Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-19-2002, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally posted by rbright
OLDZ,

I stopped calling when I found my was at sea. My options still don't list on the Owner's Circle, but it does say en route and expected delivery date is 09/30.

My options also still don't list on the Owner's Circle Website, which is kind of risky, since you don't know if your dealer entered the info correctly at the time of the order (most likely they did).

That is why you check with customer service early, since they have that info on hand.

They should still list the options, since there is an area for it on the website.
Old 09-19-2002, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldzguy
bmwguynj:

I also stopped calling when the car was on the water. I will resume calling the 26th which is the day after the Rigoletto gets into SC. I'm planning on taking delivery on October 4th unless my car gets held up in customs or something. I'm charging the batteries in the digital camera now. It's a Olympus E10, if I take pictures in the TIFF mode they should take less than thirty minutes to load Well, maybe I'll shoot jpegs.
Canon G2 here and are you ready for a shoot out!!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 02:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Thumbs up Freight Confirmation...

OK, I learned from BMW NA today that my 330Ci has made it onto the Hual Triton that left Bremerhaven yesterday! Woo Hoo! It should be at the NY entry port on 10/1. I guess the PC delivery cars don't necessarily go through the port in Charleston.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
I have been out of town a couple days and lost track of you guys. Glad to see some of you are on the boat.

BMWNA web site shows I am on a ship, but it is too late tonight to call and find out what ship. The Wallenius web site does not show anything when I enter my VIN yet, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow.

My ship is headed for west coast anyway, so I will no doubt be behind most of you.

Can't wait to see the first photos posted!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:33 PM

Hey will any of your West Coast deliveries be affected by the PORT LOCKOUT? It seems to be resolved for now. The article to the link is attached. I hope not!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._ge/port_labor

EXCERPT:

A defensive shutdown is the last thing we want to do, but the union is forcing our hand," said Joseph Miniace, president and chief executive of the PMA. "Their destructive actions are debilitating to port operations. The union leaders are clearly putting their self-interests over those of the nation."

West Coast ports from San Diego to Seattle handle more than $300 billion worth of goods a year, which comprise more than 7 percent of the gross national product. Cargo ranges widely from automotive parts and toys to food and clothes.

Last edited by bmwguynj; 09-19-2002 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Re: Freight Confirmation...

Quote:
Originally posted by GimpyMcFarlan
OK, I learned from BMW NA today that my 330Ci has made it onto the Hual Triton that left Bremerhaven yesterday! Woo Hoo! It should be at the NY entry port on 10/1. I guess the PC delivery cars don't necessarily go through the port in Charleston.
Gimpy,

All of the PC cars do come to the port Charleston. Sometimes, they make several pit stops along the way. Mine is stopping in Baltimore first. Sometimes, you are unloaded in NY, and then put onto another ship to Charleston. They are definitely not going to truck your car from NY to Charleston when they have boats going there frequently.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:40 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

Canon G2 here and are you ready for a shoot out!!!!!
I'm getting my PowerShot G2 ready to go also. I'm bringing two batteries and 160MB of storage baby!! Ahhh BMWUSA.com says ET of delivery is Sept 28th. My dealer originally told me mid-Oct, so I'm shooting for last weekend in Sept or 1st week of Oct. I'm gonna be driving all night when I pick it up!! No work for me the next day gonna do clears and SMG that day.

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-20-2002, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj
EXCERPT:

A defensive shutdown is the last thing we want to do, but the union is forcing our hand," said Joseph Miniace, president and chief executive of the PMA. "Their destructive actions are debilitating to port operations. The union leaders are clearly putting their self-interests over those of the nation."

West Coast ports from San Diego to Seattle handle more than $300 billion worth of goods a year, which comprise more than 7 percent of the gross national product. Cargo ranges widely from automotive parts and toys to food and clothes.
I've been nervously following this since last weekend. Just what we need now is to have our cars sitting in Port Hueneme on the ship and no way to get the cars off the ship!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:21 AM

My car is on the ship! Just got off the phone with BMWNA and I shipped on the Terrier on 9/16, due Port Hueneme 10/14.

Anybody else on the same ship?

Vessel: TERRIER Port of Origin: BREMERHAVEN

Voyage: ED237-TER Port of Destination: PORT HUENEME, CA
Old 09-20-2002, 07:00 AM

Hey Gimpy, Alan, Oldz, Ruteger, and whoever else has a 2003 on the way.

Which of you ordered NAVI? Have you been following the rumors that the first batch of MY03 do NOT have the DVD-navi, that they installed the CD-based Navi?

This would be a deal-breaker for me, but I don't know how to substantiate the rumor.

Any of you hear of this, and what is your take on it?
Old 09-20-2002, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rbright
Which of you ordered NAVI? Have you been following the rumors that the first batch of MY03 do NOT have the DVD-navi, that they installed the CD-based Navi?

This would be a deal-breaker for me, but I don't know how to substantiate the rumor.

Any of you hear of this, and what is your take on it?
Did not order the NAV RB, but I agree with you. CD based NAV would kill the deal for me if I ordered it.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:23 AM
Shiftin

I don't understand, why would they install a cd-based NAV if it was purchased as DVD. And why would the first batch only be cd?? Where did you hear this rumor? I never heard it and don't know why you would even think that, it's just like the whole cd not happening behind NAV hoax. If BMW did something like this they would have a lot of people not taking deliveries, which is no good for CS. I am expecting everything that was selected on my order sheet. Which was pretty much everything. As you should. These kind of rumors get me all worked up. Just for the fact that some people believe in these hoax's is crazy. I am not attacking anyone personally and please do not take offense, but we need to stop assuming and starting stuff. Lets wait until our babies arrive and then we can say and show truth and hopefully put these rumors to an end.

