Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 07-13-2005, 06:23 PM

Mein Auto: 325
Buying 05 M3, am i getting a god deal

I am purchasing a New m3 this week, a have got the price all configured, i wanted to know if i am gettinga good deal for the options. Here are the specs:

Alpine White
SMG
navigation
premium Pakage
heated seats
xenon lights
hk sound
19" wheels

THe price given to me is 58,300.00 I live in New York, Long island to be exact. I want to know if these is a relatively good price. also wanted to know what is the best looking iterior for the alpine white. Thanks in advance for you help
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 PM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
How do you expect some random stranger to tell you what color you'll like best?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Informed Badge Whore

Mein Auto: 04 M3 und 02 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asspopper
I am purchasing a New m3 this week, a have got the price all configured, i wanted to know if i am gettinga good deal for the options.
How much below MSRP or above invoice is $58,300?

A black interior would go well with Alpine White.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:07 PM

The MSRP according to bmwusa.com is 59,620, thats 1320 under msrp, i have no clue how to get the invoice price
Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
The MSRP according to bmwusa.com is 59,620, thats 1320 under msrp, i have no clue how to get the invoice price
I found the invoice prices here:
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...kages/type/new

While others have gotten better deals, I think 1320 under msrp sounds like an ok deal. I am in San Jose, California, and I have to be happy with 1000 under msrp for the m3 that I ordered.

Kurt
Old 07-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
$2500-3000 over invoice is fairly typical for a good negotiator out here in Arizona.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:30 AM

Mein Auto: z/tahoe/r1
That price sounds alright I just ordered one myself here in the Bay Area. It was about 57K after all was said and done it will be 62 out the door.
Silver grey
Cinn interior
Comp package
Smg
Bi-xenon
Moonroof

You should be able to look at Kbb.com or Edmunds and find the invoice price.
My invoice price was about 55 and the msrp was about 59 so my salesman pretty much split it down the middle. I was happy with that! Especially here in the bay area I was looking for awile and ended up with the fleet dealer with the best price.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP on order!
I'm in Long Island too and just got mine for about $1850 under MSRP. Mine is as follows:

6MT
Competition Package
Leather
Interlagos Blue (metallic paint)
Power Seats (which I can't belive is extra on a $60k car )
Heated seats
Lumbar Control
Moonroof
Xenon

I called a bunch of dealers:

Ralllye BMW (Roslyn) - BEAUTIFUL dealership...but you are paying for it. About $1000 under invoice and the guy was a jerk.
Competition BMW (Smithtown) - Jerks and would bearly deal at all.
Hassel Motors - These people were flat out crooks and would not commit to anything over the phone. Originally they were $500 under MSRP then when I told them I got $2500 off MSRP they said they could match it but not fax me the quote . The people I talked to with bearly spoke English. Oh, and the woman hung up the phone on me!
BMW of Manhattan- The guy told me "Good luck getting it under sticker", then hung up the phone (man, that made two times in one day!)
BMW of Oyster Bay- Did not return my call...I guess $60k isn't worth it to them.
Habberstad BMW- About $1000 under invoice. I've heard good things about them but had a little "tiff" with them last year over a spirited test drive in a 330Ci.

And the winner is....
Bayside BMW! (Bayside, Queens) - From the minute I called them they were courtious and professional and the price I got was almost $900 under everyone else. My sales person did not make me feel like I was buying a Ferrari like all the other dealers (saying things like "Wow, I don't know if I can even get that car" in order to make me feel guilty for shopping around). Her price was firm (of course I tried to get lower) but the deal was the best.

Now granted, the dealership is not anything special (looks and location) but they treated me a like a person and gave me the best deal. I spoke with Ann Gang - 718-229-4400. She was very nice before and after the deal and called me to confirm all my options and provide me with the production number. May not sound like much, but living in NY you know that attitudes are not too hard to find.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I like to do my research on purchases so I may have some insight for you. Oh, and once my break-in period is over I'll see you on the Northern State

Oh, your options are not adding up on the BMW website - did you get leather too?
Old 07-14-2005, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren
I've only been on the board for a short while but don't take bren's crankiness personally - he does it to everyone

There is a good thread at E46 Fanatics you might want to check out:

Interior Pictures

And another link:
Mad Russian
Old 07-14-2005, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
I am purchasing a New m3 this week, a have got the price all configured, i wanted to know if i am gettinga good deal for the options. Here are the specs:

Alpine White
SMG
navigation
premium Pakage
heated seats
xenon lights
hk sound
19" wheels

THe price given to me is 58,300.00 I live in New York, Long island to be exact. I want to know if these is a relatively good price. also wanted to know what is the best looking iterior for the alpine white. Thanks in advance for you help
I have black with my AW M3. I like it. I wanted the Imola Red, but got talked out of it. I think I would have liked it, but the black looks slick too. I am not a fan of the Grey. As for dealers, my dad bought his 5 series from a dealer in Spring Valley. Westchester BMW is factory owened, I believe and they want full sticker for everything. My dad gave him the price from Spring Valley to match and they told him to buy it there. Wow. I paid 1500 under sticker, but I knew the GM at the dealer. LA is a diffrent market. Good luck. In NY those 19's are going to take a beating!!

