Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

View Poll Results: You catch a vandal keying your car. Do you...
Call the police and have him arrested 1,050 34.78%
Beat him to a pulp 1,953 64.69%
Leave the scene 16 0.53%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
In the U.S., I 'd call the police as I'd probably lose more than cost of the car for breaking his limbs. If that didn't work, I like the First Tuesday of the Month brick idea.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 10-18-2005, 05:42 PM
This side up.

Mein Auto: E46 M3, XL1200S, E39(RIP)
the answer would depend on if there were any witnesses...
Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Hooah

Send a message via AIM to 99rx300 Send a message via Yahoo to 99rx300
Mein Auto: rx300, 97 740iL
It Happened To Me

This almost exact thing happened to me on fri night. i was in my room and my mother in law runs in and said someone just busted off the mirror of my wifes lexus. i grab my keys and jump in. me and her hubby jump in the car and the chase is on. i end up catching them aout a mile down the road. i follow them until they pul into an apt complex. two people get out of the back, him and i hop out and get ready to brawl because we know there are at least 2 more in the front seats so we need to even the odds pretty quick. the drivers take off and the two that got out run. so we follow the car. it goes all over the city with its lights off. we end up getting them stopped and they get out. there is still 3 in the car lol. but luckily they didnt loose any teeth, one of them took off imediatly. but all the while we are on my cell giving the police te directions we are going. so they are there about 15 seconds after we get them stopped. the have weed, beer, no insurance, suspended liscense, and under 21. they only got 2 tickets, no ins and liscence, but i am still pressing charges and the guys dad him and the thrower came to my house saying they would pay for damages if we dropped charges. come to find out they threw a bottle of bacardi at my car and it hit the door and busted, thats where she heard the glass sound from. it smashed up my door pretty good.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Flying Dutchman

Send a message via MSN to Patrick318is
Mein Auto: Bmw E30 318is
I'd beat the crap out of him

Might chop his fingers off
Old 11-14-2005, 11:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!

Send a message via MSN to BMW325ICOUPE Send a message via Yahoo to BMW325ICOUPE
Mein Auto: 1990 BMW 325I COUPE
keeying is the largest act of cowardism

If a man is chicken enough to key another mans vehicle he is chicken enough to get his a$$ beat. This guy needs a job to pass his time.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 328i
I would have beat the **** out of him. YOu did the right thing. Now call the police and go after him for damages to your car. ACtually in the states you would probably get sued or some **** like that. But whatever.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 ZCP
Break a few fingers, the wrist and the elbow. Give him something to think about in p.t.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
CHARGEDV6

Send a message via AIM to 2003330IBMW
Mein Auto: BMW 330I
Who Are The Pussies That Said They Would Leave The Scene. You Would Have To Be A Complete Idiot. What Fools
Old 12-07-2005, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: Suburban
Beat them to a pulp ?

Did you ever notice that most over 20 BMW male drivers display effeminate features ? Hardly the type to beat up or even scare others.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Greco
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.

Given that I went after him and ended up on top of him (which I should have never done because I broke his clavicle doing so!)......Here is the question?

Would you break the rest of his bones OR have him arrested?

Have in mind that he has vandalized numerous cars.
Well, even if he has vandalized numerous cars in the past, why should that bother you? I don't know what the laws are in Greece, but if the situation would've happened here in the U.S. think about the consequences for a moment. You catch him and beat the crap out of him. You get arrested for assualt because the moment you go beyond physical restraint you're guilty and end up going to jail. It doesn't matter if he's the guilty one or started it. Once a person stops resisting or fighting back, you have to back off. Ever heard of police brutality? If they go to far, they're screwed. Plenty of examples in the past.

Now I know you might want to beat the crap out of him to make him remember, and lets be honest, who the hell wouldn't, but just make sure you hit him really hard the first couple times...then he'll stop resisting anyway

I'm just flaming now. I hate this stupid thread and poll. So many more people said they would beat the crap out of the person, but what people say they'd do and what they actually would do is quite different. Sociology minor here, so yeah, studies have proven that.

I'd get a detailed description, take a picture if I happen to have my camera, call the cops, and help them chase him down. If they don't get there in time, sure, try to restrain him (size permitting of course). Realisticly there's not much you can do, I mean a police cruiser isn't going to come race through traffic endangering others lives just so they can catch someone who is keying your car....they've got better things to do.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Actually an intern

Mein Auto: 325 Cic (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUrhino
I'd get a detailed description, take a picture if I happen to have my camera, call the cops, and help them chase him down. If they don't get there in time, sure, try to restrain him (size permitting of course). Realisticly there's not much you can do, I mean a police cruiser isn't going to come race through traffic endangering others lives just so they can catch someone who is keying your car....they've got better things to do.
Well....that's kinda what I did! No need for pics, there was an eye witness, who was aware of the vandal's guilty past.

