Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 PM

Mein Auto: 530xi
So_cal_dealer_aux_input_install? [06_e60]

I am wondering if there is a dealer in So-Cal that can do an Aux_Input install on a 530xi with Nav and No Premium sound. I have been told that this is not possible. If it is I would be interested in getting that installed. Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 MSport
Your dealer is misinformed. The AUX IN can be installed on any E60. I have posted the instructions for you.

Take the instructions along with you to the dealer and clue them in. Should cost one hour labour and about $50 to $75 for parts.

Just to be clear, it will allow input from an external source such as an ipod with only volume controls on the steering wheel. No other control of the device is possible at this time. BMW is reportedly working on a SW upate that will include the control of other features on ipods.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aux_adapter_EBA_.pdf (199.7 KB, 72 views)

22 Retired and thoroughly enjoyed Bimmers

Last edited by ademitt; 10-12-2005 at 06:30 AM.