Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi
BMW Driving School - just for bimmer?

I've never been to a BMW sponsored event and I looked in BMWCCA and local club websites but can't find where it says you can only bring a BMW. I've gone to quattro events only because my driving buds both have Audis and now I'll try to convince them to join me if possible.

Thanks for any input.
Ads by Google
Old 08-30-2002, 02:02 PM
TD

Mein Auto:
Re: BMW Driving School - just for bimmer?

Quote:
Originally posted by 2k2_xi
I've never been to a BMW sponsored event and I looked in BMWCCA and local club websites but can't find where it says you can only bring a BMW. I've gone to quattro events only because my driving buds both have Audis and now I'll try to convince them to join me if possible.

Thanks for any input.
There are a number of non-BMWs that participate in the NCC autox and track events. Granted 90+% of the non-BMWs are Porsches. But there is the occasional VW or Honda autox-ing with us.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto:
BMWCCA NJ chapter has other makes running in autox and rallies
Old 08-30-2002, 02:16 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
From the website of the local CCA chapter discussing the car control clinics they offer:

Quote:
This is a BMW Club event for BMW drivers. If your BMW is in the shop or non-operational, substitutions are permitted. We encourage you to bring a BMW. Convertibles are allowed. All cars must have operating seatbelts. If there is a question about the appropriateness of your vehicle, please contact
I have yet to participate, so I can only go by their words and not from my personal experience.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Traffic Surgeon

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP~89 325is~88 M6
The way my CCA chapter works is that chapter members have first priority, then other chapters, then the general public. I saw lots of non-BMW's at VIR in July. Take this guy for instance:

Old 08-30-2002, 05:05 PM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
LA Chapter sponsered events give preference to BMWs over other marques. I don't know if there is preference for member vs non-member or not. And I don't know about substitute cars if you're BMW is unable to make to the event.

Old 09-09-2002, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 325xi
Thanks for all the replies.

So I guess the rules may be different between 'local' clubs and between different events. I guess the next event I'd consider going, I'd just call them to find out the rules.

Chris330ci - I was in VIR (for the first time) in July also on a quattro event. Great experience, almost ruined by (Dinan moded) 5 series that flipped over. Scary sight.

DougDogs-Where in NJ do you guys hold you auto-x and rally events? I'm not much into it but I would love to watch.