Given that I knew the vandal's residence....you're right...I should have let him go. I had a witness! But my first thought was....."GO GET HIM"...he could have been holding a knife or carrying a weapon....that would make my decision a very stupid one!

I did not begin thinking clearly before immobilizing him. As I was seating on his back, twisting his arm, I was actually trying to think clearly and act so I can have my car fixed, not take revenge.

Then the police came. No intentional beating before that, as much as I wanted to.

The temptation though was HUGE! I so wanted to stomp his head on his marble stairs.

You're right....in the court everybody would see a 6'7" 335 lbs man next to an older, much smaller person with a broken clavicle....it would not look too good for me!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i SP
Dr. G. I'm 22, 6'2, and around 190, not really big, but athletic and in shape...I'd be scared if I was the guy you were chasing

I would've loved to see his face when he realized you were coming after him though. And I can just see a MasterCard commercial coming on:

Car rental for the weekend - £200.00

Meter in front of a crazy man's house - £0.50

Realizing you made a grown man wet himself after he keyed your car - Priceless

And this was just a rental

Glad to hear he didn't have any weapons either.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 330I ZHP
Inspired by the wounding of my love, I was amazed to find that a little of the old rugby player still resides in this “well upholstered” body. Thankfully the guy walking with me, was a cop, and no charges were filed…….

Happened last summer before joining this forum, cost the “kid” (use any colorful adjective that you would like) a lot more then his milk money to fix my car. I wanted the death penalty, but my wife took his case.

Should have seen the look on his face when this “athlete” caught him from behind at a dead sprint. “Warp drive is available, but not recommended.”
Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Let's rock this bitch!!!

Send a message via AIM to girl_likes_bmw
Mein Auto: '02 BMW 330i
Angry if only i could...

My ex-roommate and I had an argument this past semester nearly getting in a fist fight.

Some people had stopped us before we got at each other.

Soon after, she left storming from the dorms--little did I know she was going to key my car on the way to her car and to add to my torment, she kicked leaving huge dents on both the front and back doors on the passenger. Scratch marks scribbled on the trunk, along the back, across the "330i" emblem, and all along the passenger side.

That Oldmobile Cutless driving bitch has yet to have been caught. Still in "investigation" by the campus police--also known as rent a cops.

Revenge will be oh so sweet...

PUTA!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_likes_bmw
My ex-roommate and I had an argument this past semester nearly getting in a fist fight.

Some people had stopped us before we got at each other.

Soon after, she left storming from the dorms--little did I know she was going to key my car on the way to her car and to add to my torment, she kicked leaving huge dents on both the front and back doors on the passenger. Scratch marks scribbled on the trunk, along the back, across the "330i" emblem, and all along the passenger side.

That Oldmobile Cutless driving bitch has yet to have been caught. Still in "investigation" by the campus police--also known as rent a cops.

Revenge will be oh so sweet...

PUTA!

Remember, revenge is best served cold.

Sorry to hear about your car. Being in college there are countless ways to ruin her reputation.

You dont happen to have pics of the wench do you?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance
You dont happen to have pics of the wench do you?
Yeah.

Is she hot?

Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Let's rock this bitch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance
Remember, revenge is best served cold.
best served cold eh?

if only i knew what that means...

like after a cooling down period?

it's been 2 months already.... cold enough?

Old 12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Let's rock this bitch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Yeah.

Is she hot?

im not one to judge, but if you like girls that are equivalent to a 500 lb bucket of lard, then yeah she is.....

Old 12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Im here

Send a message via AIM to 01silber
Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_likes_bmw

im not one to judge, but if you like girls that are equivalent to a 500 lb bucket of lard, then yeah she is.....
san antonio here too, Many of the women here are atleast 500lbs. gawd what a awful city
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Let's rock this bitch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01silber
san antonio here too, Many of the women here are atleast 500lbs. gawd what a awful city
yes sir!!

say it with me "hit the gym!!"

lol

Old 12-30-2005, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Greco
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.
oh man how do you fit yourself in the crv?
Old 01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Wrenchin'

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Brand
... after you're paid, then start the Tuesday-night-Brick-through-the-living-room-window ritual.
New Yorkers...

brick-thru-the-window is just lowering yourself to something as pathetic as that guy keying all those cars parked outside of his house.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 E90
The guy that said that he wasn't going to do anything, was at that moment. I voted to beat him to a pulp. But the other guys that voted not to do anything are going to do the brick through the window every tuesday of the month, complete with grafity, and a menacing bullet in the door. Sounds fair. Although I'd prefer to be a bit more personal about the whole situation.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Antagonist

Send a message via AIM to mikey36m3
Mein Auto: Bat Mobile
I actually cought someone trying to steal my m-moldings today, when I was done they pressed charges on me..
Old 01-08-2006, 05:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Clean325
Mein Auto: 02 E46 325i
both