Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 10-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Re: Re: Re: Sorry, no digital camera

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

Rbright,

I'll try to come through for you today with photos. I'll pick up my vehicle at around 5PM today too. I don't have the coupe, but a Silver Sedan.

Later.
Rbright,

Sorry I didn't get the photos in time, I was having so much fun driving the new baby that it was dark by the time I got home and I forgot all about it. Photos will follow soon!

Besides Xray gave us the first pics of the NAV, which is just as seen. Beautiful!

No third headrest for this first batch and the DVD software is still not ready yet, so can't use the NAV.

This is an amazing car, believe it.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:09 PM
-

Mein Auto: 03 330Ci 5M SP
Which cars are supposed to get the 3rd headrest?

03 330Ci 5M SP Topaz-Blue/Gray
Old 10-01-2002, 06:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to maransm Send a message via Yahoo to maransm
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
show me the pics !!!

come on guys ! Show us the pics.. I am dying to see the pics.

Btw, which batch is gonna make it for aux input and middle head rest?
Old 10-02-2002, 06:55 AM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
Hello Guys,
Since you all are going throught he whole tracking thing I figured this is a good thread to ask this . . .

I want to start tracking my car and I'm going to call my dealer. I am pretty sure it's too early for a vin number . . . is the production number the only thing I need in order to do this ?

thanks for your help . . .

I didn't really track my 2001 so I need some advice
Old 10-02-2002, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan F
Hello Guys,
Since you all are going throught he whole tracking thing I figured this is a good thread to ask this . . .

I want to start tracking my car and I'm going to call my dealer. I am pretty sure it's too early for a vin number . . . is the production number the only thing I need in order to do this ?

thanks for your help . . .

I didn't really track my 2001 so I need some advice
Alan, I would skip the entire calling the dealership. They will not know the latest and will almost always tell you the wrong thing, unless they really take the time to make the call that you can make yourself.

All you need is the production number. If you want, BMWNA will tell you the VIN, or you can put your production number in the owners circle and it will show you your VIN as well.

All the way through the process, when you call BMWNA 100 times, all you need is your production number or the last 7 digits of your VIN. I just stuck with the production # all the way.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:00 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
It's everything I expected!
Old 10-02-2002, 07:01 AM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Quote:
Owner's Circle will take either the production number or the VIN.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:09 AM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by rbright

Alan, I would skip the entire calling the dealership. They will not know the latest and will almost always tell you the wrong thing, unless they really take the time to make the call that you can make yourself.

All you need is the production number. If you want, BMWNA will tell you the VIN, or you can put your production number in the owners circle and it will show you your VIN as well.

All the way through the process, when you call BMWNA 100 times, all you need is your production number or the last 7 digits of your VIN. I just stuck with the production # all the way.
Thanks for the info . . .I appreciate it !!

Also thanks operknockity
Old 10-02-2002, 07:41 AM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Skip the dealer on tracking

rbright is correct. Talking to the dealership after you get your production number is a waste of time.

If not for arguing about getting the 'special order' Gran Turismo cloth/leather seats in my car, I wouldn't have spoken to my salesman once after he called with my production number two days after I ordered.

The most current tracking information is known soonest by BMWNA CS.

The cargo shipping company website lags behind that by 2-4 days.

Owner's Circle lags by a week or more.

As stated, the dealer is going to do nothing more than call BMWNA for you and get the exact same information you could have gotten on your own.

When my car arrived at the dealership, my salesman just sent me an email notifying me to call and make a delivery appointment.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
I agree about talking to the dealership. haven't done it once. Used the 800 # and have kept track of my status. This guy Dan ran it down for me today. Maybe he doesn't want me calling back anytime soon!

155 as of 10/1
160 as of 10/4, supposedly
193 as of 10/7, supposedly
195 as of 10/8, supposedly.

