Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series

7 Series / 8 Series
The BMW 7 series and 8 Series Forum

Old 09-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Ordered My E63 650i Coupe

Greetings all from down under!

This is my first post and am happy to share with you that I have ordered my 650i coupe just recently with Individual package composition 1 (i.e. includes leather back of seats and centre console etc.).

- 650i starts 1 September world wide production
- BUT Individual begins production at November for me, so my delivery is expected to be January 2006
- Exterior colour : Mineral Silver (standard colour), (although Blue Onyx looks fab too)!
- Interior colour : Individual composition 1 - platinum leather, platinum Alcantara at roof liner etc. and wood walnut amarone trim, should look fabulous. Anthracite alcantara at back end area.
- Pretty much everything comes standard. Comfort Access I got, along with minor upgrades like 13 speakers logic7, HUD standard. Only option I did not get was Active Cruise Control, as car comes standard with normal cruise control anyway, and gets rarely used by me. Cup holders, DSC + , Dynamic drive (active anti body roll), all standard

- Wheels: style 152 19" with BMW Individual logo. Although the new 650i 10 spoke style is nice, I prefer the Individual offering I got. Dealer said I am the first to order. Can't wait. Was originally planning to get the 645Ci but only learned that 650i has more power and is the upgraded engine. Although I did consider the M6, I felt that was too sporty for me here in Sydney and so didn't go that route.

Dealer did not provide extra window tinting He said extra tinting is not supported by BMW because it distorts the complicated reception system for radio, entertainment etc. Anyone please confirm this?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by 650iOzBoy; 09-01-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto: A car
I am totally thrilled with my Active Cruise. I am not much of a cruise control user other than on open highway. But now, I really look forward to the A\C. It actually has a calming affect on my driving, don't know why just does (possibly the 'whole' car experience) I am in So. California and I find A\C works great in steady traffic. I have even exited the highway and made an immediate left turn at the control of the A\C. I would rather have a root canal than drive downtown LA so I avoid stop and go which obviously A\C can not be applied. Outside of that I highly recommend A\C. My $.02.

It's alot like other high tech gadgets, ie self dimmng mirrors, push botton start, ect. that you don't miss until you've had the use of them.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Kay
I am totally thrilled with my Active Cruise. I am not much of a cruise control user other than on open highway. But now, I really look forward to the A\C. It actually has a calming affect on my driving, don't know why just does (possibly the 'whole' car experience) I am in So. California and I find A\C works great in steady traffic. I have even exited the highway and made an immediate left turn at the control of the A\C. I would rather have a root canal than drive downtown LA so I avoid stop and go which obviously A\C can not be applied. Outside of that I highly recommend A\C. My $.02.

It's alot like other high tech gadgets, ie self dimmng mirrors, push botton start, ect. that you don't miss until you've had the use of them.

Thanks. I had normal cruise control in my other cars, and I rarely ever used them. I enjoy driving them myself. Oh yes, I forgot to mention about the start/stop button. This will be my first car with that feature too!

All 6 series in Oz also come standard with the glass roof.