Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
boxerman boxerman is offline
Registered User
Location: connecticut
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: BBI 512,05 M3,Gl450
I did not like the trim, thought the alcantra felt wierd and would look dirty and crappy within a year or so. The 19 wheels seem to be more of a fashion statement and the ride with 18's is already on the hard side.

The steering rack is a nice improvement, the stock brakes are more thasn adequate for the street, apparently neither stock nor zcp brakes are up to any type of serious track work. So it all boils down to a bunch of cosmetics and the steering rack.

Personaly if I could have ordered mine with the zcp rack, and maybee brakes i would have, the rest of the package was more of a turn off, especialy the alcantra.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Hercules's Avatar
Hercules Hercules is offline
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
Location: New Jersey, USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,648
Mein Auto: 2003 Audi A4 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerman
I did not like the trim, thought the alcantra felt wierd and would look dirty and crappy within a year or so. The 19 wheels seem to be more of a fashion statement and the ride with 18's is already on the hard side.

The steering rack is a nice improvement, the stock brakes are more thasn adequate for the street, apparently neither stock nor zcp brakes are up to any type of serious track work. So it all boils down to a bunch of cosmetics and the steering rack.

Personaly if I could have ordered mine with the zcp rack, and maybee brakes i would have, the rest of the package was more of a turn off, especialy the alcantra.
I'm beginning to agree more and more -- I think my primary allure to the car is the color as it's GORGEOUS, but I can't justify spending $4k for the color and rims. Besides the fact, I'm not a big fan of the alacantra either -- I saw it in person and I think you are correct in saying it will get dirty easily and it doesn't give the 'touch of elegance' I'm just used to from BMW.

I am thinking I may just buy a used M3 at the ~$40k mark instead of leasing a new one. I will be able to do whatever I want to it (brake upgrades and the like), and I needn't worry about mileage either.

Besides I think it's going to be cheaper for me to replace 18" tires than 19s! And I have a tendency to shred tires sooner (even though I rotate often) than most people. I suppose it's because I take turns hard and just beat the sh*t out of them.
__________________
Recently Played Tracks:
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
You don't need an M3 it's a complete waste of money. PM me for info about how you can buy my 04 330i 6MT for only 29K with a free set of new 17" wheels & snow tires.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Hercules's Avatar
Hercules Hercules is offline
Nick Burns, the Comp Guy
Location: New Jersey, USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,648
Mein Auto: 2003 Audi A4 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato
You don't need an M3 it's a complete waste of money. PM me for info about how you can buy my 04 330i 6MT for only 29K with a free set of new 17" wheels & snow tires.
__________________
Recently Played Tracks:
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2005, 10:40 PM
InterlagoAsanti InterlagoAsanti is offline
Registered User
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 2006 //M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato
You don't need an M3 it's a complete waste of money. PM me for info about how you can buy my 04 330i 6MT for only 29K with a free set of new 17" wheels & snow tires.

ummm, yeah and with those TPS reports - coever sheets man cover sheets

. . . u ever driven an e46 //m3 bub? personally after test driving a 330 after an e46 //m i was like "check please" SOLD

compared to the //m3, the 330 is simply guttless . . . granted its personal preference but after driving an //m i was hooked - no 330 could ever satisfy my tastes now - i deserve an //m as the m3 compliments my driving style and personality -

Take this for what its worth, probably nothing . . . but as i live in the oc - a 330 is "just another freakin bmw" given i admit this is NOT a reason to buy or not to buy one or the other at all - BUT it correctly summarizes my opinions towards the 330 or any bmw for that matter that isn't the //m class (save the 7 series) . . . aka YAWN

but a 330 might be heaven on earth for you which is AWESOME!!!

