Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 03-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nissan 350Z-08 BMW 335i
Website Track Your BMW Feature

Of course the feature on BMW North America Website allows you to track your car from order to delivery. I have read here that the feature is "roughly accurate." I was surprised today when plugging my order number in revealed that "production ends" for my 2015 M4. My delivery date is not until July 25 @ Welt. Why would they build the car this soon to store it. I realize they will be, at some point, be switching production to the 2016 models but why would my car sit for over 4 months waiting for me ? The dealer had to use an M4 out of his allocation as any other dealership. Does it mean he used an allocation from early in the year and now the car will have to sit for my arranged delivery date?

Last edited by calimarc; 03-22-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2015, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: '15 550i ED, '14 X3 28i
Have you called the 800 number? It's much more reliable than the online tool. If that says it has finished production, then it was probably just the allocation being used.
2012 535i - Retired
2008 528i - Retired
Old 03-23-2015, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 325 xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas550 View Post
Have you called the 800 number? It's much more reliable than the online tool. If that says it has finished production, then it was probably just the allocation being used.
That's interesting. I called the 800 number today to get an update on my car (I pick up in 28 days from today) and the woman I spoke with said they don't have visibility into production schedules for ED cars.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 435i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkarkhanis View Post
That's interesting. I called the 800 number today to get an update on my car (I pick up in 28 days from today) and the woman I spoke with said they don't have visibility into production schedules for ED cars.
Call BMW ED 800-932-0831.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas550 View Post
No...but I will now! haha It's not a big deal, just surprised me to think my car is already in exsistence. Part of me wants my car to be "newer" when I pick it up...like only having been produced 2 weeks prior to me receiving it. I crack myself up sometimes but found a community of people just like me on this forum
Old 03-24-2015, 05:52 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkarkhanis View Post
Not true -- at least mostly. After the automated system told me my car was in production yesterday I transferred to a human. The CSR was able to tell me my car hit the 150 production status and that the car would be completed on Thursday. But she couldn't find the VIN. I then emailed my CR who forwarded the VIN about a hour later. FWIW my car is being produced approx 3 weeks before p/u.

ED P/U: 5/31/11
On Cargo Ship "Elektra": 6/15/11
Somewhere in NJ: 6/29/11
Redelivery: 7/14/11
Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325 xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-O View Post
Call BMW ED 800-932-0831.
Thanks Wine-O. My car is still in the modifiable stage, meaning it's not yet locked into BMW's system. It should go into production about 2 weeks prior to pickup.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:44 AM

After calling the 800 number I learned my car is in fact produced. As I figured the car was made this early because of the dealership allocation for early 2015 was used. So my car will wait for me all of way to July to be delivered.