Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 06-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540i, 325i
Late compliance and a question

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1433791108.949352.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	513434

Picked up my 435 GC on 6/6. Mineral grey/black, M sport, premium, tech, drivers assistance. So far I love it. I didn't really realize just how good looking this car is until I saw mine.

So far we've been to Verona where I parked next a white ED M4 and now we're in Como. I must say as an experienced European driver I'm not sure I would have reached our current destination without the Nav which has so far worked flawlessly.

But here's the problem: on 4 occasions in 3 days when turning aggressively to the right there is the sound of metal sliding on metal in what seems like the passenger door. As crazy as it seems it sounds like something is loose in the door but I can't reproduce it consistently. It's there when it's there and otherwise it's fine.

So what do I do? Who do I report this to in order to have the VPC guys check it out? I'm afraid they'll think I'm crazy as it happens so sporadically. At least up until this point.

This picture will have to do. I've got tons on my camera but have no clue how to upload them. This one is from my phone.
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2015, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6sp!
I would take it up with your dealer when you get back.

And if you want to confirm you're not crazy, when you get back, get a rare earth magnet, wrap it in a kitchen towel and run it along the bottom of the door. If you hear something inside moving, you found your loose screw/nut. Then it will be easier to convince the dealer to pull the door panel to fish it out.

ED (on the boat): 2015 M3 6sp (tanzanite, silverstone extended, cf roof/trim, executive, lighting, 19" silver wheels, adaptive M, hk sound)
2005.5 A4 Avant (quattro, 6sp, etc. etc.)

** September 11th, 2001 - Never Forget **
Old 06-10-2015, 07:54 AM

Mein Auto: 435i Convertible
You could tell Loginout about it when you check in and then when you get back call or email your CA and ask him to notify VPC too OR you could wait until the car is out of VPC and on the truck and have your dealer look at it when they do their normal redelivery prep. If you are not doing PCD I'd opt for the latter since asking VPC to do anything can add a week or more to redelivery whereas asking your dealer might delay just a day (or two if they have to order a part).

Gone but not forgotten:
'96 Z3 '00 Z3 2.8 LCI '03 Z4 3.0
'07 and '11 335i 'verts
Old 06-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Mein Auto: 540i, 325i
Thanks for the replies.

I should have mentioned I'm doing PCD. So would the VPC check it out or the people at PCD? Also, I'm dropping in Nice. I'll tell them about it but I suspect they won't care and/or won't be able to do much about it.

I took it on a nice drive around the north end of Lake Como (Varenna to Menaggio) and didn't hear it. So maybe it's gone for good. But I'll probably listen for it as long as I have the car.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport und i3
Quote:
Originally Posted by akthorp View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I should have mentioned I'm doing PCD. So would the VPC check it out or the people at PCD? Also, I'm dropping in Nice. I'll tell them about it but I suspect they won't care and/or won't be able to do much about it.

I took it on a nice drive around the north end of Lake Como (Varenna to Menaggio) and didn't hear it. So maybe it's gone for good. But I'll probably listen for it as long as I have the car.
The VDC will actually be the ones that check out any problems you report or that are found before it is shipped to the PCD. I'd encourage you to notate it when you turn the car over.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: '11 Z4 35is
It's a penalty for not reporting on time

Notify the staff at drop off location, there is a chance VDC will take care of it although they usually repair any damage during ED.