Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Mein Auto: Golf VI R
Compliance photos F80 M3 (almost) stripper

I was in Munich today picking this up. I think it's really hard to capture the carbonstructure cloth in pictures as it shows more white than the eye sees (at least my eyes). I ordered the cloth seats without seeing or touching in real life. My delivery guy admitted that it was the first time he saw it too! Staff at Welt is superb, everyone we spoke to was very nice and knowledgeable. And helpful too, as they helped me set up the service appointment in Italy.

I got the bottle and the book as gifts for being a loyal customer.

I ordered a stripper except for one option only (give me a ping Vasily, one ping only please). In this day of more autonomous features and innovations, I want to be able to still screw up and be on the wrong gear sometimes and miss some shifts once in a while (it's Ok, I leased ). And yes, those are the tires from ED Winter tires.

In the mountains now. Tomorrow, Italy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4588.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	583196   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4594.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	583197  
E90 330i ED June 26 2006- ED Trip Report

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"- George Carlin
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 16 435 CV Msport PPK/335d
Nice ride! Enjoy
Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 AM

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Cloth seats are less hot in the summer, potentially safer in a collision because the increased friction makes it harder to slide off the seat (I didn't believe it until I saw a TV interview), and less cold in winter. I wish it were standard, ha ha.

The one option wasn't automatic transmission!
A Bimmerfest user near me has a 320i with only two options, sports package and metallic paint. I can't think of fewer unless one wants a white car.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:43 AM
OEM Audio PnP Integration

Mein Auto: 2017 M3

BMW OEM Audio PnP integration
www.TechnicPnP.com
TechnicPnP@Hotmail.com
Old 12-03-2016, 03:07 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

For those who used the navigation, I'm seeming to be having trouble with routing. I see options for Fast, Efficient, and Short but somehow it doesn't pick the "right" way. For example, from Garmish-Partenkirchen south to Italy, it took me on the opposite side of the valley from the Autobahn. I was going through little villages in Austria and I could see the Autobahn on the other side. That was fun for a while but I also need to get somewhere sometimes. Avoid freeway and tolls are not checked. The only function that is on that I might check off is "learn". Maybe it thinks I like to go on smaller roads

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"- George Carlin
Old 12-03-2016, 06:24 AM
OEM Audio PnP Integration

Mein Auto: 2017 M3
The ED version of the Nav that is in the USB stick is very limited in features. It does not even keep the "Last Destinations" once the car is shut off. It can be frustrating so try to enjoy your trip regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
For those who used the navigation, I'm seeming to be having trouble with routing. I see options for Fast, Efficient, and Short but somehow it doesn't pick the "right" way. For example, from Garmish-Partenkirchen south to Italy, it took me on the opposite side of the valley from the Autobahn. I was going through little villages in Austria and I could see the Autobahn on the other side. That was fun for a while but I also need to get somewhere sometimes. Avoid freeway and tolls are not checked. The only function that is on that I might check off is "learn". Maybe it thinks I like to go on smaller roads

BMW OEM Audio PnP integration
www.TechnicPnP.com
TechnicPnP@Hotmail.com
Old 12-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The ED version of the Nav that is in the USB stick is very limited in features. It does not even keep the "Last Destinations" once the car is shut off. It can be frustrating so try to enjoy your trip regardless.
I noticed the Last Destination right off. Since I'd read how others had reported that the navigation had been flawless I wondered if I was doing something wrong.

We're deep in Italy now and I'd forgotten that many gas stations are unattended on Sunday. While I was fairly certain we'd be OK once we got on the Autostrada, I got a little nervous because I had enough for 70 km and we needed to go another 40 km before we got on and then who knows how long before the first rest stop. Anyway, I tried the first unattended kiosk but no English instructions and it wouldn't take my debit or credit card. Both cards have chips but instructions I think were requiring a PIN but I couldn't get it to take them.
Further along I found an Agip station that worked with my credit card. Different machine with English instructions.

