________________
2010 BMW M3 Coupe M-DCT w/Tech-EDC, BMW M Performance Exhaust, BPM Stage I Tune, Space Gray / Fox Red Extended, and a Trunk Monkey known as "Der Stig",
plus the daily driver...
2011 BMW 135i M Sport DCT, w/BMW Performance Power Kit, Exhaust, and Brake Rotors, Space Gray / Coral Red, known as "Stiggie" with an outlaw F20 "M135i" badge.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2005, 08:56 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Rakete
And it need not be the purchase date, at least in my case. I did the lease application on my 545i when I ordered in November and I had bought out the lease on my M Coupe the June before. However I didn't take delivery (i.e. actually do the lease contract) until the end of January which means I technically didn't have a lease with BMWFS for more than 6 months. I heard that some eyebrows did get raised but the deal was done. Maybe there's a wee bit of room to fudge, but 2002, you're out of luck.
Exactly.... if it's 7 or 8 months, you can get an exception. If it's 3 years, you're out of luck. That's 3 years that you could have been with another leasing company, and it defeats the purpose of BMWFS giving you a "loyalty" benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Username18 Username18 is offline
Registered User
Location: Phoenix
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 07 X5
Thanks for all the help. The reason I'm asking is because i have been working to get a deal done w/ my car and when the dealer and i finally came up with something he did not fill anything in under the deposit box. I asked him several times "now is there going to be any other charges on top of this or is this the exact amount" i was not refering to the deposit at the time i was just asking and he assured me that there would be no more. well a day or so later i was looking and noticed he did not put any deposit in and i called him to question this(prob not a good idea) and he said that i need to round my monthly payment up to the next $50(ex $319 a month would = $350 deposit). I just wanted to see if there would be a way of getting rid of this charge without having to negotiate more on price.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 AM
kyfdx's Avatar
kyfdx kyfdx is offline
Who, me?
Location: Kentucky
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,496
Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username18
Thanks for all the help. The reason I'm asking is because i have been working to get a deal done w/ my car and when the dealer and i finally came up with something he did not fill anything in under the deposit box. I asked him several times "now is there going to be any other charges on top of this or is this the exact amount" i was not refering to the deposit at the time i was just asking and he assured me that there would be no more. well a day or so later i was looking and noticed he did not put any deposit in and i called him to question this(prob not a good idea) and he said that i need to round my monthly payment up to the next $50(ex $319 a month would = $350 deposit). I just wanted to see if there would be a way of getting rid of this charge without having to negotiate more on price.

They will waive your security deposit for an increase of .00015 in the money factor...

It is usually a better deal to just make the deposit..

regards,
kyfdx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lease pay off question (long) david330 E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 17 06-26-2005 09:02 PM
Help with lease - Multiple Security Deposit eyeguy Ask-A-Dealer 2 05-25-2004 06:15 PM
Lease question (money factor) and multipe security deposit question.. bmw325 Ask-A-Dealer 5 03-13-2003 02:07 PM
Lease Q Re. Security Deposit SteveMD General BMW 6 02-10-2003 01:09 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms