Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-29-2005, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: E90 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
I can't wait, 5 years from now all the German makers are going to abandon all the computer controlled gizmos and spin it as a 'return to their heritage'. Seriously, they're all going through a major japanese gizmo fetish phase right now.
So funny... Yeah exactly...and even for a manual... i've never seen a hill that had defeated me in all my years of driving a manual.. so that feature is useless... or only maybe for bmws bought by driving schools ??
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E90 330i
I don't think they'll abandon technology; the technology will simply improve. I find the hill assist with manual transmission delightful, although I functioned fine in previous cars without it.

Some of us are more resistent to change than others Some people didn't like telephones or electricity when they first came out either.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z
Not sure I like all the new DSC features that I read about last night. I wonder if they all can be bypassed.....

1. keeps your car from rolling foward or backward on a slight incline (when stopped at a traffic light for instance and sitting there in neutral)

2. When you let off the gas quickly it "pretenses" the brakes because you are most likely going to slam them on next.

3. When your windshield wipers are on, it tenses the brakes every so often to dry them so they are always dry....man these pads are not gonna last 20K miles!!!!!!

4. If you hit the brake suddenly it automatically applies full brake force to help you stop quicker

Anyone experience these yet???
I just got back from an ED with my US-spec 330i in which i drove the car 1195 miles (from Munich to Rome via Vienna and Venice) and I have to say the brakes are both amazing and very different.

Amazing because they have the capability of bringing the car to a fast, safe stop from 100mph much more rapidly and with more progressive pedal feel than I've seen in other cars.

Different because you can "feel" the brakes doing something at stop, or just after a stop. I don't know what they're doing, but you certainly notice it, esp. in stop and go traffic on level city streets.

Just like the odd cancellation for the turn signals, I believe this is something you get used to in the E90.