2011 535i
2003 540i-6 M-tech SOLD
1964 MGB Roadster
1980 International Scout II 345 v-8

2004 M3 Alpine White SOLD 2/14/09 We were in love
Old 07-14-2005, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16hr Day
I have black with my AW M3. I like it. I wanted the Imola Red, but got talked out of it. I think I would have liked it, but the black looks slick too. I am not a fan of the Grey.
Personally I'm afraid to go with trendy colors (of which I place Imola Red and Cinnimon). It's just personal opinion, but I really like the BMW black (which is like charcoal). Hopefully my Interlagos Blue will not be too trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16hr Day
As for dealers, my dad bought his 5 series from a dealer in Spring Valley. Westchester BMW is factory owened, I believe and they want full sticker for everything. My dad gave him the price from Spring Valley to match and they told him to buy it there. Wow. I paid 1500 under sticker, but I knew the GM at the dealer. LA is a diffrent market. Good luck. In NY those 19's are going to take a beating!!
I had called Westchester BMW when I was looking at the 330Ci and had the same experiance. Do BMWs sell that well that they can turn away paying customers???? Amazing.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Informed Badge Whore

Mein Auto: 04 M3 und 02 M3
Quote:
Not bad, then...invoice will be 54-ish. Start talking about S4's and C55's, then offer them 56.5...see what they counter with.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
It's not all that bad...

Quote:
Who cares what color he likes best? He wants to know what color *we* like best!

I vote for Black Leather to go with the Alpine White.

Anybody wonder about the user name anyway? With a name like "Asspopper", you have to wonder if it's somebody who will stick around for very long

Kurt
Old 07-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
I got 3K off MSRP but its my second bmw from the same dealership and I am good friends with the GM.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
humanum est errare

Mein Auto: which day is this?
IR or Cinn. Those interiors with AW exterior would be a sweet combo.

David

2004 e83 3.0, 2003.5 e46 M3 Cic, 2008 e9x 335xia, 2008 Sienna XLE Limted AWD
========================
Gone: 2006 B7 A4, 2003 Honda Pilot EX-L RES
Old 07-15-2005, 07:41 AM
///Mpty pockets

Mein Auto: wankermatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
Who cares what color he likes best? He wants to know what color *we* like best!
Oh, well in that case Black....because that is the only color the cloth seats come in.

And yes the username struck me as a little odd...not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Oh, well in that case Black....because that is the only color the cloth seats come in.

And yes the username struck me as a little odd...not that there's anything wrong with that.
Perhaps he is a protologist?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
It's not all that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97
Perhaps he is a protologist?

A logist who does prototypes? Oh, you mean a proctologist
Old 07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
It's not all that bad...

Quote:

My original order spec for my Alpine White M3 was to have the cloth/leather seats. I broke down, and changed the order to just black leather. Partly because the cloth seats weren't black enough. More like a very dark gray.

I would really prefer a two-tone, like maybe black with blue inserts. I just didn't want to try to go through the hassle to get BMW individual here in the US

Kurt
Old 07-15-2005, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfca-325i
IR or Cinn. Those interiors with AW exterior would be a sweet combo.

It was mentioned earlier that IR or Cinn. were too trendy. I disagree. The IR is a ballsy color but on an M3 it is well-deserved. IR is a racing-inspired color. I think Cinnamon is less trendy, its almost like Natural Brown and an Alpine White/Cinnamon combo. would look killer IMHO.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:14 PM

I just ordered the car today, originally wrote down for the IR, but then in the end went with the black leather. THe dealer took another 300 off so the final price is a flat 58,000. so i think its a pretty good deal
Old 07-15-2005, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
A logist who does prototypes? Oh, you mean a proctologist

Typo
Old 07-15-2005, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream23

It was mentioned earlier that IR or Cinn. were too trendy. I disagree. The IR is a ballsy color but on an M3 it is well-deserved. IR is a racing-inspired color. I think Cinnamon is less trendy, its almost like Natural Brown and an Alpine White/Cinnamon combo. would look killer IMHO.

I've never seen a red interrior on any other car (not that I have seen all of them) so that's why I thought it was trendy. I have only seen the Cinnamon in pictures and it seems to vary from burnt orange to orange, to rust, to copper in the pics. Copper seems to have made a come back in main stream but also seems to be fading. I think back to the powder puff blue that was real big in the 80s - not so much anymore.

Again, it's all up to the person but I do agree that with white you can pretty much do any combo...or is that black
Old 07-15-2005, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: M3
Got mine for 3k under the sticker over here in Westchester at Pace BMW. But i guess it kinda helped dealing with the sales manager .
Old 07-15-2005, 05:20 PM

Mein Auto: M3
IR looks awesome in AW, do it.