Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Wishlist for 7er - add your feature request here.

I started this a while back: http://camel.ethereal.net/~jkb/wishlist.txt

if you got a feature request not on the above list, let me know - i'll add it.
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Ads by Google
Old 11-18-2005, 04:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 LS430 2004 Armada
How about having the garage door opener work without the car running.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
Very helpful indeed, let's hope BMW gets to take a look at the sheet.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: 745IL
WOW .. impresive list .. if my 745 had all those options ... it would really be the most techonogycally advance car... casuse i read somewhre that the new S-class is the most advance car in the world..
Old 11-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
2 Nav suggestions:

1. Way to input Zip code so you can avoid inputting city and state.

2. Easier way to input traffic jams for re-routing. MBZ COMAND system has it.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: Cadillac
I wish.....

.....I had Bluetooth in my 2003 745LI.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 745i
How about a manual override for the dimness of the mirrors at night. Last night in the rain, I was blinded by the cars behind me. It was as if the auto-dim wasn't working. When it's not raining, I don't seem to have this problem...(sorry for the cross-post)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest!

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li Euro Delivery
Features

1)The ability to update the software faster so that it took 15 minutes.
2) Make the i-Drive button less firm when pressing on it
3) popout keyboard for navigation system just like the phone keyboard
4) The ability to disconnect bluetooth phone fast if a private call comes in when there are passengers in the car who should not listen into the conversation
5) rear camera for reverse like in all the other cars
6) make the car entertainment system come back to the last heared device, so that if you turned off the switch with CD playing, when you come back to the car you will not hear the weather band or AM radio
7) Keyless entry system requires to pull the handle several times until it works - intermittently, also the pressing of the door handle to close the car keyless entry system when you leave is too hard to press.
8) allow the CD changer to use DVD's to play MP3 songs
9)Allow the single CD player play MP3 songs
10) play DVD audio surround
11)on the remote control make the trunk button the bottom one
12) put a lock on the glove compartment
13) DO NOT USE CHEAP PLASTIC PARTS for the inner ceiling, use velvet leather like on the 760. it is very appealing
14) put laser cruise control as standard feature, for gods sake my wifes Toyota sienna has that feature standard on her XLE Limited
15)remove i-drive from rear entertainment system and make it a $800 option
16) in the rear seats, do not put the heated seat buttons on the retractable handstand, if it is in the up position one can not heat the seats
17) put a real pressure in PSI gauge for the tires monitor, and post the correct pressure that does not ruin the tires.
18) make the side mirrors retractable like in the old 2001 7 series.
19)make Satellite Radio part of the premium package, everyone should have it.
20) Get rid of the CHEAP PLASTIC silver straps on the doors, and use wood instread.
21) put a net in the trunk as standard option, the old 7 had it...
22) ......

need I post more? BMW should pay me to go on.....

I am ordering the new 2007 S class December or January production and selling my BMW

Last edited by 2006_750Li_ED; 11-22-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:42 AM
what?

Mein Auto: e65

Mine does that...its an 02

If i have the Cd player on then turn it off, next day i start the car and turn the system back on it goes to whatever track the CD was playing

the newer model's have cd changers that read mp3's. come on man thats over 200 songs per CD you can listen to. 6 cd's thats 1200 songs.

Last edited by jacksprat; 11-23-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksprat

Mine does that...its an 02

If i have the Cd player on then turn it off, next day i start the car and turn the system back on it goes to whatever track the CD was playing

the newer model's have cd changers that read mp3's. come on man thats over 200 songs per CD you can listen to. 6 cd's thats 1200 songs.
My car is suppose to do that too, however some days it does not and if it does not work i want to add it to the list as a desired working feature.

RE MP3, a CD will hold only 120 songs, not 200, but a DVD will hold 700 songs, an iPOD will hold several thousands of songs, so desiring a DVD MP3 player will allow DVD Audio, which is much higher quality with surround.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: San Diego, CA
Emulate Toyota or Honda navigation software interface

OK, I'll be the first to admit that a Toyota can't hold a candle to our 750, but I do love the navigation interface on our 2006 Toyota Sienna. I can live with the physical idrive interface. I just wish the BMW navigation software was as friendly and intuitive as the Toyota's navigation software. Specific areas where Toyota is better, IMHO:

1) allow input of a destination by phone number. Many business phone numbers are in the BMW navigation database. Why can't we search the database by phone number?

2) better catagories and selection of Points of Interest (a Toyota term). The Toyota is much easier to find a bank, gas station, Home Depot, etc. And the Toyota seems to have a much more extensive list of businesses.

3) show the name of the current street on the navigation screen

4) Toyota graphics for exits and intersections are much better, make use of the right side of the lcd display for these enhanced intersection/exit ramp graphics.

5) better selection of alternative routes. Toyota quickly gives you 3 to choose from.

