Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
How many 3er owners are surfing the 6er board tonight??

Just curious... and is it true that you have 6er envy?

You have to admit this board is much more fun then the 7er board (BORING) or the X5 board (MORE BORING) ...I mean really the 6er board is where all the POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE... COLLIDE!

How many OTHER forums could generate *9* pages of comments over an esteemed 6er owner parking too close to shopping carts at a store somewhere in BF Egypt?

I mean the 3ers and the 6er owners are like the Hatfields and McCoys...only this time the Hatfields (6er owners) have a BIGGER gun...

You know though really, just one or two bad investments and all the 6er owners would be driving 3ers the next day!

Sorry, I could not resist, the whole thing is funny to me, I show people outside of these forums these posts and the are ROTFLMAO (old internet term)....It does take a certain individual to drive a 6er, that much is obvious...

So I say PEACE to the 3ers, let them ENJOY our Board and let them come and go in peace...let the first 6er owner without sin cast the first stone...
Ads by Google
Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Jet Black 650i
You are a good man, Skylars Dad.

Fair and Balanced!

-N-

Last edited by Nevervana; 03-07-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
I shall alert the moderator to add additional memory to the server to accomodate this thread.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 PM
BOSTON 650 driver

Mein Auto: 650i
Old 03-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar's Dad

I think rumratt has a love affair with a 6, while attached to a 3.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103
I shall alert the moderator to add additional memory to the server to accomodate this thread.
Chuck-

Now that was funny...

I do think it that we should let everyone voice their opinions on this board...I just wonder why we never get X5 poster comments...

Cheers-
SD
Old 03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Jet Black 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650iOzBoy
I think rumratt has a love affair with a 6, while attached to a 3.
What a dirty, dirty whore...

-N-
Old 03-07-2006, 07:57 PM
AMV Roady

Mein Auto: F01
Quote:

You have to admit this board is much more fun then the 7er board (BORING) or the X5 board (MORE BORING) ...I mean really the 6er board is where all the POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE... COLLIDE!

How many OTHER forums could generate *9* pages of comments over an esteemed 6er owner parking too close to shopping carts at a store somewhere in BF Egypt?

I mean the 3ers and the 6er owners are like the Hatfields and McCoys...only this time the Hatfields (6er owners) have a BIGGER gun...

You know though really, just one or two bad investments and all the 6er owners would be driving 3ers the next day!

Sorry, I could not resist, the whole thing is funny to me, I show people outside of these forums these posts and the are ROTFLMAO (old internet term)....It does take a certain individual to drive a 6er, that much is obvious...

So I say PEACE to the 3ers, let them ENJOY our Board and let them come and go in peace...let the first 6er owner without sin cast the first stone...
Good stuff SD Mal could answer that for sure.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Best Machine in the World

Mein Auto: 05 330i ZHP again
OK, you asked

Quote:

OK, let me try... Yes, 6er board is fun lately, and I really enjoyed reading a couple of recent threads. No, I did not go to 6er board on purpose - I clicked on "New posts", and statistical probability of a thread from 6er board to appear there is pretty high lately; and after I saw "Family attacked..." for a few times, I got curious and clicked on (and I was not dissappointed ).
Do I have a 6er envy? No. 6er is very nice car, and I really enjoy looking at it when it drives by, and I give a thumb up to a driver for making his/her choice. I could start a long story about how I can afford 6er and what not, but I'll spare you from that. Let me just tell you this: I would be on the verge of heart attack every day if I had it, and my 3er gives me enough performance, decent gas mileage, AND piece of mind. Well, I still choose parking spot very carefully, but it would be a nightmare to constantly worry about 6er parked by a grocery store (or lose sleep from a rock chip, etc.) - I am not ready for this yet.
And one more thing: I posted here because the OP asked the question, and I believe he wants to hear our thoughts, so I really don't need a hearty welcome from Malibubimmer (I rarely get offended from reading posts here, but that was really low...).

That's it for now,
thanks for reading

Last edited by serge_ua; 03-07-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:

it's not your board

it's everybody's board

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto:
Serge-

Good on you as they say across the pond...great post...as you allude, the 6er board is just downright entertaining, and yes I agree sometimes the bretheren get a little bit out of control...but Never runs an Internet company, CAN be very stressfull and Mal is a LAWYER...IS very stressful...so I gather, not to ever say I would speak for those two, alas they need little help, but my guess is that this forum is a place to let loose with a little steam from time to time...for all of us...3ers as well!

So as long as we know that we all fly under that same blue and white logo, when we have our little differences we know our hearts are as tight as a 6er around a sharp turn though the Santa Monica mountains....

Cheers-
SD
Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
zeddy

Mein Auto: '06 330cic ZHP / '07 M35x
Quote:
Just curious... ...I mean really the 6er board is where all the PIMPS and CIRCUMSPECT... COLLIDE!
Fixed it for ya.

Ed
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Family Man User

Mein Auto: BMW, M-B, Honda
I'll take the bait. I only read 6er posts when I see them under "new posts." I have noticed, however, that many of the more vocal 6er owners posting are what others conceive of as stereotypical BMW owners, i.e. purchased it for looks, props, exclusivity, and at the very bottom of the list, driving performance. I haven't seen 7er owners post about how much better they are than 5er/3er/anything less than 7er-price car owners, whereas almost every post I've read by the 6er owners are about how awesome it is to bling bling around town.

