Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 09-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745i
Well, Jon, nice try but...

the E65 haters on this board are worse than on the Roadfly board. Case in point, this "poll" posted by one Holden, and the torrent of anti-E65 bile it unleashed.

Douesn't look like this board is doing so good at bringing the BMW community together...

I'm outa here!
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2002, 06:48 PM
round -n- shiney

Send a message via ICQ to rost12 Send a message via MSN to rost12
Mein Auto: m5, 911

C'mon, at least local haters can spell and all

But I agree, community is not a familiar concept for some.
I don't like the way E36's look but I don't jump at every single opportunity to trash them

Oh well. Keep on driving.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:56 PM
TD

Mein Auto:
A- If you E65ers are so weak in your convictions and that thin-skinned, well, I wonder how you ever came to be able to afford such a car. Stand by your decisions and your taste.

B- The poll was not for you. MANY people hated the looks of the E65 upon first seeing it. I was asking if they still felt that way.

C- Jon has done a wonderful thing re: this board and his continued support of the BMW community. Do not disparage Jon for your hypersensitivity.

If something as innocuous as that poll can run you off, bye!
Old 09-25-2002, 07:07 PM
round -n- shiney

Old 09-26-2002, 07:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally posted by rost12
Holden is right on this one.

There have been many disparaging remarks about the "facelift" that my E46 has and I'm still here. Bottom line is *I* need to like my car. I really don't care about anyone else.

A community does not need to agree on everything. As a matter of fact, I am thankful that we don't. How boring would it be here if we did? Jon has done a great job with giving us a quality environment to acquire information as well as vent.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Re: Well, Jon, nice try but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Barnacle Bill
the E65 haters on this board are worse than on the Roadfly board. Case in point, this "poll" posted by one Holden, and the torrent of anti-E65 bile it unleashed.

Douesn't look like this board is doing so good at bringing the BMW community together...

I'm outa here!
No worries, your not the first to leave because of TD/Holden. Oh, and by the way, you must be obessed with him now...
Old 09-26-2002, 10:16 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Re: Re: Well, Jon, nice try but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ripsnort

No worries, your not the first to leave because of TD/Holden.
I wish YOU would.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:28 AM
Rest in peace, Coach

Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally posted by Holden
[B]snip...

B- The poll was not for you. MANY people hated the looks of the E65 upon first seeing it. I was asking if they still felt that way.

...snip
I thought that poll was better suited for the GENERAL board, if it wasn't intended for owner's of the E65.

Admin should have moved that to the general board if it indeed wasn't intended for the E65 owners AND if it was indeed generating that sort of hate/flame toward the E65. Just my 2 cents.
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:30 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by The HACK

I thought that poll was better suited for the GENERAL board, if it wasn't intended for owner's of the E65.

Admin should have moved that to the general board if it indeed wasn't intended for the E65 owners AND if it was indeed generating that sort of hate/flame toward the E65. Just my 2 cents.
Move it to the Flame Board for all I care. As I view the board using "View New Postts", I consider the breakout of posts into sub-boards to be arbitrary anyway.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:37 AM
Rest in peace, Coach

Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally posted by TD

Move it to the Flame Board for all I care. As I view the board using "View New Postts", I consider the breakout of posts into sub-boards to be arbitrary anyway.
I can only move threads in DIY...

If it was moved to the general board then it wouldn't matter who views it, at least those who own E65s and came here to escape from the flames over at .org has an opportunity to just participate in their "own" forum in peace.

And I don't "View New Posts". I don't speak for the E65ers but I also don't see the sub-board divide arbitrary and I have a feeling a lot of the effort that goes into promoting participation here for the E65ers is an opportunity to escape the .org flames in their E65 forum.

Time to email PixA4?
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:39 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by The HACK

I can only move threads in DIY...

If it was moved to the general board then it wouldn't matter who views it, at least those who own E65s and came here to escape from the flames over at .org has an opportunity to just participate in their "own" forum in peace.

And I don't "View New Posts". I don't speak for the E65ers but I also don't see the sub-board divide arbitrary and I have a feeling a lot of the effort that goes into promoting participation here for the E65ers is an opportunity to escape the .org flames in their E65 forum.

Time to email PixA4?
I can appreciate that. It was intended as a harmless thread.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 323i
Quote:
Originally posted by TD

I can appreciate that. It was intended as a harmless thread.
Ha, no it wasn't... And you have the nerve to whine about others being trolls...
Old 09-26-2002, 10:56 AM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by stan323i

Ha, no it wasn't... And you have the nerve to whine about others being trolls...
You're only bitter because you are particularly bad at trolling. You try to troll, but you fail miserably. Your posts are neither infuriating or even mildly entertaining. Nor do you add any value.

Basically, you're boring.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 323i
Quote:
Originally posted by TD

You're only bitter because you are particularly bad at trolling. You try to troll, but you fail miserably. Your posts are neither infuriating or even mildly entertaining. Nor do you add any value.

Basically, you're boring.
Yes you've told me this before, no need to rub it in *Can't* (thanks TD) you think of anything else to say? You seem rather boring yourself. At least your *friend* (thanks again TD) Eugie had some brains behind his posts. You should take some pointers
Old 09-26-2002, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally posted by stan323i

Yes you've told me this before, no need to rub it in *Can't* (thanks TD) you think of anything else to say? You seem rather boring yourself. At least your *friend* (thanks again TD) Eugie had some brains behind his posts. You should take some pointers
Old 09-26-2002, 12:11 PM
TD

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ichabod

Where's the emoticon for the drooling idiot?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:11 PM
round -n- shiney

Waste of time, these arguments and personal attacks.

We all know E65's design is controversial.
We all know TD is not the easiest guy to get along with.
Now, we all have seen that TD cost this board some potentially valuable members.

Facts of life, nothing else to it.

It might be just my opinion, but I feel that boards like this exist to bring people together and provide a medium for knowledge exchange. That thread about E65's design did neither.

And now this thread continues to do neither.

You guys say that without arguments this forum would be boring.
When I first joined this forum in December, there were no arguments, no personal vendettas, no political/religious wars. Did anybody find this board boring then? I sure as hell didn't.

Once again,
Old 09-26-2002, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: .
TD has cost the some potentially valuable members? I have a serious question: who? I have seen so few here that I would consider valuable. I would have to agree with the comment about personal vendettas. I have difficulty seeing the point of vendettas. Side a - you are right; everyone on side b is a slathering buffoon. They always were They always will be Side b - you are right; eveyone on side a has a room temperature IQ. They always have They aleways will have. But I would observe that since each side is too stupid to ever possibly understand the brilliance of the other it can never be resolved. Even dogs are smart enough to know not to soil their own crates. You are all better than TV
Old 09-27-2002, 02:28 AM
My TARDIS is a BMW

Mein Auto: '02 325i
Quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod
There have been many disparaging remarks about the "facelift" that my E46 has and I'm still here.
What he said

There have been plenty of digs on the facelifted E46. Some of which I agree with, others not. That's ok. Still bought one and still love it!

A community is not everyone marching in lock step with each other, but a mix of people with various skills, knowledge and opinions. Otherwise the world would be a very boring place.