We were in San Marino when we saw this beauty. Also, the Ferrari and Abarth museum (in San Marino) is closed for a few months, if you were planning to go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4676.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	583489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4678.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	583490  

Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

Hey guys, I'm in MUC now having dropped off the car couple of hours ago and waiting for the flight home.
More details and photos later but as a teaser: car was in 5 countries including one where they drive on the wrong side, took 4 ferry rides, and it only rained on us 2 days.
Boarding calls.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161223_135047.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	585088  

Old 12-23-2016, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: '00 E46 Sedan & '16 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
More details and photos later but as a teaser: car was in 5 countries including one where they drive on the wrong side, took 4 ferry rides, and it only rained on us 2 days.
Boarding calls.
OK. Wrong side of road and only two days of rain. I know the answer to the teaser - You only spent two days in England. Right?
Old 12-28-2016, 11:46 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitony View Post
OK. Wrong side of road and only two days of rain. I know the answer to the teaser - You only spent two days in England. Right?
Close! Malta is a former British colony so they speak English, have red phone booths, and drive on the wrong side.
They have a very interesting history with occupation or domination by Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs, Normans, Knights of St John, French, and the British until they granted independence in 1964. More later on Malta.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Spy shot of BMW Future model

BMW Future model price higher than new Ferrari.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BMW Future.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	585459  

Old 12-28-2016, 11:56 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Waypoint on the way south

The main focus of our trip was Southern Italy so I chose a couple of cities along the way that seemed interesting to make stops. It's how we ended up in San Marino. In retrospect, it turned out to be not that interesting. We arrived after the sun had set, so the introduction to this micro-state was a seemingly endless chain of brightly lit malls and stores. Traffic here is relatively heavy as you're driving in Italian countryside and suddenly you cross into San Marino which (according to wikipedia) is the only country with more cars than people. Shopping is big here and many are attracted by the duty-free shops. After you pass the shopping areas you really start going uphill, and you climb and wind your way up for a while until you get to the old town. Our hotel was almost at the top in a limited traffic zone, closed to car traffic at certain hours.

Photos:
1) This was on the way to San Marino. The photos I'd seen of Comacchio were full of people. One of the benefits of traveling in the low season. Comacchio is like a poor man's Venice.
2) Treponti (Three Bridges) a landmark in Comacchio.
3) Hotel parking. I got a "special" spot as I could not make a turn into their regular lot. The tires started slipping and the hotel guy didn't want me to start fishtailing so he directed me to another spot where I didn't have to turn. LOL
4) Palazzo Pubblico in San Marino.
5) One of the towers at the top of Monte Titano in San Marino. Theres a drop of several hundred feet on the other side of the wall. Maybe the fortifications explain why the country was never conquered.
6) Seems like a boondogle, if they're paying for this.
7) Before Comacchio, we made a quick stop in Ferrara, a Renaissance city. I took this picture of Este Castle with my phone and Google Photos' algorithm somehow selected to process with its special effects. Ferrara old town was very pleasant, and full of students from the university nearby.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Comacchio.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	585447   Click image for larger version

Name:	Treponti.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	585448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	585453   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4686.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	585456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tower San Marino.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	585457  

Name:	Mexico.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	585458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Este Castle-EFFECTS.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	585460  

Old 12-29-2016, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
You took your ED car to Malta? Molto cool!

You should have driven through Vatican City for a 6th country, but that is tough to do without permission. I did Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and Italy in one day once. Not sure what the one day record is for countries. Should have gone to San Marino for 6. Now we just need someone to go to Cyprus or the Faroe Islands.

More pics please.

Last edited by Kanuck; 12-29-2016 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2017 3401
Awesome car... Awesome trip!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 335ix, 97 240sx
Looks good! I really like the look of those cloth seats from pics. Are you saying you like them even better now that you've seen them?