I hope my image of 6er owners in general based on the posts I've read isn't true, but from the sampling I've seen on the 'fest thus far, it's not a flattering one.

The above was my observation, BTW, not an intended flame.

2004 BMW 330i 6MT Orient Blue Metallic Sand Leather Black Cube Trim ZHP ZCW
Old 03-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Best Machine in the World

Mein Auto: 05 330i ZHP again
Quote:
Serge-

Good on you as they say across the pond...great post...as you allude, the 6er board is just downright entertaining, and yes I agree sometimes the bretheren get a little bit out of control...but Never runs an Internet company, CAN be very stressfull and Mal is a LAWYER...IS very stressful...so I gather, not to ever say I would speak for those two, alas they need little help, but my guess is that this forum is a place to let loose with a little steam from time to time...for all of us...3ers as well!

So as long as we know that we all fly under that same blue and white logo, when we have our little differences we know our hearts are as tight as a 6er around a sharp turn though the Santa Monica mountains....

Cheers-
SD
Well said SD! Peace to us all Everyone has bad days, and yes, we often go to this forum to relax and let the steam out.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swchang
I have noticed, however, that many of the more vocal 6er owners posting are what others conceive of as stereotypical BMW owners, i.e. purchased it for looks, props, exclusivity, and at the very bottom of the list, driving performance.
I see. Would you be bold enough to suggest some names who purchased the 6 series for "looks, props, exclusivity ..."?

In case if you're wondering, I bought it because for that price, it is I think the best handling machine on wheels and one of the best looking. Functional and emotional appeal.

Last edited by 650iOzBoy; 03-07-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 PM

Mein Auto:

Actually, my reason to start this thread is to dispell the general observation that one could deduce from all these posts that we are all "condescending" / "judgemental" 6er owners who pick on the less fortunate and wonder why they must want to *touch* our car or not give the proper respect when confronted by a obviously more intellectual, more successful 6er owner...well the fact is that many 6er owners are just plain nice people...we are a very mis-understood denomination of the BMW population...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Family Man User

Quote:
I see. Would you be bold enough to suggest some names who purchased the 6 series for "looks, props, exclusivity ..."?

In case if you're wondering, I bought it because for that price, it is I think the best handling machine on wheels and one of the best looking.
I'd rather not, for obvious reasons. I'm not so much into calling people out specifically. And no, I was not accusing every single 6er owner, on this forum or otherwise, of the previous characterization.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Family Man User

Quote:
I hope my image of 6er owners in general based on the posts I've read isn't true, but from the sampling I've seen on the 'fest thus far, it's not a flattering one.

Actually, my reason to start this thread is to dispell the general observation that one could deduce from all these posts that we are all "condescending" / "judgemental" 6er owners who pick on the less fortunate and wonder why they must want to *touch* our car or not give the proper respect when confronted by a obviously more intellectual, more successful 6er owner...well the fact is that many 6er owners are just plain nice people...we are a very mis-understood denomination of the BMW population...
I understand that was your intention, and I'd like to think it's true.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: '07 650 Vert
Come on

There are only a few folks here that resent 3 series input. Let's not get carried away. The same people that start fights with you also start fights with everyone.

If you wish to hang here that's fine with me. I have owned a number of "3" cars and have an M3 now. I don't really consider that a 3 car though. Just kidding.

My six is only being built as we speak so I'd never get pompous with anyone, even if I was inclined to be rude and I try hard not to be.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Family Man User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat
There are only a few folks here that resent 3 series input. Let's not get carried away. The same people that start fights with you also start fights with everyone.

If you wish to hang here that's fine with me. I have owned a number of "3" cars and have an M3 now. I don't really consider that a 3 car though. Just kidding.

My six is only being built as we speak so I'd never get pompous with anyone, even if I was inclined to be rude and I try hard not to be.
NoVA represent!

Old 03-07-2006, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
...we are a very mis-understood denomination of the BMW population...
Very interesting assertion. Could that be because the large coupe/convertible segment of the BMW model line up hasn't been very strong for BMW? The last 6 series was around ... I can't remember (maybe I wasn't even around), and the E31 8 series was a sales flop, something like 30,000 units sold in its 10 year run. Then comes the E63/E64, and wow wow wow ... what's this?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Family Man User

Quote:
Very interesting assertion. Could that be because the large coupe/convertible segment of the BMW model line up hasn't been very strong for BMW? The last 6 series was around ... I can't remember (maybe I wasn't even around), and the E31 8 series was a sales flop, something like 30,000 units sold in its 10 year run. Then comes the E63/E64, and wow wow wow ... what's this?
http://www.bmwclubs.asn.au/coupes/coupe_6series.html

Aussie (?) page, but still good info.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swchang
http://www.bmwclubs.asn.au/coupes/coupe_6series.html

Aussie (?) page, but still good info.
Thanks. So many different engine variants too.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
I bought it because for that price, it is I think the best handling machine on wheels and one of the best looking.
the elise handles a lot better and costs a lot less.

and looks better too

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
World Traveller Forever

Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic
Hmmm...

Let's look at what the very first thing I ever saw as I was joining this forum......

"bimmerfest - Bringing The BMW Community Together"

I hope that this statement can ring true.

We ALL do own BMW's after all.

To quote a guy who knows what beaten down really feels like...
" Can't we all just get along??"

Peace to all.
P.S. The girl,,, she's a BMW passenger of mine once in a while. She likes BMW's. Especially convertibles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ring girl.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	70101  

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!