Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

View Poll Results: M3 or Boxster S
M3 28 82.35%
Boxster S 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I want a 335ci

Send a message via AIM to IceGT Send a message via MSN to IceGT
Mein Auto: B5 Audi A4 2.8Q
I'm just suprised to see how many of you called the boxster the poor mans porsche, I'm sorry to say, but if I am a poor man I will not be spending 71K on a car. I did not know that you guys were so rich that a 71K car is a poor mans car to you. I only wish I had that kind of money to spend on a car, and I can definetly understand someone wanting to buy a porsche, but not wanting to spend 90k+ It is for this reason that the 3 series bmw exsists, and I'm sorry to say, but a lot of people say that the 3 series is the poor mans bmw. I would have no problem driving a boxster, I wish I had the money to make the choice between the two cars. I would most probably choose the m3, but I would not count out the P-car just because it is the poor mans porsche

RIP 328is
RIP 330ci - Current: B5 Audi A4, e39 M5

Old 10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGT
I'm just suprised to see how many of you called the boxster the poor mans porsche, I'm sorry to say, but if I am a poor man I will not be spending 71K on a car. I did not know that you guys were so rich that a 71K car is a poor mans car to you. I only wish I had that kind of money to spend on a car, and I can definetly understand someone wanting to buy a porsche, but not wanting to spend 90k+ It is for this reason that the 3 series bmw exsists, and I'm sorry to say, but a lot of people say that the 3 series is the poor mans bmw. I would have no problem driving a boxster, I wish I had the money to make the choice between the two cars. I would most probably choose the m3, but I would not count out the P-car just because it is the poor mans porsche
I have both a bimmer and a P car, and I am telling you that Boxster is the biggest ripoff, especially if the other contender is the M3.

And actually, I don't think that highly of P cars, with the exception of GT2, GT3, and the Turbo. And no, I don't like the CGT. For that much $$, WHY THE HELL IS IT A CAB.

Oh, and in case you missed my post about why regular 911's and Boxsters suck, they have engines that are unworthy of the P car name. What the hell is this, wet sump 911's?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: '00 328Ci, '05 Mini
Talking

Well, I am SO HAPPY with the M3.

I took delivery Tuesday night (8 P.M.) and I immediately drove the car to Toluca (about 55kms from Mexico City, on a mountain highway) to show the car to a good friend of mine who is also an enthusiast.

Unbelievable. Of course most of you already knew this, but a few highlights that have impressed me greatly:

1. Oh my god this engine is a gem (even below 5,500 rpm - breaking in). I was driving up into the mountains at 160 - 170 kph (~105mph) in FIFTH GEAR with the accelerator pedal not even pushed halfway in. Climbing! At 7,000 ft+ above sea level! The car was just begging for more. Even more impressive, I can drive in traffic at 700-800 RPM (or passing speed bumps) and the engine is just smooth all the way.

2. The handling is incredibly direct. Check this out: I went there with my wife who many times dislikes my driving fast so I usually control myself when with her. This time she didn't say anything and didn't notice the speed because of the incredible stability and solid-feeling of this car. When later I told her the true speed she couldn't believe it. Priceless.

When I got my first E46 (a 323i back in 99) I felt I could never go back to a "regular car". The difference between a regular 3 and the M just overwhelmed me.

This one is a keeper.
Can't wait for the break-in period to end.

I got pics but I can't find my camera USB cable. As soon as I find it I will post them.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to saurav27 Send a message via Yahoo to saurav27
Mein Auto: 2006 E90
Did you got your cable ...?
Post picture's