Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 10-03-2002, 07:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT
Re: Re: Aux Input Port

Has anyone said that the Aux Input was for a portable MP3 Player (or anything else "portable")

It might be for something like Satellite Radio (either the Sirrus that BMW is going to, or maybe an aftermarket XM receiver).

I'm pretty sure that the Pioneer in my current '93 Explorer (I'm picking up my 2003 325xiT in Munich next Wednesday) has an Aux Input in the back of the unit.

Mark
Old 10-03-2002, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Re: Re: Re: Aux Input Port

Quote:
Originally posted by mbushnell
Has anyone said that the Aux Input was for a portable MP3 Player (or anything else "portable")

It might be for something like Satellite Radio (either the Sirrus that BMW is going to, or maybe an aftermarket XM receiver).

I'm pretty sure that the Pioneer in my current '93 Explorer (I'm picking up my 2003 325xiT in Munich next Wednesday) has an Aux Input in the back of the unit.

Mark
You do have a point there. It would be nice if someone who has their new MY03 would spend about 10 minutes to check it all out for us. It could end up being one of those Easter Egg things someone figures out 2 years from now.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:14 PM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 550ix, GL450, 991S, R8
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj
2003 Titanium Silver / Gray Interior - Loaded with NAV Photo

I finally have had a chance to take some photos of my new baby (addition to the family). I have been so busy driving it and smiling the whole time that I didn't want to do anything else!

It's kind of dark outside now - I'll post the link to the pics at the Bimmer Showroom, when the rest are ready. Here is 1 sampling.

It was well worth the wait!

Looking good Congrats !!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Quote:
You do have a point there. It would be nice if someone who has their new MY03 would spend about 10 minutes to check it all out for us. It could end up being one of those Easter Egg things someone figures out 2 years from now.

I'd be happy to look if you have some idea where it might be. Do you expect it to be on the back of the display or would I need to look under the dash?
Old 10-03-2002, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan F

Looking good Congrats !!!!
Thanks Alan!

I'm sure yours is coming in soon or almost ready too! Always nice to see a fellow East Coasters share in the joy!

Post pics of yours soon too!
Old 10-04-2002, 08:49 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Angry

I'm pissed off!! Listen to this story I'm geting from my dealer: I was suppossed to take delivery on Wed. The car never showed up. It was on the truck and was supposibly "on the way over" and delivery is set for sat morning. Yest my dealer had to go to a Z4 test seminar and I got no call from him. Today he finally calls me and says that the car arrived at 8:30 am today!!! So the soonest I can get the car is MONDAY!! WTF man. I asked him how long it takes to prep a car and he said they are overwelmed with deliveries and since the West coast is having the strike problems with transport, they are being sympathetic to them and delaying East coast deliveries. I told him I didn't buy it and he said that all his deliveries got pushed out and he is off on monday but he will come in for my delivery , so now he thinks he is doing me a favor.... He starts talking about his wife won't be happy about the idea, I totally disregarded that statement, because I DONT CARE ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE!! He had no reason to mention that. So I ignored it. Maybe I'm out of line here, but I am sour at the fact that I won't get my car until monday. I have had MAJOR probs with BMWNA and a NY dealership before and know the deal, but honestly I am sick of complaining and am just going to deal with it. And I was going to dedicate Sunday to install all of my mods!! What do you guys think of this story?? Is the whole east coast sympathy strike thing bull$hit or what....

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-04-2002, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Geo,

Sorry man, sounds like you are getting a shaft, but it doesn't look like there is much that can be done about it. You do have the power of giving them low grades on the CS report, especially if you feel your dealer/salesman are shafting you.

I don't really buy into the East Coast Sympathy situation. BMW has to move these cars, there are more right behind them, and delaying inventory is obviously not good business sense, especially SOLD inventory. It costs them every day that car is not in your hands, either through trucker time, storage time, space issues, etc.

You sound very upset, but I would just cool down a bit. Just think, now you have Sunday to relax and enjoy the changing colors of the leaves. I would tell him to not bother coming in on Monday, you will get get half-assed, rushed, ****ty delivery service from him, and something is bound to be overlooked.

Just pick it up on Tuesday, a day when he would normally be fishing for new sales, now he has to waste on delivery. Schedule the delivery for his busiet time (early eve) and just take you own sweet time with every step of the process. Ask lots of questions, comb it over very thoroughly, and stall stall stall.