Guess I am set. Soon, I will be really hurting knowing that my new ride is sitting on a boat somewhere in the middle of nowhere feeling like a castaway! Wilson, wilson...
Old 10-02-2002, 05:42 PM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Radio question

For those of you that have already receieved your 2003 cars (lucky bast**ds), I was wondering if the stereo has a Satellite button in addition to the CD/AM/FM button. According to BMW, this is how the Sept. 2003 stereos are designed in order to facilitate the dealer installed Sirius Satellite radio option.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Here since day one

From what I am reading here, guys with 9/6 production date are NOW driving their cars ? ?

I'm from New York and found out my car is at status 150 and was started yesterday (10/1), my dealer had originally given me a delivery date of 11/27 . . .

I have been racking my brain trying to remember the production date of my 2001 330 and if I recall I had that car within 3 1/2 weeks from the build date.

If this is right then I should be in my 2003 by the end of october, maybe 1st week of November . . . does the sound right ?

You'd think I know this since I've been through this once before
Old 10-02-2002, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
I picked up my (originally complete date of 9/13) vehicle today, which got finished a few days earlier than expected.
Ordered on Aug 30th, showed up 10/1.

Getting used to this high engagement clutch is tough. Didn't stall out yet, but close a couple of times.... way different than my summer car ('96 Miata) clutch!

I'm comming off an '01 Audi A4 Tiptronic 1.8T (gave to wife). I really like the power on the 330xi so far as compared to the turbo (the )lag/peakiness of a turbo. Creature comforts the vehicles are very comparable. I liked the computer display better on the A4 -showed outside temp, time, radio channel, MPG all at the same time.

It's nice. Pics will come when it stops raining this week - probably a couple of days...

03 330xi, black black, many options, but no sunroof.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
From what I am reading here, guys with 9/6 production date are NOW driving their cars ? ?
I wish!! My car is on a boat that is due in Port Hueneme October 13, but all the west coast ports are shut down due to a labor dispute . Ackkk.....
Old 10-02-2002, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by pmb1010
Getting used to this high engagement clutch is tough. Didn't stall out yet, but close a couple of times.... way different than my summer car ('96 Miata) clutch!?
Same here. I had a '99 Miata.

Actually, the BMW's clutch engagement is closer to that of my '01 Cobra. It engaged high off the floor, too, but still no where near as high as the 330. Sheesh, it's like it engages a fraction of an inch from where the clutch pedal rests at its highest position from the floor.

Quote:
Yep, 3 weeks from scheduled production date. Car was at dealer on 09/26, and I've been driving it since 09/28.

Quote:
I have been racking my brain trying to remember the production date of my 2001 330 and if I recall I had that car within 3 1/2 weeks from the build date.

If this is right then I should be in my 2003 by the end of october, maybe 1st week of November . . . does the sound right ?
Depends on when it's really completed. Although my car had a production date of 09/06, it was actually done on 09/04. It then made the boat that left on 09/07.

150 status doesn't necessarily mean it's been started, either. It could mean they're getting ready to build it, atleast according to BMWNA. It could be at 150 for a few days. I think that's how it was with my car. But, IIRC, there was also another guy who's status went almost immediately from 150 to the next status (paint shop?) the following day.

You're probably a little optimistic on taking delivery in October. If it was completed right now, you might have a shot, but there are a lot of variables that would still have to fall right in line.

My experience was that a 3 week delivery time frame from the time it's actually been completed is quite plausible, particularly if delivery is scheduled to be taken in New York.

But, then, I was real lucky, too. My boat went directly from Bremerhaven to Newark with no stops in between.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary

I wish!! My car is on a boat that is due in Port Hueneme October 13, but all the west coast ports are shut down due to a labor dispute . Ackkk.....
Yeesh . . .you must be going crazy . . . try not to get too crazy over the wait, your almost there . . .

EDIT: I just checked your Profile, you've got a 328 now, are you really in a rush !?

Last edited by AF; 10-02-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by ruteger
150 status doesn't necessarily mean it's been started, either. It could mean they're getting ready to build it, atleast according to BMWNA. It could be at 150 for a few days. I think that's how it was with my car. But, IIRC, there was also another guy who's status went almost immediately from 150 to the next status (paint shop?) the following day.

