Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:14 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Cluster Tip: Left Turn Signal Flashes Outside but not in Cluster.

If your left turn signal doesn't flash inside, your main board in your cluster has cracked due to time and stress. You have two options at this point. 1. Replace the cluster (Duh). 2. Disassemble the custer and repair the main board.

If you choose to try and repair the main board you first need to evaluate your soldering skills. The board usually cracks where the screw at the top right(facing screws).Follow the lines that run from the light , one of them goes on the outside of the screw hole, this is the one that seems to be a problem. You need to look with a good light and mabey a magnifing glass for a break in the board. You will have to lightly scrape off the protctive coating to reveal the copper. The breaks are hard to see and you may want to go over this area with a liberal amount of solder anyway. Also spot some on the contacts where the bulb and multi-plug are. Be careful not to run two contacts together with the solder.
If this part is over your skill level you can still dis assemble the cluster (or not) and drop it off at your local TV/VCR/DVD repair shop and they can perform this service. (for usually a very small charge mabey 20 or so)

Ads by Google
Old 12-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Rather Large Member

Mein Auto: 88 325is 04&09 jetta TDi
I had that happen too. But mine was just a shot bulb in the left turn indicator.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson
Old age and treachery, will always overcome youth and skill.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:14 AM
On Top

Send a message via AIM to SWISS Send a message via Yahoo to SWISS
Mein Auto: E30 S52 / S52 M roady
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthewaters
I had that happen too. But mine was just a shot bulb in the left turn indicator.
Nice, you are 1 of the lucky 1's

Old 12-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 85 VW Quantum
this is why i am keeping my spare cluster. if something goes bad like this i can just swap them around with replacing the spedo part and i am good to go.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Rather Large Member

Mein Auto: 88 325is 04&09 jetta TDi
Wise decision I think

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson
Old age and treachery, will always overcome youth and skill.