Now on the brighter side of life, just think...You have an extra 4 days or so onto the in-service date, so that is 4 more days on your warranty and service agreement.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT
Quote:
Originally posted by xrayhj

I'd be happy to look if you have some idea where it might be. Do you expect it to be on the back of the display or would I need to look under the dash?
Look under the dash, if you are able to see the back of the head unit. Otherwise, the Head unit will have to come out of the dash in order to look at the back of it.

Mark
Old 10-04-2002, 10:14 AM

GEOTOPAZ,

I can feel your pain from all the way over here in NJ. You're promised a date, you look forward to that date, they delay it and you have to wait again. You spent all this time like the rest of us tracking and calling BMWNA everyday and the car is finally stateside and it's delayed of all places at your local dealer!

On the other hand, after you cool down a little, you may want to think about maintaining a good relationship with the salesperson for future purchases and favors. However if he is really no good, you can always change and find a new one, but I have found it beneficial to actually maintain a good relationship with my dealership so they treat me well in the long run and can give me good pricing for my next purchase.

But if you have plenty of BMW Dealers around you, then there is no need kiss this guy's butt.

By the way, I wonder if they would treat a 7 or 5 series customer this way? Are 3 series owners getting the priority service and piece of mind we deserve?

Post pics of your ride next week and it's well worth the wait still!

Last edited by bmwguynj; 10-04-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:07 PM
Here since day one

I don't think it matters what type of BMW you are buying, they pretty much treat you the same way . . .

As far as Geotopaz is concerned . . . I can understand you feeling upset but these things happen.

You know as well as anyone else that once you get your car, this will all be forgotten and part of the past.

I wouldn't stress on it and the fact that your salesman is coming in on his day off is pretty cool if you ask me. These salesman are people too, just like us and I know if I have to go in on a day off for a client, it better be for something VERY special . . . I know your disappointed but don't keep in mind that you'll have that 330 very soon . . .
Old 10-04-2002, 08:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Post Hang in there Geo...

...you are in the home stretch now. I can understand how frustrating it must be, especially b/c your original date was hitting a perfect day to pick up a car. Getting it Saturday and having Sunday to customize it would have been perfect. I was very dissapointed that the PC did not have an earlier date available, but I understand that it will be worth the wait.

IMHO, I would not press the sales guy to come in if it is his day off. But I have not spoken to him, so maybe he is just trying blow sunshine up your...

Since the car is on the premises, ask him if you can just stop by to take a look at her. Get some photos of her all wrapped up. Perhapts that would tide you over until next week?

My salesman let me take a peak at an M5 and Z8 that were in for service when I had my car in for maintenance once. They were "look but don't touch" session, however he fired up the M5 for me. YUM!

BTW, an update on mine... It was delivered to the NY/NJ VPC on 10/3 and is on its way to the PC in SC. Now the 3 week wait for delivery begins...
Old 10-05-2002, 06:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Well.. couple updates here folks. Looks like the Terrier is another day ahead of schedule... Wallenius web site now shows Port Hueneme arrival on October 12.

Also, looks like things are improving with the strike negotiations. Hope they can work this out by next week.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
Well.. couple updates here folks. Looks like the Terrier is another day ahead of schedule... Wallenius web site now shows Port Hueneme arrival on October 12.

Also, looks like things are improving with the strike negotiations. Hope they can work this out by next week.
Alan, I heard Thursday on the news that there are 100+ ships to be unloaded in Southern Cal now. The story went on to say it would take 1 to 2 days per day of strike to catch up with the backlog. They have been out a week now, so 10/12 arrival would put the Terrier in the "catch up" period. I have resigned myself to November delivery here in CO now...
Old 10-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Hey thanks alot guys for helping me keep my cool.... When I cooled down, I thought about it and decided to not have my dealer come in on his day off and made my delivery for Tuesday in the afternoon. He was extremely happy at my decision and said he is looking forward to Tuesday and said if I change my mind, he would still come in on Monday. That was good to hear. He did do me some favors when I brought my car in for trade and saved me some bucks, so it balances out. I guess he is trying his hardest to help me out. I'd also rather not look at the car until delivery because I will become way to excited and not be able to sleep for days...

Tuesday is not far off and it will be a good day.

Thanx again for all your help and words of wisdom. I went throught the same kind of delays when I picked up my '01 325cic and I guess that kinda stuck and I didn't want to experience that again. But when I picked her up, it was one of the best days of my life!!

Now I'm even more excited about geting my 330i!! I will bring my G2 on delivery day so you guys can experience what I did..

For those of you waiting for your cars, the day will evenually arrive and it will be grand!! :

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-07-2002, 08:50 AM

I just got this email below from my Ocean Freight Forwarder, which is probably what everyone knows already from the news.

