Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 10-08-2002, 03:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3
Need 5-pt harness for Laguna Seca

Has anyone installed a 5 (or 6) pt harness in an e46? I need to install one for a Laguna Seca time trial event in November.
Interested in suggestions. I also need a fire extinguisher.
I guess this won't be your average HP driving school!!!

-TC
Ads by Google
Old 10-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Track Junkie

Send a message via AIM to JawKnee
Mein Auto: '03 Nissan 350Z Track
Just in case you haven't read this thread yet, there's some important information in there that you should know about. BTW, I run the Rallye 4s...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=11840

Click on My Signature for Car Specs and More...[updated 10.20.02]
FLASH version here [outdated]
Old 10-08-2002, 06:38 PM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
Is this an SCCA Solo 1 event?
Old 10-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to 325ci.com
Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 325Ci
personally, i wouldn't put a harness in my car without a full roll cage. i have the rallye 4 asm E46 model on my car, but i only use it for autocross to help strap my in my seat when i'm violently thrashing around tight corners and slaloms.

i use my stock belts on road courses though (besides the fact that i only have 1 harness and driver schools require 2).

it sounds like you are serious about time trials (competition on road track)-- so go all out and get a cage too.

Old 10-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Track Junkie

Send a message via AIM to JawKnee
Mein Auto: '03 Nissan 350Z Track
Quote:
Originally posted by 325ci.com

i use my stock belts on road courses though (besides the fact that i only have 1 harness and driver schools require 2).

it sounds like you are serious about time trials (competition on road track)-- so go all out and get a cage too.
99.9% of my high performance driving is done on road courses, with the few exceptions of autoX and the drag strip. I personally never had an issue running my harnesses without a cage but I knew about the risks involved in doing so before purchasing them, which many don't. In my last time trial competition, my buddy totaled his ITR by rolling it onto its roof. He ran a harness bar and harnesses and the roof of the ITR held up okay and fortunately, and he walked without a scratch. Although he was okay, just know the risks involved in running harnesses without a cage.

Click on My Signature for Car Specs and More...[updated 10.20.02]
FLASH version here [outdated]