Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions

Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions
Please post your comments, ideas, or suggestions here.

View Poll Results: You catch a vandal keying your car. Do you...
Call the police and have him arrested 1,050 34.78%
Beat him to a pulp 1,953 64.69%
Leave the scene 16 0.53%
Voters: 3019. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2006, 05:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to misschrnc
Mein Auto: e-90
Damn can i pick both? I'm a gurl but i don't care, my new e-90 (no plates yet) just been keyed last week. I would love to see who that was and i'd try my mighty best to beat the crap out of the person that did, cuz obviously the person couldn't tell you in person that they don't like u for some reason and they are probably chicken ****. Anywayz, i'd def. call the cops and later sue the person for damaging the ride cuz it is seriously vandalism.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Actually an intern

Mein Auto: 325 Cic (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orggilak
oh man how do you fit yourself in the crv?
Well it is the only choice. I call it the "biggest-little-SUV". Anything bigger than a small SUV like a RAV4, CR-V, X-terra, X3 etc. and you cannot make a turn in the narrow roads of Athens. I am not too comfy in there, though. I fit much better in my 2001 325 convertible.

Even medium SUVs (say like trailblazer) are too big and their huge engines make them too expensive (19% sales tax, and yearly registration based on engine size in liters). The minute you go over a 2.00L CR-V, you open a can of worms.

I actually like the CR-V. In its 110,000 km life (70,000 miles) it has only asked for gas and oil.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 330Ci Sport
Smile

Depends how much you are afraid of spending a few nights in a Greek jail. May have to sleep on your back, from what I hear. Other then that, I’d drop him like a bad habit. Not only does it make you feel better, but maybe that will stop him from vandalizing other people’s cars.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 PM
SPF 100 Protection

Mein Auto: truck
Depends how big he/she is.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Actually an intern

Mein Auto: 325 Cic (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gglekel
Depends how much you are afraid of spending a few nights in a Greek jail. May have to sleep on your back, from what I hear.
Ha ha ha. Well, since the war in the Balkans in the early 90s, the Greek jails are full of "illegal- Albanian-refugees-turned-to-mobsters".

Still better than a Turkish jail, though. You definitelly don't want to drop the soap bar in a Turkish jail
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 99 BMW 323i
There is nothing you can do that loses you more respect than messing with another persons automobile. People just have no sense of dignity anymore.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:48 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
i would, Brake his legs. Key his ass, Absolultly belt the living ****s out of him and then call the cops. Pffffft ass if anyone key my car. Thats is Fcuked

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Nothing witty here

Mein Auto: here
I would definitely catch the guy and have him resist arrest while falling down the stairs in a 1 story police station. That being said, there's always surgical amputations of offending digits so that it does not occur again. It's hard to key a car while holding the key in your right foot while balancing on the left foot because you have no arms left. These are the lowest of criminal scum who cannot even commit a real crime. Cowards, the lot of them!

My mom had a brand new 1983 Benz 380SL back in the day and it did not take 1 week for someone to take a key to the doors and trunk just for no reason other than spite. I have no tolerance to such cowards who hate their own lives so much that they have to mess with other people's stuff. Imagine the depths of depravity these losers must live in to commit such acts.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Speed Lives, Idiots Kill!

Send a message via MSN to Adonis Send a message via Yahoo to Adonis
Mein Auto: 2001 530i
Angry Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!

I 've had this happen before to my Mazda MX-6. Thank god I'm out of that area with my 530 now. Any way I think I'd catch the ****er, knock him out and get a couple of my friends to help me tie him/her to the back of my car upside down so their hands are on the pavement. then I'd go for a country drive and see if they'd changed there mind about destroying someone else's hard earned expensive property! If they gave me the right answer I'd let 'em go, if not, then it would be time to really get to work!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Adonis; 03-09-2006 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Nothing witty here

Mein Auto: here
Adonis, that sounds like a lot of work. A $10 surplus military machete and one good whack to disconnect the offending hand would solve your problem in 3 seconds.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: 1982 bmw 528e
i think i would break his other clavical just because i know how it is im 18 years old and my 1982 645 csi turbo got keyed by some other asshole.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:03 PM
lost and confused ...

Mein Auto: 911 gone. Coming soon...
open a laser printer or copier toner cartridge or refill, then pour it inside their car. Or, for the slightly more depraved, into their a/c vents ...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Talking ??????

