Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to ///MLover
Mein Auto: Nothing
Cool Can I preorder????

Hello All,

Eventhough i don't know what the m3's look like but i still want it. I have 70,000 cash saved up Would that be enough?? Because i know when you preorder there is no way you can bargain down the price. Is there a waiting list or can i preorder im ready.....

-Pwned
Ads by Google
Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: A 333 Horse Chariot
Talk to your dealer. Most of them will be happy to take your money (most likely a $1,000 deposit) and put you on a waiting list. Make sure you negotiate the markup up front. Many dealers will want to tack on their own markup over MSRP, but if you stick to your guns an honorable dealer should sell to you for MSRP (whatever that turns out to be).
Old 10-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: '01 M3 Coupe; '06 ML350
M3 preorders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned
Hello All,

Eventhough i don't know what the m3's look like but i still want it. I have 70,000 cash saved up Would that be enough?? Because i know when you preorder there is no way you can bargain down the price. Is there a waiting list or can i preorder im ready.....

-Pwned
Most dealers will take "pre-orders" for cars not out yet. This establishes your place on the waiting list for high initial demand vehicles. I placed one a couple weeks ago at my dealer, (Rasmussen, Portland) with a $500 refundable deposit. They only sell at MSRP--it is important to have that noted on you sales agreement. Some will take your money then tack on "market adjustments" when it's time to actually order. They should also show you the waiting list for that model for the dealership and your place on it.

2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/CF/Sakhir
2012 M-B ML350 - Arctic/Black/Satin Ash

Last edited by GregW in Oregon; 10-16-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:25 AM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Yes, no pre-orders, but geting on the waiting list. And I would get a piece of paper from the dealer, giving the markup over MSRP they will sell the car to you, and your place on the waiting list, signed by the sales manager or higher. There are dealers that will tell you one thing and do another.

Oh and your place on the list needs to based on teh dealer overall, NOT an individual sales person. Taylor BMW in Augusta, GA pulled this one on me. Told me I was #3, when in reality I was number 15 overall.

$70K may not be enough on the road, after taxes, and other fees (title, registration, etc). and options.

But you have a year or so to save more anyway.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 10-18-2005, 09:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///MLover
Mein Auto: Nothing
Talking

Alrite thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: '01 M3 Coupe; '06 ML350
mark-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
And I would get a piece of paper from the dealer, giving the markup over MSRP they will sell the car to you,...
Markup over MSRP? I don't think so. go elsewhere if that is what is being asked.

2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/CF/Sakhir
2012 M-B ML350 - Arctic/Black/Satin Ash
Old 10-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 325i
Some low dealers do that

It happened to me when i was deciding between my car and the G35

The car had one price on the sticker, the MSRP and the manager told us a completely marked up price. We were outraged, they called it an "image package"

But wouldnt tell us what that included

We walked out and went to BMW

The manager actually chased after us down the street lol

2009 BMW 328i Coupe, Space Gray, Black Leather, Gray Poplar Wood Trim, Sport Package, Premium Package, 6 Speed Steptronic, Xenons, Ipod USB, Sirius

2005 BMW 325i, Electric Red, Sand Leather, M Lip Spoiler, M-Tech Aero Kit, Aux Audio In, Myrtle Wood Trim, Premium Package, 5 Speed Steptronic, Xenon Lights, Harmon Kardon Sound System, PDC, OEM Alarm