Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Cars - Private Party

Cars - Private Party
Do you have a car for sale? Are you looking for a new BMW? Check here daily as well as searching on craigslist and eBay Motors

Old 10-12-2005, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: E36 M3 Cab
FS: E36 M3 Cab in SF Bay Area, 5-spd, Low Miles, Very Clean

I regret to put my '98 E36 M3 up for sale, but the need for a roomier car with AWD capabilities has arrived. I am the second owner of this adult-owned car. Bought it locally two years ago with 28k miles from a guy who took exceptional care of it, as have I. The car now has a low 49k miles on it: mostly freeway miles as I used it to commute 100+ miles a day between San Francisco and San Jose on I-280. This is a late '98 production car (7/98) and thus has some of the goodies normally found in the '99s such as the 3-spoke steering wheel and side air bags. No accidents, bodywork, or paintwork. Never smoked in. Always hand washed. Always garaged. I myself am a BMWCCA member. Since I've owned it, Phaedrus BMW, a well-reputed independent shop in San Francisco, has performed all the service work except on one occasion when I took it to Dinan Engineering in Mountain View. I have all the paperwork of the car's service history, including that from the original owner. It's never been tracked or autocrossed. The car is completely stock with no aftermarket modifications, ideal for a purist or for a tuner who wants to start with a completely clean slate. The car just had an Oil Service (49k), Inspection II was recently performed in June at 40k miles, and I put on new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s back in February. The tires have about 15k miles on them to date. If you do any research on E36 convertibles, you will learn that the tensioning straps for the top's operation is a common failure mechanism; I have just had the tensioning straps replaced. The car shows signs of normal wear since it is 7 years old, but overall, is exceptionally clean. It is loaded with every option except the automatic transmission. M3s deserve manuals! In fact, M3 convertibles with the 5-spd manual tranny are much more difficult to find as over two-thirds of E36 M3 convertibles sold in the US were equipped with the auto tranny. The car is Cosmos Black with Dove Gray leather interior and includes the following options:

• Power Seats (driver and passenger)
• Heated Seats
• Cruise Control
• On-Board Computer
• Harmon Kardon Premium Sound
• 6-disc CD changer
• 5-spoke Forged Wheels (LTWs)
• Factory Alarm
• Windscreen

In addition, I purchased new black M3 floor mats when I bought the car as the original gray ones were quite worn. Finally, a short comment concerning the wheels: the forged wheels are often called the LTW wheels; they are quite rare and are highly desirable among the M3 enthusiast community. Unfortunately, my only gripe with the original owner was that he was not very good at parallel parking, and so all the wheels show signs of curb rash.

Blue Book value on the car is $24K; given the condition and attributes of this car, I am offering it at $22,500 firm. This is a great find for the person looking for a car like this. You will not find a cleaner 5-spd manual E36 M3 convertible with this low mileage.
Serious inquiries only please. Lowball offers will not be read nor heard. PM me if interested.

Click here for lots of pictures: http://home.comcast.net/~majl. Thanks for looking!
Ads by Google
Old 10-24-2005, 11:36 AM

Dang, no takers yet...

Price reduced to $21,000. This car is exceptionally clean.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:56 AM

Sold!