My business deals with imports from the west coast too (not cars) so everything is affected, which stinks (My 2003 330i came in with no delays, since I am on the east coast, but goods from the west are still needed for many other businesses out here).

This info I received today is as follows:

Talks broke off late Sunday with no plans to resume negotiations between West Coast dockworkers and the Pacific Maritime Association when the
longshoremen's union rejected the latest contract offer from the PMA.

Now, there are more than 200 vessels waiting at US West Coast ports with more than a dozen of vessels still on the way to the ports from Asia.

Officials said it would take a least a month to clear the backlog caused by the port shutdown, even if the ports were to reopen Sunday or Monday.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:30 PM

Ports Closed

Good news and bad news...

It looks like our prez is done prepping us for war and has moved onto the dock workers lockout and will try to envoke the Taft-Hartley amendment.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi...MpmBVJQnVzaCB0

Bad news, 6 to 7 weeks to catch the West Coast ports up....
Old 10-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Here since day one

Guys, I can use your expertise . . .

My car just turned Status 152 (Paint Shop), do you know when I should see the car at the port on the East Coast.
I'm from New York . . . could I expect delivery in 3 weeks or is that out of the question

BTW sorry to all you west coasters waiting for your cars, i know this makes your wait even harder
Old 10-08-2002, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan F
Guys, I can use your expertise . . .

My car just turned Status 152 (Paint Shop), do you know when I should see the car at the port on the East Coast.
I'm from New York . . . could I expect delivery in 3 weeks or is that out of the question

BTW sorry to all you west coasters waiting for your cars, i know this makes your wait even harder
For your reference from that status to arrival at my dealership it took almost exactly 1 month.

FYR - Ordered on 8/23/02 and took delivery at the dealership on 10/1/02 (arrived at the dealership on 9/30/02).

Hope this helps somewhat. Just keep calling BMWNA for those up to date status checks!
Old 10-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

For your reference from that status to arrival at my dealership it took almost exactly 1 month.

FYR - Ordered on 8/23/02 and took delivery at the dealership on 10/1/02 (arrived at the dealership on 9/30/02).

Hope this helps somewhat. Just keep calling BMWNA for those up to date status checks!
Thanks for responding . . . if I get it one month from now that would be 2 1/2 weeks sooned than promised . . .

cool
Old 10-08-2002, 06:58 PM

Talked to my dealer today to see if he had any info from the west coast prep center. He says there is one boat (of cars) ahead of ours (Terrier) that will get unloaded first. Apparently "sold" cars (as opposed to cars headed for dealer lot) get sent to prep center first, so that will help, but he says west coast prep center has been told ships containing perishable items will get priority. So even if the strike get resolved soon, we will be waiting for a couple weeks worth of bananas to get unloaded.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
Talked to my dealer today to see if he had any info from the west coast prep center. He says there is one boat (of cars) ahead of ours (Terrier) that will get unloaded first. Apparently "sold" cars (as opposed to cars headed for dealer lot) get sent to prep center first, so that will help, but he says west coast prep center has been told ships containing perishable items will get priority. So even if the strike get resolved soon, we will be waiting for a couple weeks worth of bananas to get unloaded.
oh yes, there is no bananas...

We should have a pool while we while away the time on when the Terrier will actually offload our cars (cheaper than buyin more mods). I pick 10/28, feelin lucky
Old 10-08-2002, 07:28 PM
unsafe at any speed

Mein Auto: bavarian style
Hey Alan F!

I'm with you. I called BMW NA today and was told that my 330i 5sp is at status 152 also.

bmwguynj, let's hope your experience holds for us. One month from today is an exciting prospect!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:30 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by CMOS
Hey Alan F!

I'm with you. I called BMW NA today and was told that my 330i 5sp is at status 152 also.

bmwguynj, let's hope your experience holds for us. One month from today is an exciting prospect!
that's pretty cool . . . what color and options did you go with ?
Old 10-08-2002, 09:31 PM

President Bush was granted his request this evening for an injunction ordering the west coast docks opened. Looks like we are back in business. Now let's see how long it takes to get through the backlog of ships.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RJJ330CAB
We should have a pool while we while away the time on when the Terrier will actually offload our cars (cheaper than buyin more mods). I pick 10/28, feelin lucky
Okay... I'm saying 10/22.

As an aside... my dealer said he has six cars on the Terrier. Of the six, I am the only one trading a car I own, so time is not a problem for me; but the other five are all lease turn-ins. He said BMW leasing has no problem extending the lease a month or so, but the jam is these poor folks are going to have to pay up California registration on their cars, only to trade them in a few weeks later. Bummer...