Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-30-2002, 07:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
It seems a little odd that only one of us from this thread has received our car so far.

This thread has an incredible "views" rate, one of the highest in quite some time....quite a lot of lurkers, eh?

I thought there would be a few more cars posted by now to please the audience, but it seems they are still at dock or held up at sea.

Anyone else take delivery over the weekend, or scheduled for today or tomorrow?
Old 09-30-2002, 07:35 AM
...worked on the railroad

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
West coast ports still closed.

This is gonna suck if our cars end up sitting off shore in a ship and can't be unloaded.
I wonder if this labor dispute is extended, if these boats will be re-routed to the East Coast (however, the East Coast folks may refuse to unload in solidarity), and the cars either trucked or shipped by rail across to the Left Coast?

Or...Washington D.C might intervene?

I'm so sorry for you having to wait; if I can be so bold to use this analogy - you want to see your baby! You've been waiting a looong time!

Old 09-30-2002, 07:48 AM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Still at sea

My 330cic made it onto the Don Juan last week, and is scheduled to arrive at Newark on October 8, so I am hoping to get it by the 12th, but that may be wishful thinking.

I was reading about the new satellite radio option for BMWs, and I just LOVE how they aren't going to incorporate it into the new 2003's with NAV until March. In addition, they have stated that any NAV units prior to March 2003 cannot be upgraded to sattelite.

Sometimes I think BMW does stuff like this just to make sure that every BMW owner has at least one thing to complain about. Oh well, at least we got the DVD and in-dash CD.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:39 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
Quote:
Originally posted by rbright
It seems a little odd that only one of us from this thread has received our car so far.

This thread has an incredible "views" rate, one of the highest in quite some time....quite a lot of lurkers, eh?

I thought there would be a few more cars posted by now to please the audience, but it seems they are still at dock or held up at sea.

My car was picked up Friday by the trucking company and is due in Houston today....
Old 09-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Re: Still at sea

Quote:
Originally posted by Fingaz
My 330cic made it onto the Don Juan last week, and is scheduled to arrive at Newark on October 8, so I am hoping to get it by the 12th, but that may be wishful thinking.

I was reading about the new satellite radio option for BMWs, and I just LOVE how they aren't going to incorporate it into the new 2003's with NAV until March. In addition, they have stated that any NAV units prior to March 2003 cannot be upgraded to sattelite.

Sometimes I think BMW does stuff like this just to make sure that every BMW owner has at least one thing to complain about. Oh well, at least we got the DVD and in-dash CD.
I just found this article on the Sirius Radio website
. "BMW and MINI buyers will soon be able to experience Sirius firsthand. Sirius is expected to be widely available, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2002, as a dealer-installed option through BMW centers and MINI dealerships in the U.S." They also said it will be available as an option in 2004. But for now we can get it as a dealer purchased accesssory.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-30-2002, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
West coast ports still closed.

This is gonna suck if our cars end up sitting off shore in a ship and can't be unloaded.
Alan, yes, sucks big time. Since the Terrier is still on the East Coast (Brunswick, GA tomorrow), I called BMW NA to see if they might be offloading West Coast bound BMWs. They told me that the VPCs on the East Coast couldn't handle the volume and the boat will more than likey go on and wait on the West coast, if need be. UHG!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:

Hello Rbright!

My baby arrived at the dealership today, but had to have the factory alarm installed, so I will pick it up tomorrow. You are right, the DVD CD is not ready yet and my dealer said it may take a couple of weeks to come in or sooner.

I'll post pics as soon as possible just like the rest of you. I think some of us here, probably took delivery today already!

Enjoy!
Old 09-30-2002, 02:11 PM

Re: Still at sea

Quote:
Originally posted by Fingaz

I hear you on that one, heck I don't even get the 3rd headrest in the backseat (the first batch couldn't make it in time) which doesn't bother me that much, but still feels like something is missing for 2003.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
I went 152 today, but I am worried about this port business on the west coast. If the boats get slowed down out here, will that cause a backlog at Bremerhaven for west coast US bound vehicles?
Old 09-30-2002, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: MY03 330i
Talking Got it!

Got my car today. 03 330i SG Natural Leather PP SP Xenons Step. Car is unbelievable! I have never driven something like this! Love the steptronic. I will post pictures as soon as I have a free moment during daylight hours to snap a few.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:56 PM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Re: Re: Still at sea

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i

I just found this article on the Sirius Radio website
. "BMW and MINI buyers will soon be able to experience Sirius firsthand. Sirius is expected to be widely available, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2002, as a dealer-installed option through BMW centers and MINI dealerships in the U.S." They also said it will be available as an option in 2004. But for now we can get it as a dealer purchased accesssory.
That was what I thought until I read the following link regarding Sirius satellite radio for the 2003's. It basically says that any E46 with NAV prior to March 2003 will NOT be compatible.

http://cuttermotors.com/jon_shafer/sirius.pdf
Old 09-30-2002, 07:23 PM

Mein Auto: 03' 325i
03'325i Pic

order on 8/24, got it on 9/28
03'325i Titanium Silver/black leather, PP, SP, Xeron, 5sp.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3.jpg.orig.jpg
Old 09-30-2002, 07:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Exclamation Update...

