Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2005, 06:43 AM
jordan2tre jordan2tre is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: 650i
Certified Preowned 645ci

Debating getting a 05 645ci certified preowned for cost savings over the new 650i.
I know the 650i has better numbers, etc but think the 645 is adequate for me especially for the money saved. I figure the 650 goes for around sticker here in Soouthern Cali and I've seen some advertised 645ci from dealers for around 69k with fairly low miles. I'm sure they can even go a little lower with the new 650i rolling in.

Can any CPO owners share how their experiences so far with their cars? Alot of problems?
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 11-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Surdy Surdy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 186
Mein Auto: 650i. 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
Debating getting a 05 645ci certified preowned for cost savings over the new 650i.
I know the 650i has better numbers, etc but think the 645 is adequate for me especially for the money saved. I figure the 650 goes for around sticker here in Soouthern Cali and I've seen some advertised 645ci from dealers for around 69k with fairly low miles. I'm sure they can even go a little lower with the new 650i rolling in.

Can any CPO owners share how their experiences so far with their cars? Alot of problems?
If you talking of real #s like in $$$$, you can save quite a bit. I was offered a new 645i for 70k and the money factor was quite low. BMW must be subsidizing the lease rate. But I changed my mind and went for ED and a 650i.
__________________
650i->ED-Mineral Silver-Black with Ruthenium-HUD-Sport-Logic7-Ceramic Tint
535xi->Metallic Black/Black. Sport- Premium- CWP- Nav- HUD- Comfort Access- L7- PDC- Sat- Ipod- Shades- 18" Style 124 wheels/RFT.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:15 AM
jordan2tre jordan2tre is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: 650i
what was the sticker on that new 645?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Surdy Surdy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 186
Mein Auto: 650i. 535xi
it was $76,845 including Destination & del. It had Sport, Cold, Premium on it.
__________________
650i->ED-Mineral Silver-Black with Ruthenium-HUD-Sport-Logic7-Ceramic Tint
535xi->Metallic Black/Black. Sport- Premium- CWP- Nav- HUD- Comfort Access- L7- PDC- Sat- Ipod- Shades- 18" Style 124 wheels/RFT.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-25-2005, 09:23 AM
INTREPID INTREPID is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: "Marc" from Juno Beach, FL
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 185
Mein Auto: 2014 435i xDrive Coupe
I thought about the same thing before I got the 650i. For only a few thousand more you can get the new 650i with a larger engine and other minor improvements. You also won't be purchasing into a discontinued model (resale value higher on 650i).
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-25-2005, 09:26 AM
BayAreaBMWFan BayAreaBMWFan is offline
Back in California
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,247
Mein Auto: '11 528; '09 Odyssey
I would not by a used car for just 20% less than the sticker for a new higher powered car. The difference will be made up quite soon. OTOH, if the 6yr/100K warranty makes sense for you and you want to keep the car for a long time, you should look at the CPO. Does the 650 get the ED discount?
If it does it is a no brainer.
__________________
2011 528 Black/Black ZPP ZP2 BMW Apps
2005 330Ci SparkGraphite/Gray Retired ZHP, Step, Nav, Xenon, Heated Seats, PDC
2007 X3 3.0si AlpiWhite/Tobacco ED Retired Step, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, PDC, Nav, Xenon, Privacy Glass, Servotronic, Cargo Net
2002 745Li Slate Green Metallic/Beige Retired; Perfect baby-hauler
2006 525 TiAg/Black Retired; nice but not an E39
2004 3.0 Z4 Black/Black/Black SMG Retired but not forgotten...
2003 525iA TiAg/Gray Retired; Long live the King of all Bimmers, the E39
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
jordan2tre jordan2tre is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: 650i
I'm willing to get a certified preowned 645ci but it would have to be some substantial cost savings to account not only for the preowned aspect but also the change in model/engine of 650i.

Just to keep it simple, let's say I'm looking at a 650i with 75k sticker. Do you think it's possible to get a similar equipped 2005 CPO 645ci with under 10k miles for 55k ?
From what you're saying, your dealer offers a new 2005 645ci for 70k which probably isn't worth it for me.

I've looked at ebay, autotrader, LA times and really don't see anything that low. Anyone with experience buying a certified preowned? What should I expect to pay?

We're getting an SUV next year so don't want to break the bank on just one vehicle, otherwise would go for 650i in heartbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,975
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
I'm willing to get a certified preowned 645ci but it would have to be some substantial cost savings to account not only for the preowned aspect but also the change in model/engine of 650i.

