Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-17-2002, 05:31 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
I didn't mean to throw it in your face or anything, about the WW web site. I use to check out that site when I ordered my 325cic, back in 2000. It's cool that we find these things... What would we do without information. THat is sweet that you are already on a ship. Congrats!! I willl call tomorrow and find out if I boarded one of those boats. It would definately be nice if both our cars caught the same boat. At least our cars will have good company.

I will post as soon as I know....

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
UPDATE - ON THE BOAT!

So I called BMWNA today and they said that my vehicle is on the boat and on the way to NJ! Which is great news, since I was stuck at status 193 (arrived at the port of exit) for the past couple of days.

The BMW customer service rep told me that the boat should arrive in NJ around 9/26/02, spend 1 day in the processing center and should be at the dealership during the first week of October. My dealership will probably take another day to install the Factory alarm, so hoping that maybe the car will be ready by 10/4/02?

A little over 2 more weeks left!

For all of you ahead of me, maybe you will have photos of your 2003 vehicles as early as next week? I look forward to seeing them!

Last edited by bmwguynj; 09-17-2002 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Just confirmed, my car made the CA boat yesterday. It's on the Terrier, in transit - 10/14 in Port Hueneme, CA.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: '03 330Ci
On US soil

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj
The BMW customer service rep told me that the boat should arrive in NJ around 9/26/02, spend 1 day in the processing center and should be at the dealership during the first week of October. My dealership will probably take another day to install the Factory alarm, so hoping that maybe the car will be ready by 10/4/02?
My car was unloaded yesterday in NJ from the Verona. However, since it has to make a substantially longer trip within the US, I may not actually receive it that much sooner than when you receive yours.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:11 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci
Question 2003Ci

Anyone know what, if any, are the changes from 2002 to 2003 model 330Ci? Local Dealer and BMW owner's circle no help!!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:28 PM

Re: On US soil

Quote:
Originally posted by ruteger
My car was unloaded yesterday in NJ from the Verona. However, since it has to make a substantially longer trip within the US, I may not actually receive it that much sooner than when you receive yours.
Ruteger - keep the faith! You never know you still, may get it sooner than me, since at least yours has hit US soil already.

However I do wonder if any of the others that came off your same boat are for any of the east coast members here that will probably take delivery of their cars by next week! WOW!
Old 09-17-2002, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
I guess I'm on one of the same boats for Sept 26 arrival in NJ.
The lady at bmwna said it was the "Bayonne", could not find that boat on the Wilhelm shipping cargo Excel Spreadsheet...
My VIN still does not show on that website, either. Maybe the Bayonne is a different carrier???

Vic

03 330xi black, black, lots of other stuff, but no sunroof
Old 09-17-2002, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: buggy
Quote:
Originally posted by RJJ330CAB
Just confirmed, my car made the CA boat yesterday. It's on the Terrier, in transit - 10/14 in Port Hueneme, CA.
I made the Terrier too!

So anybody know the exact url to use to track a boat? I know the site where you can enter your vin, however that doesn't seem to be working yet. The person I talked to at bmwna gave me the code to use to track by boat, but I don't know where to enter it. She said it could be done at the cargo companies american site.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Unhappy I spoke to soon...

The bad news...
My 330Ci has not made it on a ship yet after all. Apparently the gentleman at BMW NA was incorrect when I called yesterday. It went to 190 - Dispatched to Export yesterday after I called. No update was available today.

The good news...
If it can get to the port in time, it could make the Jupiter Diamond for a 9/19 ship date. This would put it in Charleston on 10/1. If it misses it, the next boat would be Traviata on 9/24 and will not make it until 10/9.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: buggy
Re: I spoke to soon...

Quote:
Originally posted by GimpyMcFarlan
If it misses it, the next boat would be Traviata on 9/24 and will not make it until 10/9.
Don't be too upset. I'm already on a boat and it still won't get here til the 14th.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:24 AM
Shiftin

I' in the ocean!! I'm on the ARABIAN BREEZE!! Wohoooo. I was loaded on the 16th and arrive in NY on the 26th. Hey GimpyMcFarlen, what boat are you on? I wonder if our vin#'s are close. I can get an output from that cargo website. It gave me the following:

We are getting closer and closer!!

6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler

Last edited by GeoMystic; 09-18-2002 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330xi JetBlk/Blk
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. The Cargo tracking works for my vin number now, too...
In fact, ALL your info matches mine! Same cargo numbers, time loaded, everything but the vin...

Cargo Status History

Cargo Id: WBAEW534X3PG09XXX
Booking Number: Bill Number: DE85440
Vessel: ARABIAN BREEZE Port of Origin: BREMERHAVEN
Voyage: EX218-ARB Port of Destination: NEW YORK, NY
Priority: Customer Ref. Number: 821710302 R

So my car is destined for NY port, not NJ as BMWNA told me.

'03 330xi black/black, some other stuff, no sunroof

Last edited by pmb1010; 09-18-2002 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:52 AM

I'm joining your club too on the Arabian Breeze! (by the way, the name reminds me of a fart!)

BMWNA also told me ETA to US port by 9/26/02.

The wait is almost over!

Last edited by bmwguynj; 09-18-2002 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
See, You all got onto boats much later then I did and you still arrive in port on the same day as mine. I am on the Tanabta that left on 09/09 and don't get to port in Charleston until 09/26.

That really sux.

However, I am thrilled that one of us will have a new car soon. I am dying to see any pics of a MY03 car, i, CI, Cic, or xi. I am not sure the one posted earlier from the UK was really a MY03, and the pics were only of the car at the dealer with people hiding the car. I would LOVE to see more.

We must make a pact to post pics as soon as any of us (and all of us) get a car in our hot little hands. I feel like I am somehow connected to this little club on the 09/06 build date thread (even though it is not only 09/06 folks).

