Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545
Pictures of Freiman Delivery Center

Never got around to posting these pictures from my May '05 delivery but some may find them interesting since noone really ever posts pictures of the actual center – only the lounge, café or “garage/show room” where the car over view is done.

Due to the long wait for delivery (I could only drink so much coffee and eat so many free pastries in the upstairs cafe) I decided to venture around the property. Some might recall a door to the left of the café bar. It was open when we were there so I went out on to the metal fire escape and it offered a nice view of the property. We walked down the stairs, to the right, which is back out the driveway towards the street. Just about 100 yards away from the stairs, you find a roll-up door that appears to always be open. We walked in and found ourselves looking down basically 3 lanes, 2 lines on either side of the lanes, with cars in various stages of being prepped. There were quite a few people “working” but none seemed to care we were walking around.

A few things I learned from Bernard (what a pleasure to have him) were that the edifice housing the Delivery Center is relatively new compared to the rest of the building. As most will describe the DC, it’s basically a nice BMW service center waiting room (plus a very nice café) attached to a cement floored, corrugated metal garage that is kind of lifeless less the ‘70’s artwork but the original building (that I speak of) is really cool. It’s a turn of the century train barn where Munich’s mass transit cars would be pulled into for maintenance. The building is mostly intact but actually shorter than it was once but you can from the pictures, how it is ideal as a prep center. Notice how the lanes have tracks with metal chains running down the center. These pull the cars as they move from worker to worker, whom in the variously covered lab coats, do whatever it is they do. (the jobs did not look to hard but I’d take it) I also learned that the delivery center would be phased out late this year as the new BMW World comes on line. (and from the plans on the Internet, that place looks awesome…. I can’t wait for our next ED as that place looks like auto Disneyland!!)

Also surprising is the hard plastic, gas-station type bristled car wash located at the head of the center lane (my wife is peering into it). Yes, this is the ED delivery center but the real purpose of this entire property and facility is as the dealer prep center for the entire Munich district BMW dealership network – I mean there’s like hundreds of cars when you really look around plus motorcycles.

-later

Pictures:

1 – across the lane from the building that houses the Delivery Center and Munich dealership prep center. The DC would be more to the right, back along the building. The roll-up door I spoke of is just next to and in front of those 2 red cycles. Notice how the canopy humps way down, that’s where it becomes a ramp over the road you drive in off of. The ramp takes the cars over to more lots and ultimately to a train yard!!

2 – Left hand lane
3 - center lane (with view through columns to right hand lane)
4 - wife peering into car wash at head of center lane
5 – Superman aka Bernard conducting the royal handing of the keys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0253.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	64918   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0250.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	64919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0252.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	64920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0254.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	64921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0260.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	64922  

Ads by Google
Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545
Another picture

Better picture of 3rd lane (right hand one) and of the most important cultural partaking in Munich - getting hammered in a beer hall!! sorry for the porr resolution, that's about 1:00 in the am at the Hofbrauhaus

-later
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0251.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	64923   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0261.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	64924  
Old 01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefaith
those 2 red cycles.
reminding me how bummed I am that BMW never brought the C1 to the USA.