Just to keep it simple, let's say I'm looking at a 650i with 75k sticker. Do you think it's possible to get a similar equipped 2005 CPO 645ci with under 10k miles for 55k ?
From what you're saying, your dealer offers a new 2005 645ci for 70k which probably isn't worth it for me.

I've looked at ebay, autotrader, LA times and really don't see anything that low. Anyone with experience buying a certified preowned? What should I expect to pay?

We're getting an SUV next year so don't want to break the bank on just one vehicle, otherwise would go for 650i in heartbeat.
Jordan - It looks like you're still looking since your post last May:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
I'm trying to get an idea of price for 04 or 05 645ci coupe certified preowned here in southern california. Low mileage. Could someone give me an idea of what they paid and what the original sticker was?

I'm on the fence between getting a preowned or new 645ci later this fall/winter when the 650ci comes out vs waiting a little longer to save up for a new 650ci. I know of the obvious difference in performance but 645 may be adequate for me especially if the money is right.
Time to stop looking and start buying, isn't it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Surdy Surdy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: AZ
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 186
Mein Auto: 650i. 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaBMWFan
........... Does the 650 get the ED discount?
If it does it is a no brainer.
I know, for me it was with the ED discount.
__________________
650i->ED-Mineral Silver-Black with Ruthenium-HUD-Sport-Logic7-Ceramic Tint
535xi->Metallic Black/Black. Sport- Premium- CWP- Nav- HUD- Comfort Access- L7- PDC- Sat- Ipod- Shades- 18" Style 124 wheels/RFT.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2005, 10:52 PM
jordan2tre jordan2tre is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: 650i
The holdup is because my wife's car was in an accident and deemed "totalled".
Thus we are getting small SUV, most likely X3 or 5. If it wasn't for that, would have got it by now but now need to save a little.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,975
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
The holdup is because my wife's car was in an accident and deemed "totalled".
Thus we are getting small SUV, most likely X3 or 5. If it wasn't for that, would have got it by now but now need to save a little.
I would have thought insurance would help and you'd be able to get that 6er by now. You've waited so long I'd go with the bigger engined car. But if you're not paying cash interest rates have by now gone way, way up. Too bad.

Last edited by Malibubimmer; 11-25-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-26-2005, 07:25 AM
jordan2tre jordan2tre is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: 650i
Insurance certainly helps but her car was already 4-5 years old. To get an x3 or 5, we're still looking at additional 25-35k for a new one so that certainly doesn't help when it happens unexpectedly. Thanks for the advice anyways.

We've decided on a jet black coupe. Also considering ED.

By the way, where did you get your 650i in LA? Any dealer exceptional?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2005, 03:18 AM
GeneArch's Avatar
GeneArch GeneArch is offline
Living a dream!
Location: So.Cal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,729
Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
Insurance certainly helps but her car was already 4-5 years old. To get an x3 or 5, we're still looking at additional 25-35k for a new one so that certainly doesn't help when it happens unexpectedly. Thanks for the advice anyways.

We've decided on a jet black coupe. Also considering ED.

By the way, where did you get your 650i in LA? Any dealer exceptional?
Mine came a little north of LA in Camarillo. Steve Thomas BMW. So far, they have exceeded my expectations.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,975
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2tre
Insurance certainly helps but her car was already 4-5 years old. To get an x3 or 5, we're still looking at additional 25-35k for a new one so that certainly doesn't help when it happens unexpectedly. Thanks for the advice anyways.

We've decided on a jet black coupe. Also considering ED.

By the way, where did you get your 650i in LA? Any dealer exceptional?
Bob Smith BMW in Calabasas delivered mine. They've done a good job. This is my third BMW from that dealership. (Salesman: Paul DelGatto.) They have had several 650is for sale in the past 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why this car is not certified? BavarianDoc Ask-A-Dealer 5 11-21-2005 08:29 AM
645ci preowned vs new 650ci jordan2tre 7 Series / 8 Series 0 05-15-2005 09:29 AM
330i pre-owned certified... can't keep tires? J Crew E46 (1999 - 2006) 18 03-18-2005 10:26 AM
An article on the 645Ci London Talking 7 Series / 8 Series 0 11-03-2003 05:57 AM
how can I learn more about a preowned bimmer? ///M3 Wes Regional Forums 12 10-11-2002 12:15 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms