Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 07-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Certified Geezer

Send a message via Yahoo to m3geezer
Mein Auto: 2005 Imola Red M3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97
Typo
Oh, you mean it should have been assPOOPer?
Old 07-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP on order!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM3///
Got mine for 3k under the sticker over here in Westchester at Pace BMW. But i guess it kinda helped dealing with the sales manager .
That's a great deal! I was so turned off from Westchester BMW that I figured all the others would be the same in the area. Oh well, I'll check them next time
Old 07-16-2005, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3geezer
Oh, you mean it should have been assPOOPer?
Couldn't find an embarrassment smile, but I would imagine that a trip to the proctologist would loosen things up
Old 07-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Certified Geezer

Send a message via Yahoo to m3geezer
Mein Auto: 2005 Imola Red M3
Talking

Quote:
Couldn't find an embarrassment smile, but I would imagine that a trip to the proctologist would loosen things up
This leads me back to speculation as to what the appropriate upholstery color should be.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: unimobile
Congrats asspooper !!

Post Pics when you get her.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to VaSh9394
Mein Auto: BMW 545I 05
Quote:
I'm in Long Island too and just got mine for about $1850 under MSRP. Mine is as follows:

6MT
Competition Package
Leather
Interlagos Blue (metallic paint)
Power Seats (which I can't belive is extra on a $60k car )
Heated seats
Lumbar Control
Moonroof
Xenon

I called a bunch of dealers:

Ralllye BMW (Roslyn) - BEAUTIFUL dealership...but you are paying for it. About $1000 under invoice and the guy was a jerk.
Competition BMW (Smithtown) - Jerks and would bearly deal at all.
Hassel Motors - These people were flat out crooks and would not commit to anything over the phone. Originally they were $500 under MSRP then when I told them I got $2500 off MSRP they said they could match it but not fax me the quote . The people I talked to with bearly spoke English. Oh, and the woman hung up the phone on me!
BMW of Manhattan- The guy told me "Good luck getting it under sticker", then hung up the phone (man, that made two times in one day!)
BMW of Oyster Bay- Did not return my call...I guess $60k isn't worth it to them.
Habberstad BMW- About $1000 under invoice. I've heard good things about them but had a little "tiff" with them last year over a spirited test drive in a 330Ci.

And the winner is....
Bayside BMW! (Bayside, Queens) - From the minute I called them they were courtious and professional and the price I got was almost $900 under everyone else. My sales person did not make me feel like I was buying a Ferrari like all the other dealers (saying things like "Wow, I don't know if I can even get that car" in order to make me feel guilty for shopping around). Her price was firm (of course I tried to get lower) but the deal was the best.

Now granted, the dealership is not anything special (looks and location) but they treated me a like a person and gave me the best deal. I spoke with Ann Gang - 718-229-4400. She was very nice before and after the deal and called me to confirm all my options and provide me with the production number. May not sound like much, but living in NY you know that attitudes are not too hard to find.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I like to do my research on purchases so I may have some insight for you. Oh, and once my break-in period is over I'll see you on the Northern State

Oh, your options are not adding up on the BMW website - did you get leather too?
I just pick up my new m last week from bayside bmw
I have almost the same spec aw with imola red and no nav with ipod integration
alittle reminder you can't get ipod later on if you have nav.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0415[1].jpg
Views:	97
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	54113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0414[1].jpg
Views:	94
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	54114   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0413[1].jpg
Views:	115
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	54115   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0410[1].jpg
Views:	108
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	54116  

Last edited by VaSh9394; 07-20-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSh9394

ASSpooper and you need to show us the cars
Old 07-21-2005, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaSh9394
The stereo will be completely ripped out for favor of aftermarket so I'm not concerned about the iPod.

Were you happy with the experiance at Bayside?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 05 BMW M3
Quote:
The stereo will be completely ripped out for favor of aftermarket so I'm not concerned about the iPod.

Were you happy with the experiance at Bayside?
You mean one of those GPS touch screen head units that block you A/C vents...Those things are cool...It would be really neat if you could get the factory NAV BMW greeting loaded on it...It's so good looking when you open the door and step in ==BMW==

Despite the hidious shark fin...The nav/radio is awesome...of course you have to add a little bass along with the H/K

Anyways...post pics pooper
and congrats
Old 07-25-2005, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
You mean one of those GPS touch screen head units that block you A/C vents...Those things are cool...It would be really neat if you could get the factory NAV BMW greeting loaded on it...It's so good looking when you open the door and step in ==BMW==

Despite the hidious shark fin...The nav/radio is awesome...of course you have to add a little bass along with the H/K

Anyways...post pics pooper
and congrats
Depending on what the prices are, I may get a DVD player (although good point about blocking the A/C vents - I sweat when it goes over 60 degrees!) or just a regular unit. I would love to get a DVD player and put a back-up camera in but again we'll see how much $$$ this is all going to cost me.

I never liked stock stereo systems (they all sound like crap) and the "upgraded" ones are even more of a joke that just add complexity when replacing them (memories of my crappy Bose system in my Maxima come to mind).