Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Paging all 7-Series Aficionados...

Lurker, or not - please let us know you're here!!
Ads by Google
Old 09-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745i
Please allow me to introduce my self....

Current E65 driver, former E36 driver.

I've been on the Roadfly E65/66 board, getting tired of the board's tone - actually hostile to the car the board is about. I happen to love mine, and wish to share experiences in an environment where any negative thing reported is not instantly jumped on as a vindication by couple of dissatisfied owners and a huge gnat-like cloud of non-owner E65 haters.

I drive Bimmers because they are IMO the best cars in their respective classes from the standpoint of performance, appearance and luxury.

I will also admit to a soft spot for Jags - love the styling and "image", just wish they could get in the ball park with BMW in the performance department so I could try one in good conscience.
Old 09-18-2002, 11:10 AM
round -n- shiney

Send a message via ICQ to rost12 Send a message via MSN to rost12
Mein Auto: m5, 911
Welcome to the forum, Barnacle Bill.
Care to share some photos of your ride?
Old 09-18-2002, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally posted by rost12
Care to share some photos of your ride?
I need to do that, but no digital camera so I'd have to take them in 35mm, get 'em developed, then scan 'em. I just haven't gotten around to it.

She's Toledo Blue with Beige interior. Most of the BMW publicity shot online & in brochures for the 745i are Toledo Blue with Natural Brown. I'd have preferred Natural Brown for the leather in my car, but the accent color used on the console, etc... with that is blue. With beige you get a darker beige. Leather grained plastic in beige looks less obviously fake to me that leather grained plastic in blue. So, I took beige instead. That's my big beef with the 745i - that I can't get Natural Brown with some brown tone for the accent color
Old 09-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Welcome to The Fest Bill!

Please feel free to invite your 7-Series colleagues to join us too...

Toledo Blue / Beige is awesome.

We've custom order a few that way!

Thanks for the post...

Old 09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Code 66

Mein Auto: .
welcome to the fest bill!!

Id love to go over and to Roadfly and just say this is now open, but i think that would be kinda like a slap in the face to alan/charlie.

The more the merrier
Old 09-19-2002, 07:38 AM
...worked on the railroad

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Greetings, all!

I'm about to become a first-time owner of a Baby Bimmer (I'm planning to have a license frame that reads: 'When I Grow Up, I want to be a 745i' on it).

I happen to like the 745i (someday when my three boys become neurosurgeons and remember all the sacrifices that Mom made and show their gratitude by taking Mom to pick out her big Bimmer); I've noticed the real negativity on all kinds of forums against it.

I think it's a handsome, attractive car (even the back, which people diss; if people want to talk about rear ends, shall we get to the the Infiniti G35 (very good car, not dissing in the least, but the butt....hmmm)

If BMW hadn't introduced iDrive (or something akin to it), then people would be ragging on them for not being on the leading edge. Okay, there's some issues (WARNING: Shot About To Be Fired In The Operating System Holy Wars - Hey, BMW, use a real operating system like SuSE, Red Hat or even Solaris!), but there are issues with any new technology (ask me about my first experiences with Oracle on NCR UNIX )
Old 09-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Realtor/Mortgage Broker

Mein Auto: 535i
HERE
Old 09-22-2002, 07:03 PM
7th heaven

Mein Auto: '01 740 and '02 745
Jon - Thanks for the new section... It'll grow...slowly but surely. You already have some good participants... I'll pitch in where possible...
Old 10-03-2002, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Cool Just got 745i

Hopefully this forum will be constructive about the E65. I read through weeks of postings on roadfly about this car and although
I'm sure that there were some problems especially on the early build models(Dec-April 2002), the board makes it appear for the most part that the problems are pervasive, unfixable, and on virtually every car. After thinking it through, I reasoned that if there were serious initial problems, BMW would burn the midnight oil to fix them because the financial impact on an "edsel" would be devastaing and possibly destroy the company financially. And also their future models are being based on this design and technology.
I did wait and get an August build date and even though I've only had the car a week(driven every day), it has been flawless. The materials are first class and the car is the most comfortable and roomy I have ever owned. It of course drives great too. For me being tall, interior room and comfort along with all around luxury are the most important things. I look forward to other owners experiences with their 745i's.
2002 745i Titanium Silver/Black Luxury seats, PDC, Logic 7 , conv. pkg, 19" wheels