However - to say "it's a complete waste of money" without saying that statement is "just your opinion" makes it a completly false blanket B.S. statement in which case save your money and buy an //m the zcp might be a complete waste of money to you but to say that about the //m3 as a whole - yeah a ferrari is a complete waste of money too - but for those who can afford one - it is most certainly not

why on earth would you settle for less if you could afford an //m?? - i know the way u meant it bro and im STOKED for you and your being content with the 330, bmw love man - and im NOT saying the whole im rich and your not blah blah, i can afford the //m and because this allows me to put the 330 and the //m3 side by side without worrying about cost - can you really NOT see the fact that the 330 is a lesser car? . . .

but back on tract . . . IMHO the 06 M3 zcp im getting is worth every freakin cent
__________________
2006 Fully Loaded Interlagos Blue M3 ZCP
19" Staggard Asanti AF-120 wheels
Racemesh Stainless Lower Grille
Painted Foglight Moldings
Painted Front Reflectors
Painted Hood Washer Grille
Interior Xenon Lighting Kit
Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
Pro Racing Pedals
Kamei Eyelids

Pictures Pending upon Delivery!!

Last edited by InterlagoAsanti; 09-22-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagoAsanti
ummm, yeah and with those TPS reports - coever sheets man cover sheets

. . . u ever driven an e46 //m3 bub? personally after test driving a 330 after an e46 //m i was like "check please" SOLD

compared to the //m3, the 330 is simply guttless . . . granted its personal preference but after driving an //m i was hooked - no 330 could ever satisfy my tastes now - i deserve an //m as the m3 compliments my driving style and personality -

Take this for what its worth, probably nothing . . . but as i live in the oc - a 330 is "just another freakin bmw" given i admit this is NOT a reason to buy or not to buy one or the other at all - BUT it correctly summarizes my opinions towards the 330 or any bmw for that matter that isn't the //m class (save the 7 series) . . . aka YAWN

but a 330 might be heaven on earth for you which is AWESOME!!!

However - to say "it's a complete waste of money" without saying that statement is "just your opinion" makes it a completly false blanket B.S. statement in which case save your money and buy an //m the zcp might be a complete waste of money to you but to say that about the //m3 as a whole - yeah a ferrari is a complete waste of money too - but for those who can afford one - it is most certainly not

why on earth would you settle for less if you could afford an //m?? - i know the way u meant it bro and im STOKED for you and your being content with the 330, bmw love man - and im NOT saying the whole im rich and your not blah blah, i can afford the //m and because this allows me to put the 330 and the //m3 side by side without worrying about cost - can you really NOT see the fact that the 330 is a lesser car? . . .

but back on tract . . . IMHO the 06 M3 zcp im getting is worth every freakin cent
Stop, stop, - you're cracking me up!


http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112203
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112202
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-23-2005, 08:24 AM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,765
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagoAsanti
Take this for what its worth, probably nothing
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
mkh's Avatar
mkh mkh is offline
.
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 909
Mein Auto: E90 330i, X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato
Stop, stop, - you're cracking me up!
LOL, I couldn't stop laughing. A typical manifestation of arrogance before realizing who one is talking to.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 PM
InterlagoAsanti InterlagoAsanti is offline
Registered User
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 2006 //M3 ZCP
OMG :rofl - ok, you've definitely driven an //m, and yes freakin own one, guess im the "bub"now . . . slight miscalculation there, my bad for sure . . . but LIKE I KNEW - sucks being new to a board . . . that being said, i knew you were a mod btw which is why i decided to rant cause the opinions of someone in your shoes gets taken seriously - hence my taking it seriously as NO ONE is going to say my //m is a "complete waste of money" i dont care if youre my mother - had i any idea you were joking however . . . jeeeez

thanks for the links to clear that up . . . and i totally, being a noob to the forum, didn't know (and do you expect me to btw?) your personal purchasing history - so i went ranting . .. niiiiice

im glad i provided a nice laugh to you all as i too am laughing now - but how the heck was i to know you just purchased an m3!!! haha - GREAT purchase (as you know) btw!

