Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325CiC
Video Added to Nav Screen..Cheaper!

I wanted to pass along some valuble information.
You are able to add video to your factory nav screen without using expensive alternatives.
The part is made by Peripheral Model #PNVI plus the proper vehicle harness which is PNVH02 for BMW. I just finished testing mine temporarily with a backup camera to see it in fact works and it does, as with the others you still need to use a FM modulator or the Aux input for audio which is easy also. It comes with a cable that connects inline with the harness already connected in the back of the nav unit. The price should be about $300-$400 but maybe cheaper

I have included pics of the unit working and the part itself
Here is the description from the website:
Link>Peripheral
PNVI:
Dual Video Input for factory navigation displays

Designed to allow up to two independent video sources to be viewed on the factory navigation display. High quality video inputs can be selected using the external control pad. When used with a backup camera, the PNVI will automatically switch the display to the rear camera input when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. The PNVI is a single programmable interface that uses vehicle specific harnesses to integrate video into Acura, Audi, BMW, GM, Honda, Infiniti, LandRover, Nissan, Toyota and VWs with OEM navigation displays.

Programmable interface
Supports Two Video inputs with use of external control pad
Utilizes Vehicle specific harness - Sold separately
Automatically switches to Rear camera when vehicle is in Reverse

Advertisement
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to itznin
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWolfey
I wanted to pass along some valuble information.
You are able to add video to your factory nav screen without using expensive alternatives.
The part is made by Peripheral Model #PNVI plus the proper vehicle harness which is PNVH02 for BMW. I just finished testing mine temporarily with a backup camera to see it in fact works and it does, as with the others you still need to use a FM modulator or the Aux input for audio which is easy also. It comes with a cable that connects inline with the harness already connected in the back of the nav unit. The price should be about $300-$400 but maybe cheaper

I have included pics of the unit working and the part itself
Here is the description from the website:
Link>Peripheral
PNVI:
Dual Video Input for factory navigation displays

Designed to allow up to two independent video sources to be viewed on the factory navigation display. High quality video inputs can be selected using the external control pad. When used with a backup camera, the PNVI will automatically switch the display to the rear camera input when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. The PNVI is a single programmable interface that uses vehicle specific harnesses to integrate video into Acura, Audi, BMW, GM, Honda, Infiniti, LandRover, Nissan, Toyota and VWs with OEM navigation displays.

Programmable interface
Supports Two Video inputs with use of external control pad
Utilizes Vehicle specific harness - Sold separately
Automatically switches to Rear camera when vehicle is in Reverse
Any clue if it's available for IDrive/NAV?

04' Suzuki GSX-R 600 - Blue
Old 07-27-2005, 11:10 AM

It looks like the chart, right now only for vehicles with the trunk mounted nav, whats odd is that they list 2004 7 series.. dont they all have I-drive?? and the 5 series too.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:53 AM
You Lick It, You Own It

Send a message via ICQ to chivas Send a message via AIM to chivas
Mein Auto: 98 540i/6
sweet!!!!

where did you get yours from? like to add this since i do have a DVD player sitting around.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:53 PM

I was able to purchase it directly from Peripheral, I will find out the price, maybe I can get a group buy going or something, I will post the details asap.