Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 07-22-2005, 06:09 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
September production changes for E60

Anyone have any comments concerning model changes in Sept. as reported by Adrian in the "Ask A Dealer" section? For me, Orient Blue is being deleted for Monaco Blue and Oxford Green is being deleted for Deep Green. These were my first and second choices for color to go w/Auburn interior. I saw an E90 Monaco Blue on a dealer lot yesterday and did not like it nearly as much as the Orient. Have not been able to see Deep Green to see how it compares to Oxford. Other production changes are interesting as well.
Ads by Google
Old 07-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
I'd still like to see the M-sport version offered here, especially now that Canada is getting them with the 550i. I can't imagine why BMWNA thinks that this package would crimp sales of the M5 in the U.S. while it is offered everywhere else in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Anyone have any comments concerning model changes in Sept. as reported by Adrian in the "Ask A Dealer" section? For me, Orient Blue is being deleted for Monaco Blue and Oxford Green is being deleted for Deep Green. These were my first and second choices for color to go w/Auburn interior. I saw an E90 Monaco Blue on a dealer lot yesterday and did not like it nearly as much as the Orient. Have not been able to see Deep Green to see how it compares to Oxford. Other production changes are interesting as well.

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 08-01-2005, 03:02 AM

Mein Auto: 525i, Dakota Q, E-M Cobr
MDSBUC, check the "New Posts" and go to "How definite is the 550i for the Fall? ". I just posted an update to the 550i.

Sefh.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefh
MDSBUC, check the "New Posts" and go to "How definite is the 550i for the Fall? ". I just posted an update to the 550i.Sefh.
Thanks Sefh, I think this will be more help to Robert A, as I've ordered a 530i. Pointing out the "new post" feature is a big help to me as I had never noticed it before!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Am Texan "Autobahn"

Mein Auto: 2005 545i ZSP GREEN/GR
Cool oxford green

I just got my oxford green ZSP 545 last week, and am happy with the color...took a little chance because there were no examples on the lot. I just looked at the sample in the brochure (colors on a computer are pointless), and it seemed adequately dark. My thought is that if green is your color, you should trust BMW to have a sense of decency in color selection--they are serious about their work. Blue seems to have more of a range in taste, though...I think you have to see it on the car.

Then there is my mother in law, who I must admit is pretty intelligent. She says it's like furniture: you choose what is logical and then adapt.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemark
I just got my oxford green ZSP 545 last week, and am happy with the color...took a little chance because there were no examples on the lot. I just looked at the sample in the brochure (colors on a computer are pointless), and it seemed adequately dark. My thought is that if green is your color, you should trust BMW to have a sense of decency in color selection--they are serious about their work. Blue seems to have more of a range in taste, though...I think you have to see it on the car.

Then there is my mother in law, who I must admit is pretty intelligent. She says it's like furniture: you choose what is logical and then adapt.
Yep, some things are very hard to find at the dealerships. Try to find a 5er w/ a stick, or green, or comfort seats, or auburn interior- lots o' luck. We were really torn between the Orient Blue and the Oxford Green. Never could find a green. Finally Titanium Gray entered into the mix, but Monaco Blue won out as Orient was discontinued.
We ordered ours w/6sp. manual, auburn interior and comfort seats. Not one of these features could we find on E60s at four local dealers. If you want a white, black, silver or gray vehicle with black, beige, or gray interior, you can find all you want.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Am Texan "Autobahn"

sounds like a beautiful car! a friend of mine has auburn interior black exterior and it looks reasonably stunning.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
sounds like a beautiful car! a friend of mine has auburn interior black exterior and it looks reasonably stunning.
Hey, thanks for the compliment on the car. Pick up date is 10/10. The wait is killing us. Your car sounds great to me. We drove a 545i at the Susan B Kolman fund raiser. Wow! What power! Wish I had the bucks for your ride.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Am Texan "Autobahn"

One thing about having a BMW is how much fun it makes driving to work! But, I feel like I'm riding a stallion and constantly pulling back on the reins "Whoa, boy...whoa."

So, your car is going to have the starter button? The grille is more like the 6? What changes to i drive?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
One thing about having a BMW is how much fun it makes driving to work! But, I feel like I'm riding a stallion and constantly pulling back on the reins "Whoa, boy...whoa."

So, your car is going to have the starter button? The grille is more like the 6? What changes to i drive?
Yes, it is supposed to have the starter button. What value that is I'm not sure. I hadn't heard that the grille is more like the six. I think it is to be chromed
(like the 545?). If there are changes to i drive, I am not aware of them. You'll have to excuse me. I'm new to BMW and vise versa. Back in February I was checking out Acura TLs and Infinity G35s. My son thought I should look at the 330is. To be honest I had never given much notice to BMWs through the years. After lurking here at Bimmerfest, and a Test Drive of the 330i, I was sold. A natural progression took us to the 530i. We leave for Munich two months from tomorrow, but who's counting? It's only about seven hours until tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Am Texan "Autobahn"

Euro Deliv

Euro delivery in 2 weeks? That's so much fun. We did that in June for the first time, and the glow is still with us! By now you have everything planned out, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to share our experiences (good and bad).

The biggest mistake we made was packing too many things and having both hands full while trying to negotiate the Bahnhof train stations. The next thing we did wrong was not signing up for tours as soon as we arrived, and later couldn't do some cool things. We did too much driving--it is a long way between cities. The thing I did right was trying to speak some German and asking if I said it right--I think they felt like they were talking with someone who cared enough to put some effort into learning their language and culture.

Have a great time!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Quote:
Euro delivery in 2 weeks? That's so much fun. We did that in June for the first time, and the glow is still with us! By now you have everything planned out, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to share our experiences (good and bad).

The biggest mistake we made was packing too many things and having both hands full while trying to negotiate the Bahnhof train stations. The next thing we did wrong was not signing up for tours as soon as we arrived, and later couldn't do some cool things. We did too much driving--it is a long way between cities. The thing I did right was trying to speak some German and asking if I said it right--I think they felt like they were talking with someone who cared enough to put some effort into learning their language and culture.

Have a great time!
Thanks, I'm sure we will. I just wish it were only two weeks. We leave two months from tomorrow. (I was off by a day yesterday.) All hotel/apt. reservations are made and we are ready to go.

We hope we do pack light enough as this is recomended by almost everyone. For three of us we plan three carry on bags and one to be stowed away.

The only tour reservation we are working on in advance is the Dingolfing Plant tour. Hopefully, since we are traveling in October, museums and such won't be too hard to book once we are there.