Where should we plan our first group therapy session to deal with our obsession over getting this new baby? One thing we won't have to deal with is post-delivery depression.....
Old 09-18-2002, 01:51 PM

rbright,

I'm right there next to you at the therapy session!

I am all for the photo pact you suggested and I can't wait to see too!

Congratulations to all you new 2003 owners out there!

I still can't wipe this silly grin off my face from the day I put the order in for this great vehicle.

PS- Rbright - you will have a great time at the performance center in SC. I attended X5 school over there a couple of months ago and it was very cool and I had a great time.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Shiftin

I'm going to bring my Powershot G2 with me at delivery and take as many pics as I can. Especially of the front(to prove no facia change), rear and dashboard. This seems to be where most of the changes are going to be. Oh yeah and the backseat for the 3rd headrest. I definitely can't wait to flip the NAV screen and see the CD-player and AUX input!!

Old 09-18-2002, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
Hello everybody! This is my first post on this thread. I've been reading for awhile and I have learned a lot from everyone. I am posting here first because I placed my order on an Orient Blue 330i on September 6. I have a production date of 10/4/02. Since I live on the west coast, I guess it will take me longer to get my car than some of you guys. I understand that the car is shipped through the Panama Canal to Port Hueneme, CA where it will go through VPC. I am very excited to get this car and am looking forward to getting pictures from you guys on the new '03 even though I expect the sedan to look identical to the '02. So I am production code 112 right now. Good luck to you guys and wish me luck. Happy driving. The wait is going to kill me!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I' in the ocean!! I'm on the ARABIAN BREEZE!! Wohoooo. I was loaded on the 16th and arrive in NY on the 26th. Hey GimpyMcFarlen, what boat are you on? I wonder if our vin#'s are close.
Hi Geo!

Unfortunately I didn't make it home in time to call BMW NA before they closed. I decided to take the night off and hang out at a local sports bar to watch the Indians play. I'm happy I did b/c they were victorious against the dreaded Red Sox! I'll be calling BMW bright and early tomorrow to check on the status.

Congrats on getting aboard the Arabian Breeze! She looks like a fine ship! Built in 1983 at 12,500 tons and carrying a up to 3000 cars/containers. She is one of the smaller vessles (IMHO, I think that is a good thing), so it makes sense that she is making a bee line for the atlantic coast. Very view stops is good news!

By the way, my VIN is WBABN53443J------

Gimpy McFarlan
Old 09-18-2002, 08:36 PM

Well, I got a call from my dealer today, asking if I wanted to move up my delivery appointment at the Performance Center because my car is arriving over 2 weeks early.

So, I moved it up one week, to take delivery on October 25 instead of Nov. 1 . I wanted to move it up 2 weeks, but I am defending my PhD dissertation on October 17 and would have to leave that night and I know I will not be in a "driving" frame of mind. But, I will not be able to sleep the entire next week, what with just becoming a Dr. and getting my first bimmer (and a DAMN hot one at that).

Oh, so many life changes all at once. I need a good therapist.

Oh yeah, Dear Jon.......
Old 09-19-2002, 10:22 AM

It seems now that the first batch of us are are all on our boats and it's just a race now of the boats to dock!

I hope there's no traffic jams out there at sea and the boats have EZPASS!

PS - I have stopped calling my BMWNA customer service rep during this boat transit time, which might be a relief to them, however I am kind of missing the daily call to them.

Last edited by bmwguynj; 09-19-2002 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
bmwguynj:

I also stopped calling when the car was on the water. I will resume calling the 26th which is the day after the Rigoletto gets into SC. I'm planning on taking delivery on October 4th unless my car gets held up in customs or something. I'm charging the batteries in the digital camera now. It's a Olympus E10, if I take pictures in the TIFF mode they should take less than thirty minutes to load Well, maybe I'll shoot jpegs.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Double Bimmers

Mein Auto: 2003 330i & 1988 325is
Quote:
Originally posted by oldzguy
bmwguynj:

I also stopped calling when the car was on the water. I will resume calling the 26th which is the day after the Rigoletto gets into SC. I'm planning on taking delivery on October 4th unless my car gets held up in customs or something. I'm charging the batteries in the digital camera now. It's a Olympus E10, if I take pictures in the TIFF mode they should take less than thirty minutes to load Well, maybe I'll shoot jpegs.
Oh and cannot wait for the pictures!!!

Do you perhaps have the new NAV? I know we are all dying to see the new in-dash CD/ NAV combo.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:56 AM

OLDZ,

My car gets here the same day as yours, but I have to wait until Oct 25 to pick it up.

I can't wait to see your pics on the 4th, ok, we'll let you play a day first and post them on the 5th.

I stopped calling when I found my was at sea. My options still don't list on the Owner's Circle, but it does say en route and expected delivery date is 09/30.

God, this had been such an obsession for me. And I am in the middle of writing my dissertation, starting a new job (my first real job), planning my final defense, and buying my first $48,000 car.

Whoooo. I need some downers man.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:20 AM
Par good/birdies better

rbright and cd-55

No, I could never live with my wife if I had ordered the nav. We are going to do it the same way Tim Allen and I have always done it, "No way a man needs directions". The Owners Circle says my estimated delivery date is also 09/30, but the dealer is adding the alarm, tinting, and transceiver. I also gave them instructions not to wash the car. I work 4 tens, Mon thru Thurs, and we have an operator school to conduct that week so I want to pick it up on Friday my day off, so I can clay, PPCL, AIO, Souveran and wax the wheels(sick, I know). Nothing like virgin paint
Old 09-19-2002, 11:24 AM
Par good/birdies better

obsession

My wife says she is not sure if I am obsessed or possessed