Which option? Carbon trim? Now that I have a rear view camera, I surprisingly really like it. That and the HUD is kinda neat too. If I ever get an M3, I might have to spring for an executive package. Even with that one package though, a great value for a car with that many features. Particularly compared to a fully loaded 335.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

We made another quick overnight stop in Termoli. It's a beach resort town on the Adriatic Coast and there's a very cute old town inside the old fortification walls. We couldn't find a nice coastal road, something like California Highway 1, so we stayed with the Autostrada for most of the way. On the Autostrada there are warning signs that there's a speed control system called Tutor. From what I've read, it captures your vehicle information when you pass under the clearly marked Tutor gates, and it calculates your average speed between these gates, which may be spaced 10 to 25 km apart. The usual speed limit in the Autostrada is 130kph but seems like many cars were going well over, ask me how I know . Maybe they know when or which Tutor gates are active.

1) Beach in Termoli, I think the snow covered mountains are the Apennines.
2) Detail of the Cathedral of Termoli.
3) We're more than half way down the boot and winter tires are still required. As I recall it was cold (for me) in the mid 40s F but nowhere close to freezing when I took this pic.
4) This was the only successful refuel without attendant. Not sure what was different at other kiosk machines that I tried since they had the Visa/MasterCard logos (but instructions only in Italian). All other times I fueled when there was an attendant or cashier present.
5) This was off the Autostrada. Prices on Autostrada are generally higher. This is about $5.60/gallon if you take $1 = 1 Euro. Unleaded is SenzaPb and 95 octane but they calculate the octane differently (roughly equivalent to 91 in US). Gas is cheaper in Austria and Germany (in the 1.30's range vs. 1.49 here) so fill up before you get into Italy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4707.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	585641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4704.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	585642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_171303.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	585643   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_150954.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	585644   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161204_151007.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	585645  

Last edited by Asteroid; 12-30-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:52 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

Matera

We made a base in Matera in the Basilicata region, which in the instep of the boot. Some of the old parts of Matera are considered UNESCO World Heritage sites, in part because of the authenticity and preservation. The natural caves were occupied by humans dating back to 2,000 years. Mel Gibson made the movie The Passion of the Christ here. The old town looks like a nativity scene.

1) Panorama
2) Cathedral, effects by Google Photos
3) Church of San Pietro Caveoso
4) The hotel is in the old town in restricted traffic zone and no parking on site.
5) Our room is in a cave. In the 1950s, this was the shame of Italy as families lived in these caves with no running water, sewage, or heat. They often lived together with their livestock animals. In a documentary we saw, the government evicted these families and moved them to new housing nearby. In a few short years many of the relocated families had left their new homes and moved away because there were no economic opportunities here.
6) The cave had to remain "original" so we were told that to install heat and plumbing they had to carefully replace any stone that was moved.
7) Cool Church Santa Maria de Idris
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PANO_20161209_092850.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	585646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161206_114437-EFFECTS.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	585648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4746.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	585649   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161206_134806.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	585650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Room in cave.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	585651  

Name:	Bath.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	585652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4768.jpg
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	585653  

Last edited by Asteroid; 12-30-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:53 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

To get ideas about places to visit, we downloaded some podcasts from Rick Steves' site. There are 3 or 4 related to southern Italy, and 3-4 more specifically about Sicily. I must have listened to each one like 4 times because we would play them on some of the long drives, but my wife would invariably fall asleep and want to replay them for what she missed.

1) Took a drive to Alberobello, about 1 hr away. This is where the trullo (plural trulli) structures are most abundant. In the old days, the outer walls were stones stacked without mortar in the shape of a cylinder and it topped with a cone shaped roof. Possible origin is that in the old days, landlords were taxed based on whether their lands were settled. So when the taxman came to inspect, the structures could be taken down quickly. Buildings? which buildings are you talking about
2) Also checked out Ostuni. This is the cathedral. The old town is all inside the fortification walls and is a pedestrian zone. It was in this town where after I started the car and it was making the usual engine sounds a guy walking by called out "Che bella macchina. Auguri." Which translates to: Nice car, congrats or Nice car, best wishes.
3) Ostuni is very reminiscent of the Pueblos Blancos in southern Spain.
4) Another similarity to Spain is the schedule. They close for a couple hours for a siesta. This is not only restaurants, but all kinds of businesses including banks. This was very typical for southern Italy and Sicily.
5) A couple of times the hotel valet returned the car this way. I guess the seatbelt chime must get really annoying
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4733-EFFECTS.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	585636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4750.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	585637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4754.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	585638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161205_134836.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	585639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161209_084610.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	585640  

Last edited by Asteroid; 12-30-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
Awesome. Keep it coming. It is threads like these that will keep me going until April.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 320i
Next Sept is my family surname 1000 yr union in Naples Italy, I'm planning our next ED, Plan on driving down from Slovenia to Croatia, then take the over night ferry to Beri Italy. Haven't decided what is happening from here yet.

