Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 325i convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
So, Kim . . . Are you single?
Oh, my single status seems to be a PM kind of discussion, don't you think?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 645; 911TT; Maserati
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that, it will make you feel better!
Well, SkyPops. It's a minor point, but I'm right and you're wrong. Typical Southern Californian, probably only seen Oregon on TV.

But that's OK. All the times I've been to SoCal or to "The OC", I've never been in one of your earthquakes. Or one of your wildfires. Or one of your mudslides. Or one of your blackouts. Or one of your riots. Or had to pay your electricity rates, property tax rates, or income tax rates. Or had to wade through one of your Manhattan Yellow Pages-sized voter's guides with all the special interest group ballot measures about gay whales and giving wild deer vasectomies and other silly crap like that. Guess I just haven't hit it right. But I HAVE taken an hour & a half to drive 3 exits....many times.

You're right, I feel better already.

Just in case someone ever asks you:

Portland average annual precip: 36.5 in.
Buffalo average annual precip: 38.8 in.

The sad part for Buffalo is their rain (snow) is steady year round. Look at how hard it rains in the summer!!! (Cabrio season???? Yeah, sure.).

From June through September, Portland is as dry as a popcorn fart.

http://countrystudies.us/united-stat...rk/buffalo.htm

http://countrystudies.us/united-stat...n/portland.htm
BMW X6 M (Alpine White, with Sakhir Orange interior)
Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Grigio Touring Silver, with Black/Light Gray interior)
Mercedes SL500 (Pewter, with Charcoal Gray interior)
Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Nothing witty here

Mein Auto: here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Dorsey
It was slightly sarcastic, in reply to the $.35 hamburgers. But, call me old school or southern, or both, but if a nice young man goes to the trouble to ask me out and buy me dinner then some kind of good night thanks is in order. Draw your own conclusions.
Depends on if your definition of a "Nice Young Man buying Dinner" is some perverted, cheap punk getting the cheapest items on a McDonald's menu and then expecting to grope you afterwards with his hands all covered in that fast food grease.

If it is, do you think you are coming to Los Angeles anytime soon? Because I live close to a McDonald's. Heck, I'll even spring for Jack In The Box!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Nothing witty here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
From June through September, Portland is as dry as a popcorn fart.
What the heck is a popcorn fart? Something that Orville Reddenbocker does?

I like SoCal. I live for traffic. It gives you a chance to look at your fellow man next to you in their cars, people that you most likely will never see again. I love the earthquakes. Any real Californian can sleep through a 5.0 easily. The mudslides only hit certain places, unfortunately, Malibu being one of them because I lived through 3 years of that. Rolling blackouts are fun because you can learn your VCR's programming guide and reset all the clocks so you can synchronize them, thereby ensuring your punctuality. Riots are great too, brings to our collective consciousness the oppressed rage of the underclassed so that we can address the social injustices visited upon people by others that have no relation to us or what we do. Without wildfires to clear out the forests once in a while, how can it regrow? I also lived through Malibu's wildfire. It's a natural process. Don't mess with nature. Lastly, for our tax dollars and all the gay whales that we save, we get the best state in the union with an economy that rivals and exceeds most countries. Everything has its reason, brother.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645; 911TT; Maserati
BMW X6 M (Alpine White, with Sakhir Orange interior)
Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Grigio Touring Silver, with Black/Light Gray interior)
Mercedes SL500 (Pewter, with Charcoal Gray interior)
Old 01-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: Jet Black 650i
Funny, I ran across the 58+ reviews of the 645Ci ... on Edmunds.com

Guess what well over 80% of them said as a "Suggested Improvement" ?

Making the Sunroof open fully instead of just tilt up

(in other words, making it into a moon roof)

A friend of mine who belives any mod can be done to any car, is telling me that this modification could be done by a qualified shop ... making the thing open properly.

Anyone agree or totally disagree with this?

Dealer told me point blank that its not possible for it to slide back into the roof and open fully because of the curve of the roof being too dramatic for the glass to slide into...

Thoughts? This is the one mod I will for sure do if its available anywhere. I want that sunroof to open.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:23 AM

Mein Auto: M6, X6M, Boxster S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Well, SkyPops. It's a minor point, but I'm right and you're wrong. Typical Southern Californian, probably only seen Oregon on TV.

But that's OK. All the times I've been to SoCal or to "The OC", I've never been in one of your earthquakes. Or one of your wildfires. Or one of your mudslides. Or one of your blackouts. Or one of your riots. Or had to pay your electricity rates, property tax rates, or income tax rates. Or had to wade through one of your Manhattan Yellow Pages-sized voter's guides with all the special interest group ballot measures about gay whales and giving wild deer vasectomies and other silly crap like that. Guess I just haven't hit it right. But I HAVE taken an hour & a half to drive 3 exits....many times.