Got back from the F1 race and had a message from my salesman. Gave him a call this morning and confirmed that my Performance Center delivery will be on 10/28. Looks like I have another month before I get to drive her home.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to maransm Send a message via Yahoo to maransm
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
Re: 03'325i Pic

Can't see the pics..... Do you know why?

Error:
"You are trying to access an image from outside of imagestation.com"

Quote:
Originally posted by hiddendragon
order on 8/24, got it on 9/28
03'325i Titanium Silver/black leather, PP, SP, Xeron, 5sp.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3.jpg.orig.jpg
Old 09-30-2002, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 03' 325i
repost 03'325i pic

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291301765
Old 10-01-2002, 05:48 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
I'm scheduled for pickup today at 5pm. It may take me a few days with the pictures because I asked the dealer not to wash the car, and it will take me a few evenings to get it cleaned up and detailed.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldzguy
I'm scheduled for pickup today at 5pm. It may take me a few days with the pictures because I asked the dealer not to wash the car, and it will take me a few evenings to get it cleaned up and detailed.
Hey OLDZ, Congratulations......

Go ahead, take some first dirty pics to show us exactly what it looks like before the dealer gets it clean. Or at least show us some inside pics of your dash set-up.

I don't think we've seen a 330Ci posted yet for MY03, and I am dying to see one. Show us your dirty pics and how it will "never" look that way again...right!!!

You just can't figure out a way to email them to us from the drivers seat out there on the highway, right? I don't blame you.

Have Fun.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:11 AM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Sorry, no digital camera

Quote:
I don't think we've seen a 330Ci posted yet for MY03, and I am dying to see one. Show us your dirty pics and how it will "never" look that way again...right!!!
It doesn't look like I'll be able to post any pics of my car, atleast not until I get a digital camera. The camera I had used in the past belonged to my cousin and he's, well, dead.

My 2003 looks identical to any run-of-the-mill 2002 Topaz Blue/Black SP 5-spd 330Ci. No visible changes, whatsoever. I checked. Honest.

FWIW, I did the airbag-warning-visor-sticker removal. It's not exactly the piece of cake as described in the DIY over at www.bmw330ci.com . As usual, there is some stuff left out, although all of the needed information is available elsewhere, if you search for it. Knowing all of the info beforehand saves a lot of angst, believe me. Nonetheless, in the end, the results are worth the effort, IMHO. You can't believe how much better the interior looks without those stupid yellow stickers blaring out at you. If anyone wants the particulars, I'll do a new posting on the subject.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:25 AM

Re: Sorry, no digital camera

Quote:
Originally posted by ruteger

FWIW, I did the airbag-warning-visor-sticker removal. It's not exactly the piece of cake as described in the DIY over at www.bmw330ci.com . As usual, there is some stuff left out, although all of the needed information is available elsewhere, if you search for it. Knowing all of the info beforehand saves a lot of angst, believe me. Nonetheless, in the end, the results are worth the effort, IMHO. You can't believe how much better the interior looks without those stupid yellow stickers blaring out at you. If anyone wants the particulars, I'll do a new posting on the subject.
Of course, Ruteger, now that you teased us. Please post your experience and the extra tidbits that we need to know to do this right the first time. I appreciate your comments.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:39 AM

Re: Re: Sorry, no digital camera

Quote:

Of course, Ruteger, now that you teased us. Please post your experience and the extra tidbits that we need to know to do this right the first time. I appreciate your comments.
Rbright,

I'll try to come through for you today with photos. I'll pick up my vehicle at around 5PM today too. I don't have the coupe, but a Silver Sedan.

Later.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said I will ge tthe car Sat morning. The car is on a truck today, so why does it take so long to prep for delivery?? I was hoping to have it by Fri night. I guess I'll deal with Saturday and drive all day!!

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-01-2002, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
Yeah, I know what you mean... my delivery date on the BMW tracking website was moved up a day to 10/1, but there is no sign of the car arriving at the dealer as of 3:30pm EDT today.

It was finished thru VPC and on the "truck" on 9/27, I didn't think an 8 hour drive across New York state would take 6+ days!

Vic
Old 10-01-2002, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said I will ge tthe car Sat morning. The car is on a truck today, so why does it take so long to prep for delivery?? I was hoping to have it by Fri night. I guess I'll deal with Saturday and drive all day!!
I wondered the same thing when my car was delivered to the dealership on a Thursday and I couldn't pick it up until Saturday morning.

My salesman said it was because it takes "all day" to deliver one. I guess he meant the lengthy explanation of all of the features and didn't have time for to do it during a busy weekday like Friday. Since it rained on Friday, I didn't mind that much.

I wouldn't think there'd be much more prepping to do. What do they do at the Vehicle Preparation Center, anyway?

OTOH, I guess it's better than just having a couple of lot monkeys rip off the window sticker, give it a quick wash with some dirty rags and fill up the tank. That is, provided they actually do something other than that.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
Well, I have to take back what I said a couple messages ago...
Seems as though 1 hour later from that post, the car shows up at the dealer.
Too late to get registration/insurance stuff done, so tomorrow delivery...

one more day....

Vic
Old 10-01-2002, 01:58 PM
Mein Auto: people crazy
Stuff. Things. Material. Data.