2013 320i Jet Black, Venetian Beige Dakota Leather, Premium Package, BMS Stage 1, coded goodies.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle11 View Post
Next Sept is my family surname 1000 yr union in Naples Italy, I'm planning our next ED, Plan on driving down from Slovenia to Croatia, then take the over night ferry to Beri Italy. Haven't decided what is happening from here yet.
That reunion sounds like a cool event!
You could drive to the tip of the boot and ferry across to Sicily (20 minute ferry, runs often). You could easily spend 7-10 days exploring Sicily from 2-3 bases. Then when you're ready to go to Napoli, get on the Palermo-Napoli overnight ferry. I did that. It's about 10-1/2 hours. The one we took was scheduled to leave at 8pm, but in the morning I got a text informing us of a 2 hr delay. From my recollection, it was around 250 euros for 2 people, 1 car, in a private room with bath. The room had fold down bunks for 2 more if you're bringing more people. If ferry stays on schedule, you arrive in Napoli in time for morning coffee.

The trucks get lashed down to the deck. Cars just set the parking brake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161219_195856.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	585745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161219_215656.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	585746  

Old 12-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Sicily

We are now in Sicily. I had some small reservations about going there with the car. After all the Sicilian guides that Rick Steves interviewed in his show described normal life there as "organized chaos". One guide even described how people go when the light is red, but stop when it's green in case somebody is running a red. I can say that from my experience, there's a lot more people running red lights and driving erratically (this I think is from a lot of out of town Uber drivers, but that's another story) in San Francisco. The worst offense (if at all) was that often traffic backed up on some arterial roads because there'd be an older dude with a beret in a small FIAT puttering along below the speed limit and the passers were not always speedy about passing.

1-4) In larger cities (but not only in Sicily), there are some lanes that are about 1-1/2 lane wide but everyone drives like it's a 2 lane street. The right lane is a bus lane and the left lane is for oncoming traffic. I did not find this uncomfortable as most people were conscious of the tight space. Most people were in smaller cars too.
5) One of the locals told me that Sicilians can be creative with their parking, even poetic. Maybe he didn't find all the right words in English but I got the point. This was not the worst I saw.
6) People at the Welt called the BMW dealer in Palermo to set up the 1,200 mi M service, so I assumed everything would be right when I showed up. I got there and only 2 people spoke English, and 1 of them was another customer asking me why I was there and was there anything wrong with the car. Well the lady who received me didn't know about any appointment (I think they don't take appointments) but she said just wait and we'll take care of it. Then another service advisor takes the key and puts in the in reader and I see that he's concerned. Soon there's 4 guys in the room including one technician, and they're all talking, and I can understand "differenziale". Turns out they cannot do the service because they don't have the differential oil. It's a Saturday so they tell me, come back Monday and we'll get it done. I told them it must be done because I leave Monday night on the ferry, and I think they got it. No biggie, I embrace the organized chaos and take the car for more sightseeing. On Monday, they were expecting me and right away they get a guy who speaks English. Funny thing is they say it'll be done by 1, so I say I'll be back at 1. They say no come back at 3, turns out they close for the siesta. Then they get another guy who spoke English to drive me back. The B&B guy where I'm staying arranged to get someone to drive me to pick up the car. We set a time and when I get back to the B&B the driver tells me to cool my jets, he just called and they don't open at 3 but 3:30. The service cost 318 euros.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2016-12-18 at 1.06.16 PM.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	585821   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2016-12-18 at 1.05.20 PM.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	585822   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2016-12-18 at 1.04.31 PM.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	585823   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2016-12-18 at 1.04.05 PM.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	585824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_110208.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	585825  

Name:	IMG_20161219_082455.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	585826  

Last edited by Asteroid; 12-31-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

Taormina, Sicily

This is a very nice small town situated on a cliff. It's supposed to be a resort for the jet set, but maybe because it was low season, I did not find it uppity at all.

