Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
So Phunk, Tell Us What You've Got

I know you've been busy modding the damn thing, but tell us what you've got (or had).

Do you have the Sport package?

Do you have AS?

Any news on Bluetooth?

Have you registered with Owner's Circle, so that you can send e-mails directly to BMW NA and get a supposedly guaranteed response within 24 business-day hours?

What have you done to the car, and when? Have you put on the new wheels yet? Lowered it? When does the muffy get put on?

And what are you going to do with all the spare (stock) parts?

Last edited by Malibubimmer; 12-26-2005 at 09:13 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645
well so far

wheels is about it, holidays and all.

My SSK and muffler are being installed as we speak and I am awaiting a call to come pick her up.

Tomm in the AM, I take her into the dealer to get my Idrive updated for BT.

Hey Mal, what can I say to them to make sure they give me the entire latest SW?

Should I say that my Idrive is glitchy so they have a reason to upgrade the sw?

whats the latest version I should have in a 645?

Im sure I have generation 1 in it now as I have a sep 03 build date. Do you think when they add the bt option to my sw, that they automatically give me the latest sw or is the bt just a module of the software leaving everything else unchanged.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Phunk, what have you done? You have the oldest E63 you could have gotten. I've attached a TIS bulletin that explains in paragraph #4 what u face. Software only will not get you Bluetooth. U are looking at close to $2000 to get new TCU installed. Dealer should have told you this. But u should get a complete CIP upgrade and probably to 19.02.03., but anything at 19.01.00 or higher will be the same to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TISfor Blutooth2.pdf (134.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradav
Phunk, what have you done? You have the oldest E63 you could have gotten. I've attached a TIS bulletin that explains in paragraph #4 what u face. Software only will not get you Bluetooth. U are looking at close to $2000 to get new TCU installed. Dealer should have told you this. But u should get a complete CIP upgrade and probably to 19.02.03., but anything at 19.01.00 or higher will be the same to you.
$2000 ? How did you get that number?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Good News / Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobradav
Bummer, Phunky. There is good news / bad news in Cobradav's post, although the good news is just a glimmer.

The good news stems from the fact that the dealer is apparently going to download you new software (and note you should try to get at least 19.01 and, if possible, 19.02.03 or 20.01) specifically for the purpose of getting Bluetoothed. (The Service manuals from Cobradav say this is a cost you must bear.) The bad news is that it won't work. The good news is that when it doesn't work you should tell the dealer you don't want to pay for what won't work, and the dealer will probably agree. However, if the dealer wakes up and tells you this before the download, you've got a dilemma.

And, of course, you have to decide if you want a TCU mod for what Cobradav says is 2 large.

I look forward to seeing photos of your other mods. I hope they come out well. Please tell us what happens.

Continued good luck!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 645
what dealer

would ever tell you youre buying the oldest BMW ever made?

Whose your dealer Ghandi BMW?

How the hell was I supposed to know theres a cut off on build dates? All I knew was I bought a 04 645. I didnt know I bought a car so old Hitler test drove it.

TCU? Explain

Last edited by phunkfarm; 12-27-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:49 AM
M Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 645Ci
Mine is older :P It's 07/2003 built.