I'm not asking them to redesign a whole new car, just a few software enhancements!
Old 11-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_750Li_ED
My car is suppose to do that too, however some days it does not and if it does not work i want to add it to the list as a desired working feature..
should be fixed in CIP 19.2 - do you have 19.2? it just came out about a month ago. also ads street names for perspective nav view, bluetooth "pairing" button in iDrive, etc..

Quote:
RE MP3, a CD will hold only 120 songs, not 200, but a DVD will hold 700 songs, an iPOD will hold several thousands of songs, so desiring a DVD MP3 player will allow DVD Audio, which is much higher quality with surround.
doesn't matter if its DVD, CD or whatever - with MP3s its all about bit rating and what equipment you use to burn you CDs.

going through 700 songs will be crazy and very distractive to driving unless a better interface is created [oh wait, there is one - iPod ]
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.

Last edited by jkb; 11-28-2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2
How about a manual override for the dimness of the mirrors at night. Last night in the rain, I was blinded by the cars behind me. It was as if the auto-dim wasn't working. When it's not raining, I don't seem to have this problem...(sorry for the cross-post)
1] make sure there is no dirt/grease on the dimness sensor.
2] do you have power rear shade? its standard - isn't it? use it - it helps with getting blinded at night
3] could be broken dimness sensor. ask your dealer to check it out if your car still under warranty.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
1)The ability to update the software faster so that it took 15 minutes.
2) Make the i-Drive button less firm when pressing on it
eat bigger breakfast. you dont want it too sensitive now, do you?

Quote:
3) popout keyboard for navigation system just like the phone keyboard
officer, i am sorry i didn't see him - i was typing.

yeah, good one. BMW legal will get on this feature right away

Quote:
4) The ability to disconnect bluetooth phone fast if a private call comes in when there are passengers in the car who should not listen into the conversation
silence the ring and call the person back. also, turning off bluetooth is simple slide of the iDrive and a few turns.

Quote:
5) rear camera for reverse like in all the other cars
6) make the car entertainment system come back to the last heared device, so that if you turned off the switch with CD playing, when you come back to the car you will not hear the weather band or AM radio
7) Keyless entry system requires to pull the handle several times until it works - intermittently,
9,000 miles last night and not a single keyless entry problem.

Quote:
also the pressing of the door handle to close the car keyless entry system when you leave is too hard to press.
see above about eating bigger breakfast. also consider gym membership :P

Quote:
8) allow the CD changer to use DVD's to play MP3 songs
9)Allow the single CD player play MP3 songs
10) play DVD audio surround
11)on the remote control make the trunk button the bottom one
12) put a lock on the glove compartment
13) DO NOT USE CHEAP PLASTIC PARTS for the inner ceiling, use velvet leather like on the 760. it is very appealing
14) put laser cruise control as standard feature, for gods sake my wifes Toyota sienna has that feature standard on her XLE Limited
15)remove i-drive from rear entertainment system and make it a $800 option
16) in the rear seats, do not put the heated seat buttons on the retractable handstand, if it is in the up position one can not heat the seats
they didn't tell you 7er is really a 4 person car when you bought it? oh my...

Quote:
17) put a real pressure in PSI gauge for the tires monitor, and post the correct pressure that does not ruin the tires.
get a good tire gauge and use it to check pressure manually every few days. its your best bet.

Quote:
18) make the side mirrors retractable like in the old 2001 7 series.
optional in europe. not going to make it to North America.

Quote:
19)make Satellite Radio part of the premium package, everyone should have it.
hello. this is everyone. please dont speak for us.

Quote:
20) Get rid of the CHEAP PLASTIC silver straps on the doors, and use wood instread.
21) put a net in the trunk as standard option, the old 7 had it...
22) ......

need I post more? BMW should pay me to go on.....
yeah, especially for the "keyboard" one with special bonus from BMW NA Legal team

Quote:
I am ordering the new 2007 S class December or January production and selling my BMW
good luck. no really, good luck - you are going to need it. with that much technology inside the car i wouldn't take a first year MBZ or BMW or Audi for half the price.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
xenon fog lights
Old 12-03-2005, 05:39 PM

to YAN 745

The points that I have posted are very valid, the car already has a very uncomfortable way to enter street names and numbers, which would take a much longer distraction to do than click a few keys.
Just because you do not care to be without your car for 3 days when it undergoes a software update... speak for yourself.
The Satellite radio is a great feature, and should come for free with premium sound, it costs $35-75 to get a Satellite Radio receiver at Radioshack, why should BMW charge $600?

regardless of that, everyone can put whatever they wish on their wish list, if you have a problem with it keep your nasty rude comments to yourself, you are NOT everyone. comments like yours are what drives people away from this board, but since you think you are everyone perhaps all the other nick names are yours and you have a multiple personality.

RE S550, I agree with the risk involved, however, again 1/2 the price? good luck. I will buy this car through European delivery, drive it for 6 months and sell it for what I paid for it, I see no risk in that.