Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2005, 10:43 AM
BeamerLover BeamerLover is offline
Registered User
Location: Indiana
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 5 Series, X3
Thumbs up NEW '06 M5 for sale!!! Indiana

Commercial post. Edited for content.

Last edited by Bruce; 12-04-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
stream's Avatar
stream stream is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco Bay area
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,940
Mein Auto: '05 545i
Only asking $10,000.00 over sticker...

Thanks for spaming this board with your ...generous...offer of...only...$10K over MSRP.

Even in crazy California, there are cars to be had at MSRP...
__________________
2005 545i - sold

Last edited by stream; 12-04-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:01 PM
BeamerLover BeamerLover is offline
Registered User
Location: Indiana
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 5 Series, X3
I appreciate your comments. Thank you for your insight. Many are going for $25k over MSRP. Again, thank you for your words. Just for your information though, I am trying to help those searching for an M5 by charging less than others are. Always two sides to everything. You may see it as spamming, I see it as helping someone get what they are looking for cheaper than others are offering.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Daeguboy Daeguboy is offline
Registered User
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: Lexus
hmm
__________________
E90 something and soon..

Last edited by Daeguboy; 12-04-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
BmW745On19's's Avatar
BmW745On19's BmW745On19's is offline
Go Gators
Location: Tampa, Florida
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,337
Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
Yeah, M5's are mostly unwanted after all of them were shipped over here and people fell out of the deal at the last second, dealers cant even sell them at MSRP, they are going 2k-10k under msrp just to move them off the lot!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:02 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW745On19's
Yeah, M5's are mostly unwanted after all of them were shipped over here and people fell out of the deal at the last second, dealers cant even sell them at MSRP, they are going 2k-10k under msrp just to move them off the lot!
$2k-10k under MSRP? Are you crazy?

I'll confirm that there definately is a market for this car at $10k over MSRP. While every dealer is free to set its own price, I know for a fact that some people are willing to pay $10k over (or more).

I don't know what market you are in, but it doesn't sound anything like the market up here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Cliff Cliff is offline
TMS
Location: Home
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 9,271
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
$2k-10k under MSRP? Are you crazy?

I'll confirm that there definately is a market for this car at $10k over MSRP. While every dealer is free to set its own price, I know for a fact that some people are willing to pay $10k over (or more).

I don't know what market you are in, but it doesn't sound anything like the market up here.
I'm assuming it was a sarcastic response to what is plainly a commercial post from a non-sponsor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
SARAFIL's Avatar
SARAFIL SARAFIL is offline
I know a thing or two...
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,406
Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
I'm assuming it was a sarcastic response to what is plainly a commercial post from a non-sponsor.
I was actually going to post a response saying that this commercial post wasn't a good idea and that he should remove it, but I decided against it at the last minute.

That said, I was 100% serious about there actually being a market for $10k over on these cars. That post was in response to the really dumb post above it about dealers having to go $10k below MSRP to sell these cars because they are all sitting on the lots.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Cliff Cliff is offline
TMS
Location: Home
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 9,271
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
I was actually going to post a response saying that this commercial post wasn't a good idea and that he should remove it, but I decided against it at the last minute.

That said, I was 100% serious about there actually being a market for $10k over on these cars. That post was in response to the really dumb post above it about dealers having to go $10k below MSRP to sell these cars because they are all sitting on the lots.
I guess I wasn't clear. BmW745On19's response is the one I saw as sarcasm. I am sure people are paying well over MSRP
for any M5's that aren't already spoken for.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 AM
CSBM5 CSBM5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North Carolina
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 270
Mein Auto: 2001 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
I guess I wasn't clear. BmW745On19's response is the one I saw as sarcasm. I am sure people are paying well over MSRP
for any M5's that aren't already spoken for.
Not around here they aren't. Numerous local dealers in NC have M5's in stock and available at MSRP. As of two weeks ago, there were 5 total available on dealer lots waiting for buyers. The number of unsold cars in dealer inventory has been rising substantially every week for the past 3 weeks in the south and east regions. On the M5board there is a thread with all this information. It will be possible to buy one of these under MSRP either now or shortly in the future (words directly from my dealer ).
__________________
Current stable:
2011 M3 Silverstone/Silverstone 6MT
2001 M5 Lemans Blue/Silverstone
2006 330i ZSP 6MT
2001 Audi S4 6MT
1996 Volvo 850R wagon
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Cliff Cliff is offline
TMS
Location: Home
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 9,271
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5
On the M5board there is a thread with all this information.
Do you have a link?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:26 AM
CSBM5 CSBM5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North Carolina
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 270
Mein Auto: 2001 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff3
Do you have a link?
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62835
__________________
Current stable:
2011 M3 Silverstone/Silverstone 6MT
2001 M5 Lemans Blue/Silverstone
2006 330i ZSP 6MT
2001 Audi S4 6MT
1996 Volvo 850R wagon
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Jim in Oregon Jim in Oregon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eugene, Oregon
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 548
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 M3 Coupe
BMW of Eugene has 2 more M5 coming in unsold....that makes 5 M5's since they started arriving. BMW of Eugene sells the M5's at MSRP. So far I've turned down 2 of them already. They keep calling me hoping I'll buy one. The over MSRP won't hold for long....just start checking around for cars, they are out there. My dealer told me there were over 1000 M5's sitting on lots, unsold.

