Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
no sound from rear deck speakers 2007 e90

HELP. new to the forum. I bought a used 2007 328i with what appears to be the factory hifi system, two front door speakers, two reardeck and two subs under the seats, no rear door speakers. I get no sound at all from the rears. I have popped the grates and both speakers are wired up. Is there a fuse or something I can do myself that doesn't involve taking it to a stereo place to find out the problem? thanks for all in advance. I have already searched and can't seem to find a solution.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 Ex Cop 530d Touring
Hi,

Fault finding 101 !

Have you swapped them with known working speakers? have you swapped the amplifier with a known fully working one? have you checked the wires connected to the speakers are intact all the way back to the amp?.. etc etc.

Try these things, and see how you go. If you can't do them or all seems to be ok, then you could get a diagnostic check done at the BMW dealer or at a reputable car audio shop

Cheers, Dennis!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:04 PM

fault finding 101

thanks, will try above. not sure where my amp is
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: Bavsound
Dennis outlined a few great steps, but one other simple thing to check would be that someone has not set the fade/balance controls on the head unit to only the front, preventing any audio from coming out of the rear. Failing that being the issue, you are more than likely looking at a defective amplifier unfortunately.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM

thanks, checked the fader, was able to set fade all the way to the back, and all I got was woofers under the seats. took my car into a trusted local stereo shop who tested my back midrange and the speaker works fine, so I am probably looking at a partially dead amp. thanks for replying. KR