You're right, I feel better already.
I have lived half my life in the Portland area and half in Southern California. While both places have their positives and negatives, there is absolutely no way I would ever move back to the Northwest. Every 80 degree December - February day where the birds frolic in the warm waters of the bay by my house confirm it. Nature's informed and traveled creatures know where it's nice to be!!

O'yea...how's that new record coming along?? What is it now, 25 days in a row of RAIN......it's all yours baby, you can have it!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto:
TT-

Actually I was just funnin' with you!

Here is what I like about Oregon-

-you have some great Golf Courses that you dont have to drop 2 Bills to play

-Some excellent Pinot Noir

and, no doubt some very beautiful scenery...

But there is no way that I personally would move to such a TREE-HUGGING type
of environment filled with chicks who don't shave their legs or pits...

OBTW-the traffic in The OC while not great, no where near compares to the
traffic issues in LA.

OC and LA are like two different states, they do not even like each other much,
unless one of the Sports teams is gunning for a Championship
then we all jump on each others BANDWAGON!

see... 2002 Angels....the Laker Championship runs...

Here is basically how it is...The people in Orange County see LA as some bastion of freeways, homeless people (SantaMonica) and thugs mixed in between.

Filthy areas along the 405 freeway (see Carson), with a couple of nice neighborhoods squeezed in between (see Beverly Hills/Brentwood/Manhattan Beach,etc) all that mess.

Driving to one of those areas for someone down here is like getting deployed to Iraq, your not sure your going to come back alive...

The people in LA see Orange County as some *antiseptic* planned community with no gas stations to be found.

Where they shoot homeless people and ask questions later, where if you are not a wasp, or these days asian, you WILL be pulled over and asked what the he!! your doing in the county?

Its a place where the houses all look the same (tract homes),
but they all start at $1MM...

One thing is for sure, both LA and The OC have outrageous looking women, we do share THAT quality......

But I think I would prefer LA to Oregon though, just cause of the chick factor...
Old 01-13-2006, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 645 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevervana

A friend of mine who belives any mod can be done to any car, is telling me that this modification could be done by a qualified shop ... making the thing open properly.

Dealer told me point blank that its not possible for it to slide back into the roof and open fully because of the curve of the roof being too dramatic for the glass to slide into...

Thoughts? This is the one mod I will for sure do if its available anywhere. I want that sunroof to open.

Just trade your car in for a convertible already.

Anyways, I believe your friend is right. With the right amount of cash, you can do anything you want.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: whatever i want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve645
I took my last date to McDonald's. It was wednesday night, which is hamburger/cheeseburger night...they cost 35 cents. I bought her four, and i forked over another two bucks for a shake. Unappreciative chick didn't even let me touch her boobs.
Thats why Yardie is better than you.
He at least has mom make some homemade sandwiches for their vertable picnic.

He is so
but don't hate on the player thou.

RIP
yardie
12-18-05 -Last Activity: 12-29-2005 10:49 AM
You guys ran him off he could have given us joy for years but you guys ruined it.
=o(

The 4th of JULY backyard view
The Great Lakes own . straight pimping

Last edited by BruceWayne; 01-13-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:39 AM
weRe not in kansas anymoR

Mein Auto: 6er
Quote:
Oh, my single status seems to be a PM kind of discussion, don't you think?
hahahaha
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800
Depends on if your definition of a "Nice Young Man buying Dinner" is some perverted, cheap punk getting the cheapest items on a McDonald's menu and then expecting to grope you afterwards with his hands all covered in that fast food grease.
Is that a crack back at steve?

Old 01-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Nothing witty here

Skylar... where in da OC do you live? In some parts, you get pulled over and harassed ESPECIALLY if you are Asian. A fixed up Honda and Toyota will guarantee harassment of an Asian as a suspected gangbanger in OC. A nice car gets you harassed as a drug dealer or some kind of gang leader. Asians in LA actually get left alone more than in OC. I heard Irvine and Garden Grove are notorious for that. However, there is some reason for it being that Vietnamnese gangs infest some parts of the OC like how some other gangs infest their parts of LA.

In any event, the OC has some very nice parts but when you go to the bad parts of the OC, it's no better than LA. I got a bud in the Orange County Sheriff's and other OC Police, their stories aren't any more encouraging for the future of humanity than the ones in LA. (Santa Ana being in the forefront of that charge.)

