Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 09-21-2002, 04:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: buggy
My dealer said it could take anywhere from 2 to 12 days depending on how many cars need to get processed, place in line, if there's trucks, etc... I'm in San Diego. The one thing we seem to have going for us is that we got on the Terrier and not the Jupiter Diamond. The Diamond arrives a day or two after the Terrier. I don't know how long it takes to empty out a boat, but it seems that those cars could get stuck in line after ours.

Maybe we should start up a Terrier thread.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:26 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Flanary
RJ/Thinking>> So if the boat arrives 10/14... a few days to process cars at the VPC... I hope to have my car in Palm Springs by 10/21? What's your dealer telling you guys?

This is not as much fun now that we can't call those poor guys at BMWNA to check on our cars every day any longer.

7 days sounds about right. I have a later build date than you guys, but my dealer told me about 5-7 days after the 3er gets to Port Hueneme. I guess it depends on how quickly the cars are processed, but they don't truck them all out at the same time, or do they? It just seems like some might be ready before others. Oh, one other thing, my dealer told me that they are g oing to need the car for a day or two (more like two) for their own preps and any accessories I want to add. Anybody else hear how long dealer should have car after it arrives from VPC? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: Orient Blue 330i
Re: Terrier ED 237

Quote:
Originally posted by david h
We have a silver/natural brown 330i on the the Terrier voyage ED 237. We are in Seattle. What are the destinations of others vehicles on the Terrier?

It would be interesting to keep in touch and let the others know when our vehicles arrive at their final destination.
Not really on point as far as your question, but it is my understanding that all vehicles going to the west coast are offloaded at Port Hueneme VPC. My guess would be that there will be cars on that vessel for distribution all throughout the west.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:33 AM

Re: Re: Terrier ED 237

Quote:
Originally posted by NewBmwGuy

Not really on point as far as your question, but it is my understanding that all vehicles going to the west coast are offloaded at Port Hueneme VPC. My guess would be that there will be cars on that vessel for distribution all throughout the west.
Wouldn't his be dropped off in Tacoma? If so he could actually get his car before some of us that are getting ours dropped off at Hueneme.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

The link to the thread you were looking for is attached. The thread is real, however the 2003 CD NAV is rumor and probably B.S. Why can't BMW just get everyone of their dealers in unison on this one?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=12437
Thanks for the link. The software being delayed could make sense, if so not too big of a deal. If that is the case, hopefully it won't be too long of a wait, and no one will have too much trouble getting the new disk.

More interesting was the headrest thing. I don't really care about the headrest one way or the other. I guess I'd rather not have it for visibility reasons, but the three point seat belt would be nice. (does it come with one anyways?) It does seem kind of weak that they just aren't putting them in though, especially with out letting anybody know. If it would have been something else like the dvd nav, or cd behind the nav I would've been pretty upset.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:03 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330Ci
Smile

David H and Joema, I'm also from Seattle and my 330Ci is on the Terrier as well. Do you guys have any clue when the car will arrive Seattle?

Sincerely,
teng99
Old 09-22-2002, 07:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 330i SP sedan 5-spd
The Terrier is scheduled for Port Hueneme Oct 14. The vehicle processing center at Oxnard, CA takes several days to process the cars. If your car was last loaded/first off, it might be quicker. In general I'd say around 7-10 days processing and trucking time, say around Oct 21-24 to Seattle. The local dealer also takes a day or so. Just guessing here.

However slower sailing, offloading delays at other ports, etc. would push this out.

Here's a description of what happens at the VPC:

http://tinyurl.com/1kr4
Old 09-23-2002, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 550i Sport
The Arabian Breeze should be breezing in soon!

Thursday (9/26/02) as the rest of you know.

Then it will be stuck for a couple of days at VPC and probably another day at the dealer (to install the Alarm).

I can't stop thinking about it!

Old 09-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
I'm right their with you!! THe same boat. Now the next few days are gonna be long. I can't wait!!!!

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-24-2002, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to maransm Send a message via Yahoo to maransm
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
Mine made it to Galaxy !!!!

My baby finally made it to Galaxy yesterday and will reach PORT HUENEME on 10/21..

So I should get mine by last week of Oct.. Wooh.. Hooo... I am sooo excited.. But this wait kills me...
Old 09-25-2002, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
I'm right their with you!! THe same boat. Now the next few days are gonna be long. I can't wait!!!!
BMWNA still shows an estimated delivery date of tomorrow (9/26/02) to the port.

Is anyone tracking the ARABIAN BREEZE and did it come in early or will it come in later?

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:47 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330Ci OB/NB SP PP
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwguynj

BMWNA still shows an estimated delivery date of tomorrow (9/26/02) to the port.

Is anyone tracking the ARABIAN BREEZE and did it come in early or will it come in later?

