I just noticed a slipping clutch on the wife's '03 Z4 yesterday under moderate throttle going up a hill. It has 107k miles so I'm assuming the clutch is original. No mods to car. Here are some questions I have in mind. Please give me your thoughts on some or all. Thanks!
- Does flywheel need to be replaced or resurfaced?
- I've heard of others using Luk or Sachs parts instead of OEM. Opinions?
- What other parts should be replaced while the tranny is off? Slave cyl?
- Delete the CDV valve while it's at the shop? Car is lightly driven. I hear it helps drivability.
- Anything else I should know before calling around for prices?
Thanks so much for any info!
'03 Z4 3.0i 6MT