Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto: 530xi
Aux Input On This Specific Option List

I know this must have been addressed, but I just wanted to specifically if I could install the AUX on my 530xi. I have the Nav system, without Premium Sound. Also, does the CD player play MP3's, if not has anyone installed a changer in their 5 that is compatible with BMW and plays MP3's. Thanks for the time, and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere.
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1
I know this must have been addressed, but I just wanted to specifically if I could install the AUX on my 530xi. I have the Nav system, without Premium Sound. Also, does the CD player play MP3's, if not has anyone installed a changer in their 5 that is compatible with BMW and plays MP3's. Thanks for the time, and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere.
Yes you can get the aux input. CD player doesn't play MP3s yet--supposedly in next few months new CIP will allow in dash CD player (not CD changer) to play MP3s.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: F10 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by stream
Yes you can get the aux input. CD player doesn't play MP3s yet--supposedly in next few months new CIP will allow in dash CD player (not CD changer) to play MP3s.
An informed source on another site has reported that there is a problem with the CCC in that it cannot handle MP3's and NAV concurrently as there is inadequate computing capacity. The new 06 models have upgraded CCC's and as such they are able to handle the calculations necessary for both (MP3 and NAV) to run in the same vehicle. There will be a hardware retrofit required to have Nav and MP3 capability. MP3 playback will not be possible unless you replace the CCC. I'm not sure if BMW will offer upgrades.

Here is the link to the thread.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=16385

AUX in works with any E60. IMO, the best way to go. Now we need the interface to be completed by Apple and BMW for cars with idrive.

22 Retired and thoroughly enjoyed Bimmers
Old 09-28-2005, 11:06 PM

Thanks guys for your responses....I was at the dealer today and they specifically told me that I can't have the auv input installed becuase of the NAV system....I am getting false information from them? I really would like to get this working for my ipod instead of any changer....thanks for the responses. If anyone has an 06 with Nav, No Premium Sound, and an Aux Iput can you let me know...thanks a ton.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:26 AM

Mein Auto: F10 MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1
Thanks guys for your responses....I was at the dealer today and they specifically told me that I can't have the auv input installed becuase of the NAV system....I am getting false information from them? I really would like to get this working for my ipod instead of any changer....thanks for the responses. If anyone has an 06 with Nav, No Premium Sound, and an Aux Iput can you let me know...thanks a ton.
The dealer is wrong. Nav has no impact on the Aux In.

Here are the installation instructions. Take them in and show the dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aux_adapter_EBA_.pdf (199.7 KB, 1586 views)

22 Retired and thoroughly enjoyed Bimmers
Old 09-29-2005, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1
I have a '05 545i w/ nav & premium sound and aux input works. It may be an issue with the '06 cars? I'd take the install instructions to the dealer and see what they say. Some dealers have confused the iPod connector (which is available on some BMW models, but not the E60 yet, that conflicts with CD changer and nav) with the aux input which has not conflict problems (at least on pre-06 cars).
Old 10-01-2005, 09:42 PM

I asked again, and I told the dealer that I was informed that someone has it on a model with similar options. They said there is an input that is occupied for the nav unit that takes up the aux input spot. They are trying to pass me off to a audio shop, which I am not going to do. Does anyone know of a dealer in the Southern California Area that knows that this install is possible. Anyway, thanks for the responses and the help. I will be taking the Install PDF over to them to look at. Thanks again.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1
I asked again, and I told the dealer that I was informed that someone has it on a model with similar options. They said there is an input that is occupied for the nav unit that takes up the aux input spot. They are trying to pass me off to a audio shop, which I am not going to do. Does anyone know of a dealer in the Southern California Area that knows that this install is possible. Anyway, thanks for the responses and the help. I will be taking the Install PDF over to them to look at. Thanks again.
I'll bet the dealer is confusing the iPod connector (which conflicts with nav) with the aux input--see my post above.