Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 02-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Mein Auto: 93 525i
Brake Linings - How long more do I have!!

Hi Gang,

I have a 93 E24 = 525i on which on route gave me the ¨Brake Linings¨ light.

Now, how long do I have?..the reason that I ask is because I recently moved to Mexico, in the city of Queretaro and finding parts for my car it has been a nightmare.

First is hard to trust any mechanic from here, including the ones from BMW cause the bimmers that started to ship here were few and from 1997 and on.

I can order them online but they take a while for them to get here so my question being very careful and avoiding as much as I can having to drive, how long more do you think that I have on the brake pads?..Please take into consideration that I live on a uphill thus donwhill when I go to the office so...

Also is it mandatory to replace the brake sensors?

Please kindly advice.

In advance thank you.

Rali...
Ads by Google
Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: 530i
Rali

It is not necessary to replace the sensors, but a very good idea. I just did brakes all around on my 530 and did not do the sensors. 2500 miles later I need to change the sensors, yet the brakes are fine