Hope you get some sucker to buy for $10K over....PT Barnham was right!....There's a sucker born every minute.....so that being said, if anyone wants an M5 for only $5K over, let me know. I'll contact BMW of Eugene, buy the car from them and then sell it for $5K over. I suppose you could eliminate the middle man and buy directly from BMW of Eugene for MSRP, but it's more fun paying over MSRP.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
SpeedFreak!'s Avatar
SpeedFreak! SpeedFreak! is offline
Certified Organic Fanatic
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,507
Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Oregon
BMW of Eugene has 2 more M5 coming in unsold....that makes 5 M5's since they started arriving. BMW of Eugene sells the M5's at MSRP. So far I've turned down 2 of them already. They keep calling me hoping I'll buy one. The over MSRP won't hold for long....just start checking around for cars, they are out there. My dealer told me there were over 1000 M5's sitting on lots, unsold.

Hope you get some sucker to buy for $10K over....PT Barnham was right!....There's a sucker born every minute.....so that being said, if anyone wants an M5 for only $5K over, let me know. I'll contact BMW of Eugene, buy the car from them and then sell it for $5K over. I suppose you could eliminate the middle man and buy directly from BMW of Eugene for MSRP, but it's more fun paying over MSRP.

Either YOU or your dealer is full of sh!t. There are currently 47 available M5s in status 3 inventory... with 23 in status 2 "Dealer Use" status. Far from thousands as you and so many others are trying to claim.

If your in a sh!ty market... or have been sitting on a M5 list for the last several years... then you could get one at or near MSRP. BUT... there are and will be people paying $10-30k over sticker for some time. Just wait until the M6 comes out... they could go for $50k over.

It is the law of supply and demand. It has nothing to do with being a sucker. Get over yourself. Some people find their time more valuable then searching the globe for what they want and they are willing to pay what their market dictates. Simple as that.

As for those of you that are actually delusional enough to think that you will be able to buy an M5 for under MSRP... on a regular basis... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Of course there will be the exceptions to the rule... but I can tell you that I know of several dealerships in SoCal that NEVER sold a single M5 (previous gen) for a penny under MSRP.
__________________

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Jim in Oregon Jim in Oregon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Eugene, Oregon
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 548
Mein Auto: 2009 E92 M3 Coupe
Fine....you are right....I'm full of it, I guess. Funny I had no trouble buying 3 new E46 M3's and a new E39 M5 for invoice + $2K in the last 3 years...all from BMW of Eugene. If the So Cal people have lots of money to burn and can't waste their time searching for a car, then more power to them and more power to the dealers. I figure $8K normal profit on an M5 and then $30K over...*****, I think I'll come out of retirement and just sell M5's...he he


I'm jealous of all those So Cal rich people.....at least I'll never run into them when I'm shopping at Walmart.....he he.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-06-2005, 11:51 PM
SpeedFreak!'s Avatar
SpeedFreak! SpeedFreak! is offline
Certified Organic Fanatic
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,507
Send a message via AIM to SpeedFreak!
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ZHP & 2005 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Oregon
Fine....you are right....I'm full of it, I guess. Funny I had no trouble buying 3 new E46 M3's and a new E39 M5 for invoice + $2K in the last 3 years...all from BMW of Eugene. If the So Cal people have lots of money to burn and can't waste their time searching for a car, then more power to them and more power to the dealers. I figure $8K normal profit on an M5 and then $30K over...*****, I think I'll come out of retirement and just sell M5's...he he


I'm jealous of all those So Cal rich people.....at least I'll never run into them when I'm shopping at Walmart.....he he.

Like I said... sh!ty market. Be happy... if the people from SoCal spent the time and energy to go up there and buy their M cars... you would no longer get these "great deals" because your market would no longer be sh!ty.
__________________

Yeah... so I'm a junkie. Isn't that Step One?!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Strom Strom is offline
Registered User
Location: Downtown LA/ Orange County
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: E46 USTCC, E30 M3 JS
Just took delivery of my M5 Sunday. While I do live in SoCal I definately wasn't willing to pay over MSRP so I ended up buying it from Markel in Nebraska. Same place I got my E46 M3 3 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-07-2005, 08:11 PM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,650
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
M5's are very sweet rides.

No shame in paying MSRP or a little more for these fine gems.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car and Driver Jan 06 M5 comparison w/CLS55 AMG and STS-V BimmerGuyFL E60 M5 (2006 - 2010) 4 12-17-2005 12:56 PM
Car and driver Jan 06 M5 comparison BimmerGuyFL E60 (2004 - 2010) 1 12-02-2005 07:55 PM
I drove the '06 E60 M5 on the track... Emission General BMW 26 12-01-2005 11:53 AM
M5 Official Press Release Emission M Series 2 07-12-2004 10:43 PM
AC Schnitzer adjustable suspension Alex Baumann General BMW 1 04-05-2002 10:33 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms