Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-26-2002, 06:42 AM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Still at port of exit

You guys are lucky. My car has been sitting at 193 (port of exit) since Monday. Two ships have left Bremerhaven this week, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday, and my car did not make it onto either one of them. I just called BMWNA and they told me that my car has not even been selected for shipment yet. What's going on over there?

There is one more boat leaving tomorrow on the 27th, I hope my baby makes it onto that one, or else I won't be getting my car until the end of October. The bright side to all of this is that my dealer is only an hour away from Newark, so once it lands on US soil, it should only take a few days for me to get it.

On Order:
330Cic Black/Gray, SP, NAV, Xenon, Heated Seats
Old 09-26-2002, 07:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally posted by rbright
My car is supposed to be unloaded from the Tanabata tomorrow and head directly to the Performance Center.

I got everything on it, but onions. Well, didn't get the CWP, but did get the Navi.

Even though mine will be ready to pick up, my deliver appt is not set until October 24 But, I will have a blast at the PC.

Anyone else on the Tanabata? Why was I the only one stuck on that ship?

Mine is Orient Blue and natural brown, too. 330Ci.
Hey, rbright! You weren't the only "bimmerfester" on that ship. Just think of ourselves as special. My PC delivery is set for October 17th.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
For all those on the Arabian Breeze boat - BMWNA reported today that this ship has already docked for unloading and our cars are now stateside. VPC is next and could take 1 to a couple of days for processing and then delivery to your dealer. Some of us should be picking up our cars as early as next week I hope!

Enjoy!
Old 09-26-2002, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorD

Hey, rbright! You weren't the only "bimmerfester" on that ship. Just think of ourselves as special. My PC delivery is set for October 17th.
GREAT doctorD,

Nice to know I am in good company. Maybe they put the "Docs" cars on one boat to talk shop on the way over.

I had my delivery date for October 17 at the PC, too but moved it to October 24, as I am defending on the 17.

Guess I won't be the first to see the Navi, but will definitely get to enjoy it soon enough.

Good Luck, Doc,
Old 09-26-2002, 07:39 AM

Re: Still at port of exit

Quote:
Originally posted by Fingaz
You guys are lucky. My car has been sitting at 193 (port of exit) since Monday. Two ships have left Bremerhaven this week, one on Wednesday and one on Thursday, and my car did not make it onto either one of them. I just called BMWNA and they told me that my car has not even been selected for shipment yet. What's going on over there?

There is one more boat leaving tomorrow on the 27th, I hope my baby makes it onto that one, or else I won't be getting my car until the end of October. The bright side to all of this is that my dealer is only an hour away from Newark, so once it lands on US soil, it should only take a few days for me to get it.

On Order:
330Cic Black/Gray, SP, NAV, Xenon, Heated Seats
It also took me a couple of days to get onto a boat too, after everything was moving so smootly and quickly in production. I'm sure things will work out for you as early as by today! The boat for my car just arrived State Side and that only took around 2 weeks. You'll have your car in no time at all, although the wait makes it seem like forever.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
Dumb question

Does anyone know where the South Carolina BMW VPC is?
Old 09-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Par good/birdies better

BMWNA latest:

Car is through VPC and released to trucking company, it is scheduled to be picked up on 09/27 for delivery to dealer. Since it was unloaded off the ship yesterday and already through the VPC, I'm hoping that's a sign it didn't need any repairs. BMWNA guy says it's about a day and a half from VPC to Houston, so maybe it will be here on Monday???

Anyway, it's getting closer....... does anyone have 35k I can borrow? (jk)
Old 09-26-2002, 12:41 PM

That damn rumor is circulating on this site that some dealer just notified his customer that the first batch of 2003 did not have the in-dash cd with the navi.

I think it is a sign that the dealer is either confused about the navi disk or that the dealer screwed up the order and put in the cassette code.

Surely, there is some way that someone can contact one of these VPCs on the eastern coast or even in charleston now, and just ask the simple question....are the cars being unloaded builted as ordered with DVD navi and in-dash CD.

There must be a way to find a phone number to one of the VPCs and make a simple call....hell, I'll make the call, just help me find a number.

We can nail these rumors now, and just sit back and wait for our babies to come home to us.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:33 PM
threadhijackerintraining

Mein Auto: SG03M3 in 5...4...3...
Re: Dumb question

Quote:
Originally posted by oldzguy
Does anyone know where the South Carolina BMW VPC is?
Strangely, no...

j/k.

Spartanburg.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:40 PM
Par good/birdies better

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:25 PM

Quote:
That damn rumor is circulating on this site that some dealer just notified his customer that the first batch of 2003 did not have the in-dash cd with the navi.

We can nail these rumors now, and just sit back and wait for our babies to come home to us.
I am optimistic and believe that my NAV will come in with the IN- DASH CD player. Can you imagine the outrage BMW would have to face if the first batch of 2003 didn't come with the in dash CD with NAV and the rest of MY2003 did? Heck, I hear we are already missing out on the 3rd headrest in the back (but that doesn't bother me that much). This would all be a call for an immediate recall and replacement.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:06 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Car is at the dealer

I'm scheduled to pick up my '03 330Ci this Saturday @ 10:00 am.

For those interested, salesman says car is identical to an '02 with no appearance changes, whatsoever.

Sorry I can't help with any DVD/NAV info...
Old 09-26-2002, 04:16 PM

I really think that the first to get there cars are all those who did not order the Navi.

Not a single person who has taken delivery in the U.S. (who is on this, or E46 fanatics, or roadfly boards) has the Navi.

I wonder if they shipped faster because they did not have the Navi, and if those with Navi were delayed a week or so. That would answer all, since the first batch (without) was actually finished on 08/30, and the second (with Navi) were finished on 09/06. There was a little shuffling of production dates at the very beginning by BMW, that could be why.

It reassures me that all is well.

Ruteger, you can answer the question about the aux port on the stereo head unit, whether it is standard with the stereo, or only on the Navi heads. Can't wait to see pics of your car.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:55 PM

Mein Auto: buggy
Yeah I'm patting myself on the back here. Here's the status code/ vin num/ shipping stuff info:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=12820

Figured it might be useful since there seems to be a lot of people here for the first time that just ordered. Sure there's plenty of lurkers too.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:09 AM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
'03 Production dates?

Quote:
I really think that the first to get there cars are all those who did not order the Navi.

Not a single person who has taken delivery in the U.S. (who is on this, or E46 fanatics, or roadfly boards) has the Navi.

I wonder if they shipped faster because they did not have the Navi, and if those with Navi were delayed a week or so. That would answer all, since the first batch (without) was actually finished on 08/30, and the second (with Navi) were finished on 09/06. There was a little shuffling of production dates at the very beginning by BMW, that could be why.

Ruteger, you can answer the question about the aux port on the stereo head unit, whether it is standard with the stereo, or only on the Navi heads. Can't wait to see pics of your car.
I thought the 08/30 cars were the last '02 models and the 09/06 were the first of the '03. Even if this is the case, it appears that the theory that the first '03 cars ordered with Navi were built in a batch following an initial run of those without may have merit, based upon posted info of the options of cars that have been completed and shipped.

I'm still rather surprised at how rapidly my car was built. I would have bet that the first cars assembled would have been those with the most popular options, i.e., Steptronic and Premium Package (two options my car does not have).

I ordered my car relatively 'stripped' (for a BMW). The last car I ordered in that manner was a '94 Pontiac Firebird Formula and it took nearly eight months before I got it.

It was a six-speed car and the only options were rear window defroster, body side moldings and performance tires. I ordered it the last day of December, 1993 and it wasn't actually built until the very last week of '94 production in July, 1994.

I wouldn't have been surprised if a 'stripped' order for an '03 330Ci would have been delayed a bit more than 'regular' 3-series, too (maybe just not as long as GM).

The aux port on the stereo is supposedly only on those equipped with Navi, but I'll check, regardless.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:07 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
It's on land baby!! C'mon boys fill her up and bring her to the dealer....

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-27-2002, 06:17 AM

So, did it take it an extra day, were you due in on the 25th?

Mine was due in the port yesterday, but it still says loaded on vessel today. The boat is supposed to leave for another port today, so maybe the computer hasn't updated yet.

I can't wait to see pics of everyone's new car from this thread, what a nice little club we have had.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
I was due to arrive the 26th, so so far all is on time. Now it's just a matter of how quickly they can process my baby and let me take her home.... Yeah, I can't wait to see everyone's pics. We are gonna have some sweet looking rides. Oh yeah and some BIG smiles

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-27-2002, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I was due to arrive the 26th, so so far all is on time. Now it's just a matter of how quickly they can process my baby and let me take her home.... Yeah, I can't wait to see everyone's pics. We are gonna have some sweet looking rides. Oh yeah and some BIG smiles
Hey Geo,

Go ahead and call BMWNA today (I am sure you probably have already). They will most likely tell you the same thing they told me, that your vehicle is at the Prep Center now and they are trying to ship it to the dealer today too (depending how many cars they have to process today). So at least you know you will get your car sometime next week!

The wait is almooooooooooooooost over!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:41 AM

Has anyone thought of calling their prep centers to inquire about the navi and in-dash CD question? I certainly want to know in advance so I know if I will take delivery or not.

I guess I can call the Performance Center when mine gets there in the next day or two.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:08 AM

My boat tracker still says loaded on vessel. I wonder if my boat got delayed.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Par good/birdies better

My dealer wants $300 for the tranceiver installed. I have searched for the DIY on this but can't seem to locate it. Can someone provide the link to a good DIY, and does this install require any dealer programming to become functional like the alarm? Thanks for the help....
Old 09-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Code 66

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally posted by oldzguy
My dealer wants $300 for the tranceiver installed. I have searched for the DIY on this but can't seem to locate it. Can someone provide the link to a good DIY, and does this install require any dealer programming to become functional like the alarm? Thanks for the help....
the universal transmitter?? (garage door opener) You can get it for $134 and its a VERY simple DIY
Old 09-27-2002, 08:32 PM

My car was officially "discharged" from the Tababata in Charleston Today at 2pm.

Looks like the expected delivery date of 09/30/02 on my owner's circle is almost exactly right, give or take a day or two.

Too Bad, I can't take delivery until Oct 24.

At least I am off that stuffy boat.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:14 AM
...worked on the railroad

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
And here's another "the owner's circle website is not accurate stories" (hmm...this must be number ??? )

bmwusa.com says that my car is 'scheduled for production 10/4/02'. At first I said, okay, cool - that means it'll be done mid-October.

Out of curiosity, I called the BMWNA 800 number on Friday (9/27), to be told by a very pleasant gentleman, "Oh, your car is waiting for transport - it's just waiting for the carrier to come and take it to the train that will take it to the ship. "It's done?!"" I said. The guy said, "It's for Crevier, right?" I said, yes. He then verified my last name - and, yes, my Baby Bimmer has been constructed (

I'd ordered the car 9/6 - I was amazed. So, his (I'm a girl, my Baby Bimmer is a 'he') name is 'Karl' should be here sometime in early November (Lord willing). He might get caught up in a labor dispute at the Ports of Lost Angeles, though!