1) This is Taormina with Mt Etna, an active volcano, in the background. It is here that we had the only white knuckle moment in the entire trip. I'm driving up a street that narrows ahead, there's people walking alongside as there are no sidewalks so I'm probably going no more than 15 mph, when out of the intersection from the cross street comes this FIAT hatchback head on. I stopped immediately and the FIAT screeches to a stop and stalls the engine. People scatter and the FIAT goes away after I move right a little.
2) Greek theater, that later became a Roman amphitheater.
3-4) Hiking around the craters on Mt Etna
5) That's my car next to the RV
6) Valet parking at the hotel because the car goes into an elevator. No comment how the valet parked it, with front end sticking out.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4809-PANO.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	585827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4823.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	585828   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161210_125401.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	585829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161210_125840.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	585830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161210_130927.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	585831  

Name:	IMG_20161210_094841.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	585832  

Old 01-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Don't be a left lane hog

Sicily

In addition to Taormina, we stayed in Syracuse and Palermo but in between we went to Malta. For simplicity I'll post the Sicily pictures here and make another post for Malta.

1-2) Some of the best preserved Greek ruins may be in Sicily. This Greek temple in Segesta dates back to about 430 BC. There's also a Greek theater in nearby hill and I recommend the shuttle bus to get there.

3) Villa Romana del Casale was probably a hunting lodge for a Roman emperor. It contains a large collection of mosaics dating to about 300 AD. A mudslide preserved the floors and today you can visit and admire them from a series of catwalks that take you to most of the rooms in the villa. The villa is kind of in the middle of nowhere, closest town is Piazza Armerina.
4) Here's evidence that the French stole the idea for the bikini. Maybe also evidence of the first recorded "wardrobe malfunction" during a sport event.

Edit:
I'm testing to see if links to photospheres and 360 pictures work.
Here's a photosphere of a room in the Villa del Casale: https://goo.*/photos/nNXr9W5iahYafLeN7
360 of the Greek theater: https://goo.*/photos/UjDJ2aVB8BSTY6sL6

OK, the forum software doesn't like google photo links. If you want to see the picture replace the * with gl in the links.

Edit2:
Seems like the 360 degree pictures don't work. The photosphere worked. Here's a cleaner link for the phtosphere: http://tinyurl.com/hyj4bns

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161218_105900.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	585876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161218_105212.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	585877   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_121110.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	585878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161216_121523.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	585879  

Last edited by Asteroid; 01-02-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Don't be a left lane hog

More Sicily

Other towns we visited in Sicily:

1) Erice is a medieval village at the top of a steep hill. It has the its fortifications and the requisite churches inside the walls. We drove here following google maps. We didn't know this at the time but there's 2 ways up the mountain and we took what seemed to be the short and steep way up. We only saw 3-4 other cars coming down, nobody going up this way.
2) Looking for lunch, we stumbled upon this place that was not in the main square. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but this was the menu and it was the only copy she had. The food was simply prepared but it was very good.

3) Monreale has a famous cathedral from the Norman times. The exterior does not seem impressive but I reconsider when I consider its age (12th century).
4) The images were created with glass mosaics.
Link to a photosphere of the interior: http://tinyurl.com/hqdwk3o Photospheres don't seem to work with iPhones, but Ok with android devices.

Palermo has the Palatine Chapel (also 12th century) which is part of the Royal Palace of the Norman kings. Went there while some restoration work was underway. Photosphere here: http://tinyurl.com/jotacjm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20161218_165315.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	586018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161218_151209.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	586019   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monreale Cathedral.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	586020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monreale.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	586021  

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
alpine white, cloth, f80, m3

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search