You're probably a little optimistic on taking delivery in October. If it was completed right now, you might have a shot, but there are a lot of variables that would still have to fall right in line.
I'm really hoping it doesn't get here until late November . . . I know that sounds crazy but I wanted to get 2 more months out of my current car . . . just look how good she looks at 2 yrs and 2 months old . . .

Old 10-02-2002, 09:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to maransm Send a message via Yahoo to maransm
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
Aux input !!!

Guys who got MY03, Could you pleaseeee let me know if you see aux. input in your car. I don't care for the middle row head rest, but I am sure I want aux. input !!!

Please confirm and anyone can get a pics, that would be cool.. Dying to see the pics !

Mine suppose to be in Port Hueneme on 10/21, but this west coast ports are closed.. I don't know when I am gonna get mine..

(need to sell my explorer before that.. )
Old 10-02-2002, 09:42 PM

Re: Aux input !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by maransm
Guys who got MY03, Could you pleaseeee let me know if you see aux. input in your car. I don't care for the middle row head rest, but I am sure I want aux. input !!!

Please confirm and anyone can get a pics, that would be cool.. Dying to see the pics !

It has already been confirmed by many....

For some reason, there is NOT an aux input port on the head units, with or without navi.

I am not sure why BMW said that they added them for MY03, when they clearly did not. There has been no discussion that they are delayed or even not coming, they just are not there.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:47 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Re: Re: Aux input !!!

This is how the description of the HK stereo reads on the bmwusa.com website:

Harman Kardon AM/FM stereo/CD audio system with 12 upgraded speakers (including 2 subwoofers), upgraded amplification, and vehicle-speed-sensitive equalization; pre-wired for CD changer and auxiliary input

Does pre-wired means a retrofit kit will be available and we have to pay extra for it later?

Quote:
Originally posted by rbright

It has already been confirmed by many....

For some reason, there is NOT an aux input port on the head units, with or without navi.

I am not sure why BMW said that they added them for MY03, when they clearly did not. There has been no discussion that they are delayed or even not coming, they just are not there.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
EDIT: I just checked your Profile, you've got a 328 now, are you really in a rush !?
Heck yeah!!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:25 AM
Here since day one

If it's anything like the other pre-wired items in the car then it basically means that the car is wired already and if the parts are purchased, it can be used.

Let me give you an example, our cars are pre-wired for the CD Changer, which basically means you need to purchase a CD Changer and the brackets to hold it. You can then go into the trunk and there is a wired plug (I forgot where in the trunk it is), all you need to do is plug the CD changer into it and there is a preset place for the bracket to connect.

It's a simple installation but the main point is this, there is no need to drill holes for the bracket and there is no wiring work to do because the car is "pre-wired" . . .

Does this explain it clearly. . . I hope so because I am no writer but I have tried . . .
Old 10-03-2002, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT
Aux Input Port

Could it be that the radio's Aux Input Port is on the BACK of the Head Unit, where all of the other connections are, and not on the front?

Has anyone that said that there's no Aux Input Port checked the back of the Head Unit?

Mark
Old 10-03-2002, 08:15 AM

Re: Aux Input Port

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushnell
Could it be that the radio's Aux Input Port is on the BACK of the Head Unit, where all of the other connections are, and not on the front?

Has anyone that said that there's no Aux Input Port checked the back of the Head Unit?

Mark
How would one access this daily to plug and unplug a portable MP3 player? It would not be feasible to drive with the Navi head unit in the down position.

Hmm, the owner's manual clearly stated that the head unit can be "retrofitted" to add the aux port.

I guess it is worth a look, though....Good answer.

Anyone care to look and let us know?
Old 10-03-2002, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
2003 Titanium Silver / Gray Interior - Loaded with NAV Photo

I finally have had a chance to take some photos of my new baby (addition to the family). I have been so busy driving it and smiling the whole time that I didn't want to do anything else!

It's kind of dark outside now - I'll post the link to the pics at the Bimmer Showroom, when the rest are ready. Here is 1 sampling.

It was well worth the wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 bmw 330i 010.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	3650