Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 10-08-2002, 09:15 PM
unsafe at any speed

Mein Auto: bavarian style
Alan F,

I went with Orient Blue / Sand / 18" wheels / Xenons / SP / PP

I also liked the Topaz you've got on the way.
It was hard to pick the colors.

Not quite as hard as the wait, tho...
Old 10-09-2002, 05:23 AM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
That is an awesome Combination . . . I give you credit for ordering the 18" wheels. I know with my car cleaning habits I would never be able to clean them nearly as often as they are going to need to be cleaned.

I love the OB with sand and came extremely close to ordering it.

The wait really is tough and I thought it would be easier since I have a 330Ci already but I have to admit I am getting very antsy . . .
Old 10-09-2002, 06:31 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my baby!!!! I put 100 miles on it last night. All I can say is wow. The NAV is much quicker than that of my 325, I also love the 16:9 screen. Cd-player is great. Most of all, my favorite part of the whole car is how the 3.0 is so in-tune with the rest of the car. Even keeping it under break in recommendations it still kicks ass. The sound of the exhaust is music to my ears and the motor makes me want to lower the radio. I LOVE the acceleration and smootheness of this monster. The power is more than sufficiant for me and is a great deal quicker than my cabrio. It was a huge jump for me. I like the idea of having 4 doors while maintaing the ultimate sport look. The colors contrast perfectly, IMO, Alan you will not regret Topaz, trust me. That is all people kept saying when they first seen it, "I love that color". I did not want to go to bed last night, I just wanted to drive. Well here are some pics from the delivery, pre-mod. I have 3 boxes of mods sitting at home waiting to be installed

I did not want to fill up this thread with pics so here is a link to more pics in the showroom...

More Pics....

Here you go guys, more to come

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler

Last edited by GeoMystic; 10-09-2002 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Excellent Geo... nice car. Same color combo I ordered. (groans as ship circling the ocean waiting for west coast docks to clear out)
Old 10-09-2002, 06:47 AM
Here since day one

That is almost the same car as mine right down to the NY plates,
It looks great, finally some good pics of a Topaz sedan !!!

Also it looks like you got the contential tires right ?

Congrats buddy !!! How do you like the power compared to your 323Cic ? You must be loving it !!!
Old 10-09-2002, 06:51 AM
Double Bimmers

Mein Auto: 2003 330i & 1988 325is
Geo,

Sound great!!!

Is yours the same as the other 03s that have been reported here?

-NO 3rd headrest
-NO aux input for the radio
-NAV has DVD equipment, but using a CD disc temporarily until the DVD disc is available?
Old 10-09-2002, 07:18 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan F
That is almost the same car as mine right down to the NY plates,
It looks great, finally some good pics of a Topaz sedan !!!

Also it looks like you got the contential tires right ?

Congrats buddy !!! How do you like the power compared to your 323Cic ? You must be loving it !!!
I'll be taking some nicer pics real soon when I get the clears on it. Those pics were taken real fast at delivery, thanx for the compliments... Your going to love your car Alan.

Yep, I got the Conti's. The power, oh man what a difference from my 325cic. A tap of the gas is all you need... The car pulls in every gear regardless of the RPM. My 325 was virtually dead in 5th, but this car acts like it's in 4th when in 5th. I love everything about
this car.

As for the Questions from CD-55

-There is no 3rd headrest
-Haven't found the Aux input, will check today when I get home
-DVD hardware is present, but the disc is CD, will recieve the DVD in the mail.

Did I mention how much I love this color...

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-09-2002, 09:47 AM
...worked on the railroad

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
looking for information

Okay, knowledgeable Bimmerfiles!

I've been searching this site and Google for information regarding what happens when a BMW is built in South Africa.

The few things I was able to find indicated that most of the 325i's built in Rosslyn are shipped to Bremerhaven, then to the US. When I called BMWNA, I was told that my car is 'Status 193 - Reached the Port of Exit' - what port would this be?

Now, since Port Hueneme is backed up at least a month, I'm, of course, wanting to get my 'Karl', but at the same time, it wouldn't pay for him to arrive anytime soon, because there are other ships (and other patient soon-to-be-Bimmer-owners) that need to be unloaded first. I've pretty much resigned myself to not seeing my Baby Bimmer until early December.

However, I'm curious about his odyssey - if someone has information, I'd appreciate it!

Those of you ahead of me - be of good cheer, it won't be too much longer!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:37 PM

Stopped by my dealer today (new battery) and he said one ship has already been unloaded at Port Hueneme. Apparently the "perishables" that were to take priority generally get delivered to the Los Angeles port, so Port Hueneme is not as backed up as other ports might be.

Looks like the Terrier is still due in Port Hueneme on 10/13. Hopefully by then the port will be back up to speed.

See this article for some info. about our ships. Last few paragraphs are encouraging.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
I forgot to mention...

