2011 328xi sport wheel tire size? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:21 AM
crzrbmw crzrbmw is offline
Registered User
Location: Casper,WY
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: 01' 330i
2011 328xi sport wheel tire size?

Looking at a 2011 328xi I found online that states it has the sport package so I'm guessing it has staggered wheels. Do I need to run different sized tires front and rear or can I run 225/45-17's front and rear?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:40 AM
jat335i jat335i is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Tampa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 666
Mein Auto: 2010 335i
For that model year 2011 328xi Sedan/Wagon (No coupe), there is a Sport Package and a Sport Package with staggered tires. Since it only says 'Sport Package', then they are not staggered tires.
You would need to check the VIN# using a BMW decoder https://www.bmwvin.com/ to verify if has the Sport Package or the Sport Package with staggered tires.
__________________
JT

2010 BMW 335i
Monaco Blue Metallic
Premium+Sport Package
Auto/STEPTRONIC
COBB Stage 2, K&N, BMW Performance Exhaust



2005 Mustang GT
Redfire Metallic
5-spd
Ford Racing silver Bullitt wheels
Ford Racing Axle-back GTAs
Diablosport Predator
K&N CAI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2046852

1997 Toyota Corolla
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237714

1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2017, 06:56 PM
crzrbmw crzrbmw is offline
Registered User
Location: Casper,WY
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 20
Mein Auto: 01' 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jat335i View Post
For that model year 2011 328xi Sedan/Wagon (No coupe), there is a Sport Package and a Sport Package with staggered tires. Since it only says 'Sport Package', then they are not staggered tires.
You would need to check the VIN# using a BMW decoder https://www.bmwvin.com/ to verify if has the Sport Package or the Sport Package with staggered tires.
Thanks. The only thing it mentions about wheels is S2KUA BMW LA wheel, V-spoke 285 so I'm guessing they're not staggered wheels and tires.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:32 PM
STR8-6IX STR8-6IX is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 96
Mein Auto: 2011 535i, 2009 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzrbmw View Post
Thanks. The only thing it mentions about wheels is S2KUA BMW LA wheel, V-spoke 285 so I'm guessing they're not staggered wheels and tires.
those are some beautiful wheels, not going to lie. I reccomend going 235/45r17 all around. get the michellin pilot sport 4S

Last edited by STR8-6IX; 12-07-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 AM
floydarogers's Avatar
floydarogers floydarogers is offline
Pedant and Curmudgeon
Location: Renton, WA
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,700
Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzrbmw View Post
Looking at a 2011 328xi I found online that states it has the sport package so I'm guessing it has staggered wheels. Do I need to run different sized tires front and rear or can I run 225/45-17's front and rear?
You can run the same size all round. The rears may look strange - if staggared the rear wheels will be (typically) a bit wider so the 225 will be stretched on them.

The 235/35 size that someone recommended is too small. Let tirerack.com select a wider size (if you want wider than 225) as it will get the profile correct.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 AM
STR8-6IX STR8-6IX is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 96
Mein Auto: 2011 535i, 2009 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
You can run the same size all round. The rears may look strange - if staggared the rear wheels will be (typically) a bit wider so the 225 will be stretched on them.

The 235/35 size that someone recommended is too small. Let tirerack.com select a wider size (if you want wider than 225) as it will get the profile correct.
my mistake, I meant 235/45/17 I will correct that now.

225/235 is the optimal tire width or an 8" rim. you really do not want to go past 245 in this case, it will "balloon" over the rim.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.