Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Just about everything
added video into 645 to the gallery

For some reason I can't cut and paste the link but everyone else can.

Page 1 of the gallery, is a white 645, click on it, and on page 1 is the video. yes I know I have a long way to go for video editing but practice and criticism does help.

www.esotericsoundandperformance.com
Ads by Google
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 AM
digitalocean

Mein Auto: 2002 540i
Nice photos!

Nice photos of your car, but couldn't play the video on a Mac. Thanks though for the pictures.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:01 AM

I wish it was my car, it is the Cleveland Browns fullback Terrel Smith
Old 12-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Interesting that Smith's 6er, which was modified by an Ohio company, has California plates.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
I wonder how they figure out the video/audio?

There must be some information leaked from BMW to do this. I know the Euro cars can have the TV/DVD option although illegal here. I suspect that got a hold of the requirements for that implementation.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:56 AM

Well Smith lives in Cali, works in Ohio for the Cleveland Browns. Not only that he likes the shop so much and my work, I now have his Mustang, Range Rover, G wagon, and SL Benz, soon a 360 Modena. He is a car guru, and I baby them. Basically hand washed in and out, detailed inside and out, and when not being worked on, they have car covers on them.

Video integration is no secret from BMW, it works only two ways, NTCS signal or an RGB, since it is nav it is RGB, plus Alpine makes the video screen. So basically a person with minimal understanding can figure it out. How you do it, seperates you from the want to be's and the be's.

As far as illegal here, every state is enacting a law, yes another nanny law like the seat belt, saying "don't watch it driving down the road" Well common sense has to be used. Anyways just be safe!

This package was $1500 not including the $175 for the dealer. It includes the DVD player, interface hardware, parts, and labor.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103
I wonder how they figure out the video/audio?

There must be some information leaked from BMW to do this. I know the Euro cars can have the TV/DVD option although illegal here. I suspect that got a hold of the requirements for that implementation.
I was doing that 5 years ago, with a good friend in Germany. He buys it and ships it to me, and I install it.

Also BMW doesn't leak the info either. your system runs on MOST, in fact most of the cars will run on MOST within the next 10 years.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalocean
Nice photos of your car, but couldn't play the video on a Mac. Thanks though for the pictures.

I think I fixed it

Old 12-28-2005, 10:20 AM
digitalocean

Mein Auto: 2002 540i
Video WMV format.

Got the Vid. Thanks! I need to get the codec for the wmv now. i'm sure it will work fint though. Thanks again. I look forward to seeing it.
2002 540 6 speed manual
Waiting March Delivery 650 CONVERT,SIRIUS,COLD,SPORT,NAV,SMGll
Old 12-28-2005, 04:28 PM

it is nothing big at all, it was something quick. i will have a better one though i promise... i was just playing around. it was recorded with a dv recorder sitting in the back seat , the audio is in stereo and is being recorded as if one was sitting in the seats, in other words not dubbed.

Jim