Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 11-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
BMW Z4 Coupe Will Be Out In June 2006. M Coupe Returns

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW Z4 COUPE WILL BE OUT IN JUNE 2006. M COUPE RETURNS
11/22/2005

Munich. Following strong consumer reaction to the concept Z4 Coupe at the 2005 Frankfurt and Tokyo Auto Shows, BMW has confirmed that both the Z4 Coupe and an M version, the M Coupe will enter series production.
Visitors in Frankfurt and Tokyo were captivated by the carís stylish body with its unique silken matte finish, tailored in the very best style of a classic sports coupe. While the driving dynamics potential of the vehicle was clear in its strong, purposeful lines, equally appealing to visitors was the striking interior design.

To be produced in Spartanburg, S.C., the first vehicles will be delivered to customers as early as June 2006.

The proven 255 horsepower (U.S. SAE net) in-line 6-cylinder engine with its high output and lightweight magnesium and aluminum construction promises superior agility and high performance. It not only catapults the Z4 Coupe to the top of the international competitive field but is also demonstrates the enormous performance capacity of the fundamental BMW Z4 Roadster concept Ė which forms the basis of the coupe.

BMW is also working to produce a high-end variation as quickly as possible and the result will be the return of the M Coupe, based on the new Z4 Coupe. Powered by the exciting 3.2-liter high-rpm engine, familiar from the BMW M3 and winner of many international awards, it will also come out in June 2006.

More detailed information on the BMW Z4 Coupe and Z4 M Coupe will follow in early 2006.

This article has been viewed 174992 times.