Thanks!
Hey dude, we have been around this thread long enough to know not to panic about the "estimated" delivery date that is posted on the lag-laden BMWNA website.

You know it is close, you can follow it once it gets off the boat, and in a matter of days it will be in your garage.

You might be the first in the US for all we know, so take some deep breaths and get that camera loaded.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rbright

Hey dude, we have been around this thread long enough to know not to panic about the "estimated" delivery date that is posted on the lag-laden BMWNA website.

You know it is close, you can follow it once it gets off the boat, and in a matter of days it will be in your garage.

You might be the first in the US for all we know, so take some deep breaths and get that camera loaded.
Rbright, thanks for the comforting words and I'll just have to wait a couple more days. Hey if I waited this long, what is a couplem more days, right?

I thought I saw something about some members on here ready to get their vehicles by the end of this week, so maybe we will see some photos by the end of this week!???
Old 09-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
bmwguynj:

My car is scheduled to unload off the Rigoletto today, I hope to have it in a week to ten days. Will post pics asap.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:02 PM

oldzguy & bmwguynj: Either of you get the nav? If so it is of course your civic duty to upload some pics before you go for your first drive.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 03 325xit (soon)
Confession

I've been reading this thread since it was only 4 pages long and now I'm getting as antsy as everyone else. I found this site via Google after I ordered a Orient Blue/Nat Brown 325xit 0n 8/15.
I'm a sucker for wagons,(62 Ford Fairlane, 68 VW Type 3,65 Volvo 122S, 89 Volvo 740 w/turbo).It is due to arrive with Step, and PP.
It is also on the Arabian Breeze (thanx to someone for tracking link), and hopefully will be @ dealer before 2nd week of Oct.
I've read about a survey by dealer, what impact does this have on future dealings?
Thanx for all the info, this is a unique site.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Re: Confession

Quote:
Originally posted by plmbst
I've been reading this thread since it was only 4 pages long and now I'm getting as antsy as everyone else. I found this site via Google after I ordered a Orient Blue/Nat Brown 325xit 0n 8/15.
I'm a sucker for wagons,(62 Ford Fairlane, 68 VW Type 3,65 Volvo 122S, 89 Volvo 740 w/turbo).It is due to arrive with Step, and PP.
It is also on the Arabian Breeze (thanx to someone for tracking link), and hopefully will be @ dealer before 2nd week of Oct.
I've read about a survey by dealer, what impact does this have on future dealings?
Thanx for all the info, this is a unique site.
Congrats on the order. Let us know how you like the car and post some pictures.

Hope to have my car by third week of October (and I'll post pictures).
Old 09-25-2002, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thinking
oldzguy & bmwguynj: Either of you get the nav? If so it is of course your civic duty to upload some pics before you go for your first drive.
I will make sure to do this, since I did get the NAV / CD option too. But I still think someone out there already has their 2003, since there was a shipment before mine. Either way, there will be photos from me.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:55 PM

My car is supposed to be unloaded from the Tanabata tomorrow and head directly to the Performance Center.

I got everything on it, but onions. Well, didn't get the CWP, but did get the Navi.

Even though mine will be ready to pick up, my deliver appt is not set until October 24 But, I will have a blast at the PC.

Anyone else on the Tanabata? Why was I the only one stuck on that ship?

Mine is Orient Blue and natural brown, too. 330Ci.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:58 PM

I think the core members of this thread will be the very first BimmerFesters to get their hands on the MY03 in the US.

Even the guy in the UK had to give his back. Another guy has one, but then said it was made in July??? Go figure that one out, doesn't even know what MY his car is.

We will definitely be the first with the new Navi and in-dash CD, so the weight is on our shoulders to entertain the troops once the ship comes in.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:04 AM
Par good/birdies better

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Imola Red
Status

The shipper's site says "Discharged" as of 09/25. Could be at the VPC now.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:17 AM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Re: Confession

Quote:
Originally posted by plmbst
I ordered a Orient Blue/Nat Brown 325xit 0n 8/15.
I have a Steel Gray/Gray 325xiT on the Arabian Breeze as well. Mine has a Step and just about every possible option. Yes, that means the NAV and CD changer. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll post pictures when I get it.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:43 AM
Shiftin

Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP
Today is the day

I think I'm going to go to the dock and wave the boat in!!

I feel like a kid again

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM CD-Changer - OEM TV function- Titanium headlight inserts - DIY Clutch Stop - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35%/20% Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 09-26-2002, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
VESSEL: TERRIER VOYAGE: ED237-TER

PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 13/10/2002

After seeing your post, I checked my ship again and it now shows one day earlier than before!! Was originally listed as 10/14 arrival. Woohoo
Old 09-26-2002, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: MY03 330i
Cool Excited

I have a 330i SG Natural PP SP on Arabian Breeze. According to owner circle I have estimated delivery 10/02. Can't wait.