well at least were all now on the same page - lol that was a painful transition



and MKH, not arrogace friend, re-read the post - im simply stating my observance of a very typical method owners DO use to dismiss cars out of thier price range as being "wastes" and such - its correct to compare autos on a "car vs car" basis - NOT on a "car without monetary-insecurity vs car with monetary-insecurity" basis - therefore, when a respected member simply states my beloved //m3 is "a complete waste of $$" i react - tho next time my reaction will be to do some freakin research on the mod for (blank) sakes

yes i own an m3 but the underlying motivations behind my post is one of inspiration . . wanted to convey the notion of dont settle for any bmw now, save for just a bit longer, and enjoy the m3 you really want . . . thats what ive done and ive finally arrived

in a cash driven world, the financial situation of a person is an example of a real factor to consider behind the motivations for the same individual giving a "dismissing" opinion such as what i thought i witnessed above - and im not going to let that be taken for fact about the //m3 which i love . . . especally from a MOD who has clout. . BUT i was totally mistaken in the meaning of the post so most importantly:

if i offended anyone, my apologies

i just love my freakin //M3 and wish everyone could share the same
__________________
2006 Fully Loaded Interlagos Blue M3 ZCP
19" Staggard Asanti AF-120 wheels
Racemesh Stainless Lower Grille
Painted Foglight Moldings
Painted Front Reflectors
Painted Hood Washer Grille
Interior Xenon Lighting Kit
Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
Pro Racing Pedals
Kamei Eyelids

Pictures Pending upon Delivery!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagoAsanti
OMG :rofl - ok, you've definitely driven an //m, and yes freakin own one, guess im the "bub"now . . . slight miscalculation there, my bad for sure . . . but LIKE I KNEW - sucks being new to a board . . . that being said, i knew you were a mod btw which is why i decided to rant cause the opinions of someone in your shoes gets taken seriously - hence my taking it seriously as NO ONE is going to say my //m is a "complete waste of money" i dont care if youre my mother - had i any idea you were joking however . . . jeeeez

thanks for the links to clear that up . . . and i totally, being a noob to the forum, didn't know (and do you expect me to btw?) your personal purchasing history - so i went ranting . .. niiiiice

im glad i provided a nice laugh to you all as i too am laughing now - but how the heck was i to know you just purchased an m3!!! haha - GREAT purchase (as you know) btw!

well at least were all now on the same page - lol that was a painful transition



and MKH, not arrogace friend, re-read the post - im simply stating my observance of a very typical method owners DO use to dismiss cars out of thier price range as being "wastes" and such - its correct to compare autos on a "car vs car" basis - NOT on a "car without monetary-insecurity vs car with monetary-insecurity" basis - therefore, when a respected member simply states my beloved //m3 is "a complete waste of $$" i react - tho next time my reaction will be to do some freakin research on the mod for (blank) sakes

yes i own an m3 but the underlying motivations behind my post is one of inspiration . . wanted to convey the notion of dont settle for any bmw now, save for just a bit longer, and enjoy the m3 you really want . . . thats what ive done and ive finally arrived

in a cash driven world, the financial situation of a person is an example of a real factor to consider behind the motivations for the same individual giving a "dismissing" opinion such as what i thought i witnessed above - and im not going to let that be taken for fact about the //m3 which i love . . . especally from a MOD who has clout. . BUT i was totally mistaken in the meaning of the post so most importantly:

if i offended anyone, my apologies

i just love my freakin //M3 and wish everyone could share the same
Don't worry about it, you had good intentions. BTW - I'm not a MOD, either. I should be one though, I'm on here all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-23-2005, 10:25 PM
InterlagoAsanti InterlagoAsanti is offline
Registered User
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13
Mein Auto: 2006 //M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderato
Don't worry about it, you had good intentions. BTW - I'm not a MOD, either. I should be one though, I'm on here all the time.
ok stike two . ..

so . . . that ZCP package worth it or what?
__________________
2006 Fully Loaded Interlagos Blue M3 ZCP
19" Staggard Asanti AF-120 wheels
Racemesh Stainless Lower Grille
Painted Foglight Moldings
Painted Front Reflectors
Painted Hood Washer Grille
Interior Xenon Lighting Kit
Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
Pro Racing Pedals
Kamei Eyelids

Pictures Pending upon Delivery!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,057
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagoAsanti
ok stike two . ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms