Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 09-03-2005, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 328 IS
I Want Speeeeeeddddddddddddd !!!

Now to my question, I was told by the mechanic that there wasn't a chip for my car (97 328is, 137,000 miles). I don't know if that's true or not. I just recently bought a K&N air intake and a supersprint exhaust. K&N sucks !! :thumbdown: Is there something that I can do to get more power. I have an automatic, and I have to bring it up to 60mph bring I feel it kicks in. Is that how it's suppose to be, or is it just me being obessed with speed.(I need all the speed junkies to support me on this ) . What else can I add, be it a chip or charger, or god knows what ! Please if anyone has had any experience with this problem, or knows how to deal with it please responded !!! Thanks to all. Have a great and safe Labor Day weekend. Drive safe all u racers !!!

Last edited by Blue 328; 09-03-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
You won't get speed with intake.

What you need is a supercharger. Check the archives, this question have been asked before.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:51 AM

So I can keep the K&N intake but just add a charger. I'm still faily new to all these different parts. Do a charger needs to be download, or is it like a chip? I'll check the archives. Thxs!
Old 09-03-2005, 04:20 PM
U know how the game goes

Mein Auto: BM-double Who's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 328
So I can keep the K&N intake but just add a charger. I'm still faily new to all these different parts. Do a charger needs to be download, or is it like a chip? I'll check the archives. Thxs!
I don't understand your question. What are you trying to do to your car? K&N makes great filters and they are much better/longer lasting than the disposable OEM units.

Are you looking for an ECU upgrade? Alex is talking about superchargers. Now it sounds like your trying to download a supercharger that will work with your K&N filter ??!?!!111/??

Supercharged E36 325is 5sp
::ERT S/C, Auto-Manual Conv, SPAL Fan, Zeitronix, SAFCII, Alpine, Autotek, Orion, Angel Eyes, Tinted, Smoked, Trackpiped, and so much more::

Drop Top E46 330cic Step
::PP, SPP, CWP, HK, BT, Lumbar, Xenon, Tints, Clears, Remus Exhaust, ///M-Tech Wheels::
Old 09-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Certified Organic Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Hello... yes... did you call...

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Old 09-04-2005, 04:00 PM

Sorry if my question doesn't make sense I thought it did. I just want to add more power to my K&N intake, and I was wondering what else I could do to it. I don't know nothing about chargers and how it works, nor chips. I just want to be able to press the pedal and feel it go. I also have a supersprint exhaust. It's a 97 with 137,777 miles on it. I like ur rims what kind of rims is it. Is it blue.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Certified Organic Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 328
Sorry if my question doesn't make sense I thought it did. I just want to add more power to my K&N intake, and I was wondering what else I could do to it. I don't know nothing about chargers and how it works, nor chips. I just want to be able to press the pedal and feel it go. I also have a supersprint exhaust. It's a 97 with 137,777 miles on it. I like ur rims what kind of rims is it. Is it blue.

I think that what we're trying to tell you is to use the famous freakin' bimmerfest search function...

There is more then enough existing info here to answer your questions.

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:03 AM

Ok speedy, I get the pic. lol !!!! Enjoy the rest of the holidays and drive safely. There will be a lot of nut cases out there drinking and driving so watch out.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
U know how the game goes

Mein Auto: BM-double Who's?
If you already have an intake & exhaust then the next biggest bang for the buck will be a software upgrade. Since your car is OBDII you won't need a chip, you will need ECU flashed. Look into a product referred to as a "Shark Injector." This brand of upgrade seems quite popular among the OBDII guys.

Supercharged E36 325is 5sp
::ERT S/C, Auto-Manual Conv, SPAL Fan, Zeitronix, SAFCII, Alpine, Autotek, Orion, Angel Eyes, Tinted, Smoked, Trackpiped, and so much more::

Drop Top E46 330cic Step
::PP, SPP, CWP, HK, BT, Lumbar, Xenon, Tints, Clears, Remus Exhaust, ///M-Tech Wheels::