Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 07-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325I
Bluetooth Won't Hang Up

I have a 2006 325i

After I receive or make a call through Bluetooth and my Motorola Razor phone, I cannot disconnect. The phone hangs up, but it still shows as connected on the dash.

Any ideas?

Last edited by mortar; 07-12-2005 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added Model Number
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2005, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: 330 CiC
how does it show as connected? My phone hangs up just fine, but the "bars" signifying signal strength remain (on the bottom of the iDrive screen). When you end a call do you hit the phone button on the wheel to disconnct? and if so does your system return to the radio or does your radio remain muted? More details would be helpful (as I'm about to buy the RAZR phone -- on a side note... woohoo, T-Mobile finally carries the RAZR phone! YIPPEE)!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:03 PM

The display says "connected". When I hit the phone button on the wheel or the "end" button on the radio I get no response. When I try to switch over to the radio it says "still connected" and won't let me. The only way to disconnect is to turn the phone off and then switch it back on again.

BTW I don't have the iDrive. It's the standard audio system.

Last edited by mortar; 07-12-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: desk chair
Try deleting both profiles from your phone and the car. Then set them up again. Probably a bug that can be avoided by resetting the profiles.

Btw, RAZRs aren't that great because of the terrible delay when navigating menus (unless T-mobile fixed that).
Old 07-12-2005, 06:41 PM

Worked like a charm. You're the best.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:25 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted
Btw, RAZRs aren't that great because of the terrible delay when navigating menus (unless T-mobile fixed that).
Menu speed is quite acceptable in recent firmware. I think T*Mobile ships with 40.9E, which is pretty recent. The latest version for Cingular is 40.9C. I'm running 41.C0 on my RAZR, which is the latest stable test release from Motorola.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 330i
bluetooth doesn't hang up

I've noticed the same, but it only happens under certain conditions. If I'm on the phone already, then get in and start my car, letting the car's bluetooth automatically connect. I have the problem at the end of that phone call. From there, I've found 4 different options to recover.

1. Shutdown bluetooth from your phone
2. Reboot your phone
3. Walk out of range of your car (turning your car off doesn't work as the bluetooth stays active as long at it is connected
4. Make another phone call and hang up.

I've reset my profile with no luck, and just had my car completely upgrade with the latest SW they have. No fix yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
I've been having the same problem as mortar. I'll try deleting the pairing and re-establishing it tonight and report back tomorrow...

Two questions though:
1) What's the latest version of software for the car (2006 E90 325i)?
2) How do I know what version I have?

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steply
(as I'm about to buy the RAZR phone -- on a side note... woohoo, T-Mobile finally carries the RAZR phone! YIPPEE)!

You could have always just bought the RAZR phone elsewhere and put the T-Mobile SIM card in it.

FYI, the SLVR is coming out soon, EDGE compatible
Old 07-14-2005, 06:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
I've been having the same problem as mortar. I'll try deleting the pairing and re-establishing it tonight and report back tomorrow...

Two questions though:
1) What's the latest version of software for the car (2006 E90 325i)?
2) How do I know what version I have?

Thanks!
Tried repairing my Razr and 325 last night. No change...

Anyone have any more ideas?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:29 PM

Mein Auto: 05 BMW M3
I have the same issue occasionally...and have to power the phone off/on...I don't think it'll go away until BMW realeses updated firmware for their BT(it's not the phone) I've recently downloaded and installed a modified/hacked version of firmware and flex on the RAZOR and still have the issue...Although off topic...my phone now has better reception and menu speed is fast as hell...the menus are actually faster than the key press sounds...do a search for motomodders...There is a whole world of cell phone hacking...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Mein Auto: 325Ci
If you open the Razr phone and hit the 'menu' key when a bluetooth call is in progress, you will get (among other things) the option to "use handset". If you select this, it will switch the call to the phone and disconnect the speaker/microphone in the car.

Otherwise, it will stay connected even after the ignition is turned off presumably to allow you to continue your conversation hands-free until you locate the phone. If it switched the call back to the handset automatically when the ignition is shut off, the phone might still be stuffed in your pocket.

If you exit and walk away without switching the call to the handset, it will simply hang up when you get out of range.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Ci2Eye; 07-18-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 330Cic
T-Mobile RAZR

Just got my T-Mobile RAZR, just got my '05 330Cic (E46). The former owner of the car had a bluetooth phone paired.

I'm having trouble pairing my new RAZR. I've gotten the phone to identify the car and ask for the passkey. I've entered the "PK" number on the bluetooth card the prior owner provided me (a 4-digit number), and it says "invalid PIN."

I've tried deleting the BMW device profile from the phone after it initially identified to retry the procedure. But how do I delete the prior owner's phone profile from the car's BT system? At this point, all I know how to do is hit the button on the steering wheel to produce the "activate phone" message on the radio display. Is there a way to clear out the old device to start everything from scratch? My local dealer seemed fairly clueless.

Thanks so much for any help!

doppio
Old 07-26-2005, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto: 06 330i E90
Bluetooth wont hang up but sometimes disconnects during calls

I have had a similar problem with the hanging up issue, but am also having an issue with the bluetooth connection disconnecting during a call. I have tried with 2 phone (v600 and V3 razr) and have the same issue.

Any ideas????
Old 03-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
When i initially set up my bluetooth it worked perfectly till the past month and on i started experienceing the same issue. I dont have iDrive, I have Cingular Moto Razr. I dont drop calls or lose connection, all of that is working great. What i am seeing is that suddenly my Radio display shows '**** connecting *** ' i have tried everything including what was recommended on this forum but no resolution. What I did find as a fast workaround, is make a call to any number or a bogus #, like 1234, dial it and then the fasted way is to make a call and then hang up and it will come back. Weird, or you can drop the BMW bluetooth connection and resynch.

2006 325 Arctic Met/Dakota blk Leather/Burl Walnut, Prem, Cold, Sport, ambient light Packages. Adaptive Bi-Xenon Auto leveling, Chrome Exahust tips. , Bluetooth
Old 08-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i Manual
Hey Guys, I'm having the same issue with the BT and my Blackberry Storm2. It worked fine for weeks then it starting hanging when I hung up calls... has the same connecting... error on the display. also when i hit the audio button it won't go back to audio and displays a connected call message. Funny thing is... other phones work fine if synced. Deleting the profiles and resyncing doesn't resolve the issue.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325xi
Bluetooth stays "Connected" on screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinscf View Post
Hey Guys, I'm having the same issue with the BT and my Blackberry Storm2. It worked fine for weeks then it starting hanging when I hung up calls... has the same connecting... error on the display. also when i hit the audio button it won't go back to audio and displays a connected call message. Funny thing is... other phones work fine if synced. Deleting the profiles and resyncing doesn't resolve the issue.
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site as a result of having the same issue rollinscf posted a few years ago. Does anyone know of a fix that was identified since I'm just now having this issue in February 2011?