Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 PM

Mein Auto: 07 X5
Lease Deposit

Is there a way to waive the deposit on a lease. I financed a Land Rover through BMW fin. in June 1999 and our payments ended in June 2002, is this recent enough. Thanks for you help.
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Yea. Just tell them you're not putting any money down. That'll pretty much settle it right there, assuming they're serious about selling you the car.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi
Yea. Just tell them you're not putting any money down. That'll pretty much settle it right there, assuming they're serious about selling you the car.
I love comments like this.

Sure, you can "put nothing down"... they'll just roll it all into your payments. They won't make it disappear.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I know a thing or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username18
Is there a way to waive the deposit on a lease. I financed a Land Rover through BMW fin. in June 1999 and our payments ended in June 2002, is this recent enough. Thanks for you help.
No... you need to be within 6 months of a BMWFS account.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Rocket Scientist

Mein Auto: 2010 M3 and 2011 135i
And it need not be the purchase date, at least in my case. I did the lease application on my 545i when I ordered in November and I had bought out the lease on my M Coupe the June before. However I didn't take delivery (i.e. actually do the lease contract) until the end of January which means I technically didn't have a lease with BMWFS for more than 6 months. I heard that some eyebrows did get raised but the deal was done. Maybe there's a wee bit of room to fudge, but 2002, you're out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
No... you need to be within 6 months of a BMWFS account.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:56 PM
I know a thing or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Rakete
And it need not be the purchase date, at least in my case. I did the lease application on my 545i when I ordered in November and I had bought out the lease on my M Coupe the June before. However I didn't take delivery (i.e. actually do the lease contract) until the end of January which means I technically didn't have a lease with BMWFS for more than 6 months. I heard that some eyebrows did get raised but the deal was done. Maybe there's a wee bit of room to fudge, but 2002, you're out of luck.
Exactly.... if it's 7 or 8 months, you can get an exception. If it's 3 years, you're out of luck. That's 3 years that you could have been with another leasing company, and it defeats the purpose of BMWFS giving you a "loyalty" benefit.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: 07 X5
Thanks for all the help. The reason I'm asking is because i have been working to get a deal done w/ my car and when the dealer and i finally came up with something he did not fill anything in under the deposit box. I asked him several times "now is there going to be any other charges on top of this or is this the exact amount" i was not refering to the deposit at the time i was just asking and he assured me that there would be no more. well a day or so later i was looking and noticed he did not put any deposit in and i called him to question this(prob not a good idea) and he said that i need to round my monthly payment up to the next $50(ex $319 a month would = $350 deposit). I just wanted to see if there would be a way of getting rid of this charge without having to negotiate more on price.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Who, me?

Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username18
Thanks for all the help. The reason I'm asking is because i have been working to get a deal done w/ my car and when the dealer and i finally came up with something he did not fill anything in under the deposit box. I asked him several times "now is there going to be any other charges on top of this or is this the exact amount" i was not refering to the deposit at the time i was just asking and he assured me that there would be no more. well a day or so later i was looking and noticed he did not put any deposit in and i called him to question this(prob not a good idea) and he said that i need to round my monthly payment up to the next $50(ex $319 a month would = $350 deposit). I just wanted to see if there would be a way of getting rid of this charge without having to negotiate more on price.

They will waive your security deposit for an increase of .00015 in the money factor...

It is usually a better deal to just make the deposit..

regards,
kyfdx