Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Account closed at user's request.

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman
what DOES bo-ma-win mean?
i think it has something to do with bo derek driving a convertible six series
Old 11-22-2005, 08:24 AM
AMV Roady

Mein Auto: F01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
Malibu-

It seems that there is always a Cold war going on in the neighborhood when it comes to
automobiles!

My next door neighbor told my wife that I was being *reckless* with our money when I bought our 6'er. My wife did ask "is this a FAMILY car?"

Is it because they drive one of those REDUNDANT Lexus RX 330's SUV's that EVERY Soccer Mom and dad in SO Cal seems to drive??

Every home in this development is up $300K in the last 19 months, So I say to Karen, my neighbor after a few glasses of wine, "You know how you and your Hubby like to go to France every 3 months, well my Sixer is like your trips to France, extravagant but well within the budget!"

I park it in my driveway as ofetn as possible, always immacculate, I know it p*** her off, but it is great fun.

I have another neighbor down the street, he is a young Doctor (32) with some real nice rides a Porsche GT2 and a 2002 M5, he used to rattle on and on about his rides and I would listen intently, now when I pull up he does not want to talk as much. Whats the matter NOW that I have a supercar TOO, we are not friends anymore???"

The funniest guy is another neighbor who drives a tricked out, but very nice Hummer. This guy did not know my name or never really even said hello, but after he saw my 6'er with the top down, he is my BEST FRIEND! "hey HOW YA Doin'?? Where is that beautiful CAR??

Ahh the price of fame....

For all you that are appalled at my post, well here in SoCal thats just the way it is, superficial and shallow just the way I like it!

Cheers-
Skylar's Dad
Old 11-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Out of your league...

Happy-

Go back to the 3 Series Forum where you belong.

You need to trade in that 3 Series before you may reply in
this forum. It must be lonely up there in the Mountains!

Cheers-
SD
Old 11-26-2005, 09:03 AM
AMV Roady

Quote:
Happy-

Go back to the 3 Series Forum where you belong.

You need to trade in that 3 Series before you may reply in
this forum. It must be lonely up there in the Mountains!

Cheers-
SD
Hey SD, thanks for the You just made my case for why I live up in the mountains, away from all the glorified baboons that live in the OC.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:16 AM
Living a dream!

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Back to the original post...

The odds of another 6 series convertible parking next to you are nearly twice as great as another coupe parking next to me. (based on sales statistics)
Old 11-27-2005, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto:
The OC

Happy-

You do have a point about The OC, it is pretty freakin' pretentious around here
and maybe it brings out the worst in me at times , but there is nothing like
cruising down Pacfic Coast Highway with the topdown right through Corona
del Mar on the way to Laguna Beach...especially in a new 6er

I wouldn't have blasted you, but the thought of some guy with a 3 series from
Mammoth trying to rain on my parade was a little irritating. I am sure that you
are a nice guy and all and someday you WILL be able to drive a 6 series but in the
mean time try to play nice.

Cheers-
SD
Old 11-27-2005, 02:16 PM
AMV Roady

Quote:
Happy-

You do have a point about The OC, it is pretty freakin' pretentious around here
and maybe it brings out the worst in me at times , but there is nothing like
cruising down Pacfic Coast Highway with the topdown right through Corona
del Mar on the way to Laguna Beach...especially in a new 6er

I wouldn't have blasted you, but the thought of some guy with a 3 series from
Mammoth trying to rain on my parade was a little irritating. I am sure that you
are a nice guy and all and someday you WILL be able to drive a 6 series but in the
mean time try to play nice.

Cheers
SD
When I read quotes like: "The thought of some guy with a 3 series trying to rain on my parade" - coming from a fellow BMW fan and one that shares this board, it leads me to believe that you look down on people that drive 3 series cars. We are low-class to you because we don't drive a more expensive 6er. Come-on SD, you're letting the OC get to you. What if I looked at 6ers before and chose the 3ci because I loved the lines, the overall ride was better and I did'nt need a V8.

Your other quote: "Someday you WILL be able to drive a 6 series" - There is no way I would want to drive one of the ugliest coupes on the road. The back half of that car falls completely apart from the design standpoint. From the rear quarter back to the trunk lid, the side view is simply pitiful. No dis-respect intended though, I know you love your 6er and rightly so. JMHO.