I think LA and OC should unite and break off from the rest of the State before the North breaks from the South and we are stuck with Riverside, Imperial, Kern and some other stupid counties that we don't like, especially San Bernardino.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Jet Black 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad
TT-

Actually I was just funnin' with you!

Here is what I like about Oregon
It all comes down to one thing:

Is weather the motivating factor for the place you live, or are other things?

I've had this debate with so many friends. Im from the East coast. Im the only one who ventured out to California. Some of them still tell me Southern California "sucks", and they have their reasons. But to me, the most important factor is a moderate climate. It boosts the morale (seattle = highest suicide rate in the country), increases life expectancy if you take advantage of it (warm weather, more outdoor activities, exercise, healthier living) ... and oodles of other positives.

I grew up in Minnesota where you spend 8 months of the year indoors. Wasting away. Miserable. Moved to more moderate New York (Long Island) and found that most people do the same thing there. The rain. The clouds. The dreariness. People are NOTICEABLY less healthy. 20 times more smokers than you will ever find in San Diego. In fact, I haven't seen someone smoke in nearly 3 weeks here. I know nobody who smokes. Get off the plane in any other state in the country and the lack of health, lack of sun, lack of vitality, and obesity, and smoking spikes like crazy.

Alternatively, my friends have a good point. The schools here suck. If I had to raise a family Im not sure I'd do it in Southern California. Having just gotten out of school myself, I can accurately say the drug use, sexual activity, and other factors you'd typically associate with a more vain, shallow, materialistic area of the country are all motivational factors in where I would raise my kids, once I have them.

The key is to live in Southern California, and make enough money to travel to the nice scenery whenever you want
Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM

[QUOTE=Nevervana] I know nobody who smokes.

Don't they hang smokers in California?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
[QUOTE=Kim Dorsey]
Quote:
I know nobody who smokes.

Don't they hang smokers in California?
They used to, but now they use lethal injection (large doses of nicotine).
Old 01-13-2006, 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Malibubimmer]
Quote:
They used to, but now they use lethal injection (large doses of nicotine).
I needed that laugh on a Friday when I was supposed to be out of here TWO HOURS AGO!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
(.)(.)

Mein Auto: 05 645Cic 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800

If it is, do you think you are coming to Los Angeles anytime soon? Because I live close to a McDonald's. Heck, I'll even spring for Jack In The Box!

Jack in the Box doesn't have a .35 cent burger night. Meaning that you'll have to spend at least $1.00 on a Jumbo Jack. Make that $1.35 if the chick wants some cheese on it. Show off..i hate people who brag about their money.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:37 PM

Jack in the Box has 2 for a $1 tacos. If you call a nasty tortilla filled with mystery meat and a slice of nasty processed cheese a taco.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve645
Jack in the Box doesn't have a .35 cent burger night. Meaning that you'll have to spend at least $1.00 on a Jumbo Jack. Make that $1.35 if the chick wants some cheese on it. Show off..i hate people who brag about their money.
mal and law, treat their dates to 5 star restaurants but they only get as far as you did.
=o)

Old 01-13-2006, 02:55 PM
(.)(.)

Quote:
Jack in the Box has 2 for a $1 tacos. If you call a nasty tortilla filled with mystery meat and a slice of nasty processed cheese a taco.

I know those tacos well..had a jack in the box right by my fraternity house in college. Many a late post drinking night my fraternity bros and i spent at the crack in the box. That taco meat is almost as mysterious as Arby's roast beef.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
What school, what house?
Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
(.)(.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicks
What school, what house?

Sigma Pi at Cal State Fullerton. They shut our house down last year, four years after i graduated, because some punk pledge thought it was a good idea to shoot a cop car with a pellet gun...dumbass kids.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Well one quick measurement says there is 28" of glass to put into 17" of steel (or aluminum) roof. Anybody see the problem?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Nothing witty here

I still say the Porsche Targa solution is fine other than the haziness from the double glass panes. For the money you'll shell out for the conversion though, you might as well have bought the convertible to begin with and save the integrity of the car.

Kim, no $1 for 2 tacos for you, baby. It's gonna be combo meal #3 with the curly fries upgrade. Nothing but the best when you rollin' wit' da 6er crowd!

Speaking of Arby's, the 'hood I work in had an Arby's and it closed down. They had no business. Olive Garden closed down in 2 months, no business. The best restaurants in town are, in order of descending quality: 1) Chili's, 2) IHOP, 3) Sizzler's, 4) Pizza Hut. Some like Round Table pizza but that's a matter of taste.