Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 08-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Bimmer Gal

Mein Auto: '03 Electric Red 330Ci
Question Electric Red w/ Gray Leather?

After mulling over various colors and comparing the 325Ci & and 330Ci, I've finally decided to order an Electric Red 330Ci (it was a tough choice between E-Red and Alpine White). Now, I'm having trouble deciding on the interior color. My favorite E46 interior color is gray, but I'm not sure how it will look with the red exterior. Anyone have a picture they can post? Anyone ever seen electric red with gray interior?

I know the best interior color for the electric red is black, but it's just too d*mn hot in Texas to have a black interior. I know the sand interior looks pretty good with the red, but I just don't like the looks of the sand that much. Plus, the sand looks best with wood trim, and I prefer the aluminum trim -- seems sportier to me.

Here's what I'm going to order:
2003 330Ci
Electric Red
Gray Leather (?)
Manual tranny
Sport package

Will be picking it up in Munich in November!!! I can hardly wait.
Ads by Google
Old 08-11-2002, 07:24 PM
OCD Certified

Mein Auto: 05 Dodge Magnum RT
Re: Electric Red w/ Gray Leather?

I haven't seen your combo, but I would suggest considering natural brown.

--gary

Old 08-11-2002, 07:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
I have black in my electric red 325, and for as warm as the interior is here in NJ, I agree that you might not want black in Texas. And sand seems like it may be hard to keep clean.

Many years ago I had a red Daytona Shelby Z with grey leather interior, and the combo was great. Sorry I don't have a scanned pictures. (but I'm sure you don't want to look at my old Dodge anyway.... )
Old 08-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Bimmer Gal

Re: Re: Electric Red w/ Gray Leather?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nat Brown
I haven't seen your combo, but I would suggest considering natural brown.

--gary
I thought about the nat brown, but wouldn't you say that if I get the natural brown leather then I should get the wood trim? Can't imagine it with the aluminum, which is my preferred trim. Plus, husband really does not care for the natural brown.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
Black is fine in Texas as long as you get the windows tinted.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Red and Gray go really well together...

I have wanted to order one like that for stock all year.

I used to order red/gray E36 M3s all of the time.

Nice combo ~ I say go for it!!
Old 08-13-2002, 05:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
AlisaKay,
In my opinion, I found that Natural Brown is a great alternative with the Electri Red. Black does not suit me and the Sand quickly becomes dirty. (I currently have a Steel Blue / Sand 323i) As the picture Gary provided indicates, the Natural Brown has a Black floor (and other accesnt accents) which helps to hide the dirt as provide a good contrast. Some say it looks "European". My father has a Silver/Gray 330Ci and I have found the interior to be rather plain.

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my Red / Natural '03 330Ci in October! At first I was hesitant about the Natural Brown, but once I saw an example in the showroom I has hooked.

Gimpy
Old 08-13-2002, 11:59 PM

Mein Auto: '02 330Ci 5spd
RED/GRAY/Aluminum trim is an awesome combo....black would give you great contrast w/ the aluminum trim but the black in TX would not be the greatest of choices....i had the same sort of ordeal...TOPAZ BLUE/GRAY/ALUMINUM here in GA ....it gets hot and i also like how the gray gives the car a hint of elegance reminding you that its a great car! GO W/ RED/GRAY/Aluminum!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Bimmer Gal

Well, I orderd it on Monday! 2003 330Ci with Red/Gray/Aluminum trim, stick, sport pkg. I used to have a silver/gray '99 323i and I really liked the gray interior, so I hope I will like it okay with the electric red. The natural brown is really a cool color, too, but I guess I prefer a more monochromatic look -- the nat brown seems to have a mixture of too many colors for my tastes. Plus, it would have required the wood trim, which I didn't really want.

I did a typical woman thing... asked for opinions from you guys (I assume it's mostly guys) and then went ahead and did what I wanted!

Thanks for the feedback anyway!