By the way, my dealer just told me that there are still '03 cars waiting at the port in NY and not moving, my dealer is in Queens,NY. He said I should be driving my baby this month if all goes well Otherwise the first week in Oct.... Now it's getting tough to get any work done because I spend too much time here drooling over us getting our cars!!

6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler

Last edited by GeoMystic; 09-20-2002 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:53 AM

Hey Geo

There is a thread called 2003 navi here. Jon Shafer justed weighed in and said that he has not heard of this and cannot substantiate the rumor. As far as he can tell it is just rumor.

I am not trying to start something, I just knew that there were a lot of "us" with cars on the way that would be concerned and also the first to know and it is something I wanted to know if you have heard of or should watch out for.

It seems so far to be a rumor. I hope that is it.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:55 AM
Shiftin

Sorry, I did not notice the thread. I sure hope all is good when we get our cars. Hopefully sooner than later....

Old 09-20-2002, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
My car is on the ship! Just got off the phone with BMWNA and I shipped on the Terrier on 9/16, due Port Hueneme 10/14.

Anybody else on the same ship?

Vessel: TERRIER Port of Origin: BREMERHAVEN

Voyage: ED237-TER Port of Destination: PORT HUENEME, CA
We're boatmates. 330cic, topaz/grey, SP, Xenon, Heated Seats, 18" M-Vspoke. I will probably receive the last week of October here in Denver , just in time for our first blizzard....
Old 09-20-2002, 06:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to GimpyMcFarlan
Mein Auto: 2007 X3 Crimson/Beige
Hi rbright,

It makes perfect sense that mine would be dropped off at the Charleston port. I thought for sure that BMW was going to put it on the Jupider Diamond for direct shippment to South Carolina. (nonstop!)

However BMW NA verified that it is on the Hual Triton and will be delivered to the VPC at NY/NJ on 10/1. From there it should be shipped via Bavarian Motor transport (www.bmtcarhaul.com) to the PC. If it needs to wait for a ship, the next one from NY to Charleston is not until the Traviata. It arrives in NY on 10/7 and is not in Charleston until 10/9. Plus, Germans are know for their effeciency, why would the unload and reload a car onto another ship? Seems like a waste of time.

FWIW, I purchased the NAV unit and I don't believe the rumors about the first few being buit with CD units. I would think we would have heard something for BMW NA about it.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:32 PM

I wonder how long it takes to get through PC. The BMW rep told me it could take 3-5 days, because so many cars are coming off the ship and they have a limited amount of personel at PC to process them all.

Also it would suck if our NAVs were not DVD. It just seems wrong to ship CD versions first and then change to DVD during the same model year. But again this is just all rumor.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:03 AM

Mein Auto: buggy
Quote:
Originally posted by RJJ330CAB

We're boatmates. 330cic, topaz/grey, SP, Xenon, Heated Seats, 18" M-Vspoke. I will probably receive the last week of October here in Denver , just in time for our first blizzard....
I'm on the Terrier too. 330i, silver/black, SP, Xenon, Moonroof, Nav. And FWIW I don't think that any of the navs will be cd. In fact I looked around and didn't even see the thread where this was being discussed.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thinking

I'm on the Terrier too. 330i, silver/black, SP, Xenon, Moonroof, Nav. And FWIW I don't think that any of the navs will be cd. In fact I looked around and didn't even see the thread where this was being discussed.
The link to the thread you were looking for is attached. The thread is real, however the 2003 CD NAV is rumor and probably B.S. Why can't BMW just get everyone of their dealers in unison on this one?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=12437
Old 09-21-2002, 08:00 AM

RJ/Thinking>> So if the boat arrives 10/14... a few days to process cars at the VPC... I hope to have my car in Palm Springs by 10/21? What's your dealer telling you guys?

This is not as much fun now that we can't call those poor guys at BMWNA to check on our cars every day any longer.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
If there's *any* truth to the DVD not ready yet rumor, I'd bet that the DVD *disk* is delayed, not the DVD reader. I'd rather that not be the case but I could live with a DVD-based system that happened to have a CD in it. You can alway buy the DVD later, especially if you wait a year and get the DVD when you upgrade to next year's database.

- Ray
Old 09-21-2002, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rcc
If there's *any* truth to the DVD not ready yet rumor, I'd bet that the DVD *disk* is delayed, not the DVD reader. I'd rather that not be the case but I could live with a DVD-based system that happened to have a CD in it. You can alway buy the DVD later, especially if you wait a year and get the DVD when you upgrade to next year's database.

- Ray
I think this has pretty much been settled, RCC. It is just the disk that is delayed, not the player. And you would not have to buy anything more. You are already paying for the DVD disk and it is the distributor's problem not ours. When the DVD disk is available (only a month later), you will be mailed the disk or you can drop into your dealer to pick it up. Very simple. No need to wait a year. No need to shell out any more money.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Terrier ED 237

We have a silver/natural brown 330i on the the Terrier voyage ED 237. We are in Seattle. What are the destinations of others vehicles on the Terrier?

It would be interesting to keep in touch and let the others know when our vehicles arrive at their final destination.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
RJ/Thinking>> So if the boat arrives 10/14... a few days to process cars at the VPC... I hope to have my car in Palm Springs by 10/21? What's your dealer telling you guys?

This is not as much fun now that we can't call those poor guys at BMWNA to check on our cars every day any longer.
Alan, my dealer is saying 2 days at VPC, 6 to 10 days to get to Colorado from California. Only good thing is I will be out of country on business the week of 10/14 so hopefully that week will go quick. BTW, yesterday was a perfect convertible day here .
Old 09-21-2002, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i SP sedan 5-spd
David H, I'm also in Seattle (Bellevue) and have a Ti Silver/black 330i SP on the Terrier. Will let you know when I receive it.

-- Joe