"X" in the build location code in the VIN for 2003 is "Rattlesburg", not Munich...
Old 10-14-2002, 10:54 AM

Good news for those of us with cars on the Terrier. According to BMWNA, the Terrier docked at Port Hueneme at 8AM today. They estimate arrival at VPC on Wednesday.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:38 PM

Mein Auto: VW GTI VR6
Anyone have a car coming into Port Newark on the Jupiter Diamond on 10/16? Are ships generally unloaded on the day of arrival? How long does it take on average for an ordered car to make the trip to a New Jersey dealer from the time that the ship arrives? Could a Wednesday ship arrival equate to a Friday dealership arrival? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:13 PM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Quote:
Originally posted by tsb
Anyone have a car coming into Port Newark on the Jupiter Diamond on 10/16? Are ships generally unloaded on the day of arrival? How long does it take on average for an ordered car to make the trip to a New Jersey dealer from the time that the ship arrives? Could a Wednesday ship arrival equate to a Friday dealership arrival? Thanks.
Very doubtful. My car arrived at Newark on the 9th, and it has yet to get to the VPC 5 days later. I am now hoping that I will have it by this weekend, which would put me at 9 days from arrival at Newark to delivery at a NJ dealer. The wait is almost over, but these last couple of days are agonizing.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
Good news for those of us with cars on the Terrier. According to BMWNA, the Terrier docked at Port Hueneme at 8AM today. They estimate arrival at VPC on Wednesday.
Alan, BMWUSA told me my car was unloaded today also. When I checked the Cargo History Detail at WLNA, it shows "discharged" at 06:46 AM 10/13. Just wondering what your VIN status shows.

Either way, we're close.....
18" M72 /Bridgestone Potenzas
17" Type 32/ M2 Winter Sports
Old 10-14-2002, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally posted by Fingaz

Very doubtful. My car arrived at Newark on the 9th, and it has yet to get to the VPC 5 days later. I am now hoping that I will have it by this weekend, which would put me at 9 days from arrival at Newark to delivery at a NJ dealer. The wait is almost over, but these last couple of days are agonizing.
Fingaz, I'm not sure what the hold up is for your car, but my car was unloaded by the boat on a Thursday in Newark, went through VPC and delivered to my NJ dealer that following Monday - I picked it up on Tuesday.

Either way, yours should be ready for delivery very soon. Congrats again!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:21 PM
!

Mein Auto: 2003 330Cic
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

Fingaz, I'm not sure what the hold up is for your car, but my car was unloaded by the boat on a Thursday in Newark, went through VPC and delivered to my NJ dealer that following Monday - I picked it up on Tuesday.

Either way, yours should be ready for delivery very soon. Congrats again!
Thanks, I'm glad to see you are enjoying your car. I did talk to a few other people whose cars were on the Don Juan, and they are all reporting the same delay. I guess they are a little backed up at Newark this week.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:15 PM

Mein Auto: buggy
Quote:
Originally posted by RJJ330CAB

Alan, BMWUSA told me my car was unloaded today also. When I checked the Cargo History Detail at WLNA, it shows "discharged" at 06:46 AM 10/13. Just wondering what your VIN status shows.

Either way, we're close.....
Mine also shows discharged at 6:46am 10/13! WooHoo

The only strange thing is the boat schedule says that the Terrier is at Hueneme 10/14 to 10/14. Weird. Don't care though, the wait is almost over. So can we start bugging BMWNA about where it stands concerning the VPC and the truck ride?
Old 10-15-2002, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thinking
Mine also shows discharged at 6:46am 10/13! WooHoo.
Mine shows 10/13 0646 hrs. also. Did not even notice that first time I checked. Looks like we are over the dock strike hurdle!!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Our 330i was also discharged at 06:46 on 10/13.
I just called the BMW 800 number and was told by Aaron that the VPC was running a little behind and that the car should be in the VPC in the next couple of days. He said that VPC usually takes about a week before the car is shipped out to the dealer.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:35 AM
Mein Auto: people crazy
Here's a picture of some soap:

Old 10-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Here since day one

Quote:
Originally posted by ff
Here's a picture of some soap:
Discharge could get pretty messy
Old 10-15-2002, 04:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Interestingly enough, it looks to me like the Medea (original ETA at Port Hueneme of 10/6) unloaded its cars in Mazatlan and the Terrier then stopped to picked them up on its way up the coast.

My car showed a destination port of Port Hueneme which then switched to Mazatlan late last weekd, then a second ship with destination of Port Hueneme and now shows as having been unloaded on 10/13.

BMWNA says that the car is at the VPC, inspection form is printed but the inspection hasn't happened yet.

I'm crossing my fingers. Now it's a matter of how backed up the VPC is and how many customer-ordered cars are in the queue.

- Ray
Old 10-15-2002, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Leaving tomorrow for Spartanburg!

Hey all 9/06 production folks!

We're flying to Spartanburg tomorrow to get our Performance Delivery!

Anybody else going to be there for 10/17 delivery?

We're going to drive all the way back home (Tucson AZ), but fun to break it in on the back roads!

Our new car: 325i, Gray-green metallic, Sand leather, manual, sport package, power seats, HK sound upgrade.

Will take pic's.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi
Cool Anybody else delivering soon....

Hey all I'm new to the forum. I have been addicted to the forum and have been reading everybody's posts. Thanks for all the info. I thought I might finally register and add join in all the fun.

I have a 03 330xi I ordered at the end of August which surprisingly wasn't supposed to be built until this Friday however checking at BMWUSA it's assembled, painted, and ready to be shipped. WOW! Talk about fast! Now the serious waiting begins. Anybody know what the ship schedule is out of Germany and let's see some of your pics of the 03's!!! Seems like everybody was so excited about receiving their cars that the posts on this thread have slowed down to a crawl. SHOW US THE PICS! PICS! PICS!

I promise I'll put mine up as soon as it comes in.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:05 AM

Re: Anybody else delivering soon....

Quote:
Originally posted by keval11
Anybody know what the ship schedule is out of Germany...
Here are the shipping schedules. Keep us posted on your car. I promise pics as soon as I get mine.