What is with you call the police people? I gues if you see a cat **** on your lawn you call the ASPCA also !!! "Mr officer sir. I cannot believe it "Sylvester" has no manners, He relieved himself on my petunias, please do something about this. Right Now! I would have thrown something at him but that would be inhumane!" PLEASE!!! Man anyone who's keys someone else's vehicle should have their fingertips shot off! One by painful freakin one!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:36 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 740il
Guns, Guns, Guns

Texas fortunately has a concealed handgun license..... need I say more?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM

Mein Auto: 530d
this scum bag would definately have an anniversary every year of the event just to remind him never to do it again, well thats how i feel, but hed probably get police protection from us victims to add irony to the scenareo
Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
Every seen "American History X"? Remember the scene with Edward Norton and the black guy with his teeth on the curb? OUCH! I'm kind of too rational for something so drastic but I'd call the police and act like I was going to kick his ass. I'm sure you could get a lawyer and sue him. Get a real good one and get compensated for emotional, psychological, and other losses associated with time and energy to fix the scratch and time away from work.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
M Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to kaweahnet
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M Roadster
I would have beaten him silly after making sure that I would have been able to say that he threw the first punch. i.e. if there were witnesses, I probably would have just called the cops. If my friends were witnesses, it'd be On like Donkey Kong ...
1990 BMW 525i [E34] - (Daughter's)
PREVIOUSLY - 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
"Happiness is a garage full of bimmers!" (and a couple of go-karts)

Old 04-06-2006, 01:22 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 328i convertible
I'd break the **** outa him and then call the cops and tell them he tried to fight back.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to topdowndc
Mein Auto: 1990 E30 325i Convertible
Keying isn't the only crime against ones machine. I had someone leaving a parallel parking space slightly, yes just barely scratch the paint, brush my car. I was enraged as they drove away, but let it slide. A week later I was in an Napa Auto Parts parking lot picking up a turn signal bulb and this greasy guy comes up and says he can fix my scratch. I said, "no, thank you." He proceded to take a rubber mallot out as well as some weird iron rod and proceeds to beat on my car. Not only does he make the paint scratch worse but he dents the front quarter panel bad enough that I think it's going to need replacing. I told him I was calling the police and he ran. The Napa people say that people are always hanging out in the parking lot offering to "fix" people's cars. I'm sorry, but if i had a firearm at the time then someone might have been hurt.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Hawks RULE!

Mein Auto: '07 e60 530iA
One word: CURBY!

And maybe a call to the cops to report that said person bled on your shoe.

-Cago

2007 e60 530iA - Jet Black / Black Dakota - Premium - STEP - Cold - Sirius - 24k mi - CPO

2003 e39 530iA - SOLD @ 93k miles.
1997 e39 528iA - SOLD @ 145k miles.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFF/EMT
Texas fortunately has a concealed handgun license..... need I say more?

This is the funniest thread ever. 90% of you people saying you would beat the living ^%#$ out of the culprit are liars.

Especially the few people who say they are going to Shoot them with a gun or imply it lol.

Couple of scratches on a car isn't worth life in jail people.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:37 AM

Talking Ok, Ok, I admit It.!

I would not shoot anyone for a "petty" crime. I'm not going to jail for something silly. But, make no mistake it is well within the law to defend oneself and one's property. I would absolutely beat the **** out them and they better hope none of my people are around 'cause we all live by the same philosophy. "I WISH a Mother****a would do some ****"!. We don't hope for the best, we are prepared for the worst. I tell you what though. I wish I could take a motha - F*$ka like that and run a wire from my positive post on my battery and strap it to their balls/nips and let them feel the "shock" I feel when I see my car. F**%ing no-life bastards!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis
I would not shoot anyone for a "petty" crime. I'm not going to jail for something silly. But, make no mistake it is well within the law to defend oneself and one's property. I would absolutely beat the **** out them and they better hope none of my people are around 'cause we all live by the same philosophy. "I WISH a Mother****a would do some ****"!. We don't hope for the best, we are prepared for the worst. I tell you what though. I wish I could take a motha - F*$ka like that and run a wire from my positive post on my battery and strap it to their balls/nips and let them feel the "shock" I feel when I see my car. F**%ing no-life bastards!

And what if it was a 5 year old girl who did that to your precious car?
Would you electrocute her with your car battery? Or even beat the living crap out of her?

hehe be realistic.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 AM

Lightbulb Aha, quite a quandry indeed!

Hmmm, I believe you have an interesting point there mi lad. But alas I have an answer indeed! As a father of a two year old and a four year old, I believe this is a resolvable situation!. There's only so much damage a child of such a tender age can do. So I propose that the parents of said "demon", I mean child own up and pay for the damages in full. This is exactly what I would do in the unlikely event that this were my progeny! Now, an unattended child left to his/her own devices develops two problems, bad or lack of parents or weak minded parents prone to forgetfullness. In case two refer to solution above. In case one the "Bad" parents should be subject to my former reply's punishment or, being a ward of the state, the state should pay for my damages. Got more questions? I got more anwers!

Last edited by Adonis; 04-20-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis
Got more questions? I got more anwers!
Nope LOL now thats a more reasonable and a real answer I would expect other human beings to act in this type of situation. I just thought it was funny with all the I'll beat the living crap out of him, or chop of the hand of the person, I would shoot them dead on sight, etc. etc. was total garbage IF it is in fact what they would do. I assume these people are just kidding or exaggerating excessively.

No one in their right mind would do any of these, unless they don't mind going to prison for a long long time.