I'll give you this, you are right-on about "There is nothing like cruising down PCH with the topdown, heading towards Laguna" - I don't get to do that very often but when I'm down south, I'm right there with ya in my 3er with pride and the sunroof open

Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto:
Happy-

Fair enough! the 3'er is a beautiful car and handles like no other, I was just being a little bit of a jerk I am a fellow BMW lover as well, even though this is only my third ("04 X5-wifeys and a 325IS in '93) I do understand I was a little out of line

Have a good night!

SD
Old 11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
AMV Roady

Quote:
Happy-

Fair enough! the 3'er is a beautiful car and handles like no other, I was just being a little bit of a jerk I am a fellow BMW lover as well, even though this is only my third ("04 X5-wifeys and a 325IS in '93) I do understand I was a little out of line

Have a good night!

SD
SD, no harm no foul. A good debate over issues, even though they get a little off-topic once in awhile, is one of the great things about this board. We can all eachother a little in good fun, then get back to what we love to do; Talk about BMR's

If I'm down on PCH in the OC sometime and I come across a white 645cic w/top down and chrome wheels, I'll give you a There can't be too many of those around that part of So-Cal eh?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 645 Cic
I've been in Mammoth, and the 6 or 3 would be equally happy there, crusing around the roads to Devil's Postpile (in the summer of course) and enjoying the mountainous roads. Then the drive either up to and through the San Jaoquin Valley or down 395 through Bishop (and Schatt's Bakkery) can be equally fun.

Crusing the PCH isn't nearly as fun as all the traffic lights take away some of the mystique. But up near Paso Robles and San Simeon, there is some fun driving (north of where 46 joins the PCH).
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 AM
AMV Roady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
For the last month a parking lot next door neighbor has been parking her brand new 750Li right across from me. She got it a few days before I got the 650i. (She had the new Jag sedan and loved it, but after it was in the shop for 40 straight days she and her husband had it bought back as a lemon.)

I pull in yesterday in the 650i to park in my spot and the 750Li has been replaced by a silver 650i with a black top. It has Steptronic and the Sports package from my walk around it.

So I go upstairs to ask my neighbor (she also works on my floor in advertising) what gives. Her husband, she says, got the "first one" and he wanted her to drive it. Ordered it in July (like I did). I questioned her closely on this, as I was supposed to get the first one. (Me or GeneArch, anyway.) I don't know how she missed seeing mine, but remember, she's a woman.

It came in last month on the Orion Diamond, she says. Yes, I said, that came in on October 15/6. When did you take delivery? Oh, she says, there was a computer malfunction of some kind at the VPC - you know, up in Oxnard - and all the 650is were held up a week. Well, that's what her dealer (Valencia BMW) is telling her.

Any problems? I ask. The CD player in the glove compartment ate a CD and wouldn't eject it, so the CD player was replaced, and that required the iDrive to be re-loaded. Did it while they waited. But that's about it.

I don't know what I need you guys for any more. I've got another 650i parking right next to me. What are the odds??
I'd say the odds are low (chances are very good) that a 650 is parked parked right next to you, especially in So. Cal. There are 6's all over the place and I've seen a few 650's over Thanksgiving weekend around Brentwood alone. If you want a car that is unique and hard to find, you should have done the Aston Marton Vantage V-8. You could have dropped another 20K and you would'nt even be writing this up. I know 6's turn heads, but the Aston is in a league of it's own
Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGilmore
I'd say the odds are low (chances are very good) that a 650 is parked parked right next to you, especially in So. Cal. There are 6's all over the place and I've seen a few 650's over Thanksgiving weekend around Brentwood alone. If you want a car that is unique and hard to find, you should have done the Aston Marton Vantage V-8. You could have dropped another 20K and you would'nt even be writing this up. I know 6's turn heads, but the Aston is in a league of it's own
As Beewang will attest, I park in a very fancy building. (He used to be there.) In addition to the other 650i convertible is a new Roller Phantom, several Bentley GTs, a couple of SL65s, a Vanquish and many Ferraris.

So I am actually at the low end of the parking lot, but I don't mind at all.