Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
This is China for Ya lol..

I would be pretty darn pissed if this was my car and I had seen this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421911387.825796.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	487850
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2015, 01:09 AM
Slacker Extraordinaire

Mein Auto: '02 3LOU5i
No wonder they run over kids and leave them for dead in the streets....

2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers
2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
2007 Reinell 186 FNS - Aly's and Susi's (our two Miniature Schnauzers)
1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S

Last edited by 3LOU5; 01-22-2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 01-22-2015, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5 View Post

Not sure if this is why they leave them for dead lol.. From my personal experience having lived 22 years here in Asia I would say that many don't give a cra* about many things in life.

While in Hong Kong I saw many signs up on Billboards and I reckon that those signs were aimed at the Chinese. China could use a few sign along the sides of the streets telling people not to allow their kids play on parked cars lol.. I did though see something similar to this at a mall when car dealers were showing off new cars parked inside the mall for Demo. Kids were every where in and outside of those cars as if they were monkey bars lol.. I have pictures but need to dig them up lol..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917348.731100.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	487852

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917362.733064.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	487853

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917378.874244.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	487854

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917393.549248.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	487855

This one is funny because the Chinese are known to sneeze or cough in your face out in public,on the bus,on the metro or on the train lol..

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917411.674305.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	487856

This one is funny too because they do not stand to the right and left to allow passengers to exit first. They stand in the middle and then both parties fight as passengers wanting to exit fight and struggle to exit and passengers wanting on fight and struggle to get on first. Worse if they see a few seats open lol..

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917482.276690.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	487857

They need to print more of these billboard signs. I give them credit for printing them though in Hong Kong. At least they are trying and realize their own bad habits.

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1421917611.358539.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	487858
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 01-22-2015, 04:05 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5 View Post
That was excruciating painful to watch.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewZ View Post
That was excruciating painful to watch.
Yeah. I teared up watching the mother's agony. That was horrible.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I would be pretty darn pissed if this was my car and I had seen this. Attachment 487850
Ever since the eight-year-old moved in next door, I NEVER leave my BMW in the driveway unattended. I've seen her and her friends climbing on cars parked in their driveway.

Like fences, good garages make good neighbors.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
Ever since the eight-year-old moved in next door, I NEVER leave my BMW in the driveway unattended. I've seen her and her friends climbing on cars parked in their driveway.

Like fences, good garages make good neighbors.
Ever since my daughter started walking I taught her not to touch things. She used to look at me first to see if I nodded my head to a "No" and she would walk away It is all about how you raise your kids.

Your next door neighbors should not allow their kids to climb on cars because as kids they will not know which cars are ok to climb and which ones are not. In America people love their cars.
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 01-22-2015, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Ever since my daughter started walking I taught her not to touch things. She used to look at me first to see if I nodded my head to a "No" and she would walk away It is all about how you raise your kids.

Your next door neighbors should not allow their kids to climb on cars because as kids they will not know which cars are ok to climb and which ones are not. In America people love their cars.
My wife was part of a package-deal that came with three step-cats. A squirt bottle taught them to stay out of the garage and off the cars. Gray floor = wet cat.

I have to train my beater driving friends that the only painted surface of a car that they are allow to touch is the door handle. Two of these slobs are banished from my BMW. One of them couldn't figure out that you pull the inside door handle twice to open a locked door. His idea was to pull once, and when it didn't open... pull harder. WTF?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
My wife was part of a package-deal that came with three step-cats. A squirt bottle taught them to stay out of the garage and off the cars. Gray floor = wet cat.

I have to train my beater driving friends that the only painted surface of a car that they are allow to touch is the door handle. Two of these slobs are banished from my BMW. One of them couldn't figure out that you pull the inside door handle twice to open a locked door. His idea was to pull once, and when it didn't open... pull harder. WTF?
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:

I always tell them, "Twice. Pull it twice". I never had anybody who had more than a second of confusion. But they ALL have that second of confusion.

It usually follows with a look at me with a "huh??", to which I repeat, "You need to pull it twice".

But yeah, I had a few who tried to break it.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: 325i/X5 4.8
Quote:

I share your pain.

I've started that, if the FIL is in the car (A perpetual pull once then keep pulling harder guy - luckily over 90 so not a lot of "pull" there) or someone new, I try to hit the unlock switch before they go for the handle.

it may be a self defeating practice possibly just make them more likely to pull once and keep pulling even harder if I forget to hit the switch.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:35 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
To be fair, the double pull is stupid, and is not intuitive. It is therefore incumbent, on us, the cognoscenti to anticipate problems and avoid them. One cannot make something 'idiot proof', due to the extreme flexibility of idiots.

Case in point: my badge-whoring sister-in-law had leased a BMW (she is in a *Mercedes now), and managed to lock herself in her car. She pulled strongly on the handle, but it did not open. I was with my brother-in-law at the time he got her indignant call. Well, said he, how did you lock it? I must have hit the remote. Well, try to use the remote unlock button. Silence. Thanks Jeff, these German cars are too complicated.

* When she told me she had leased a Mercedes, I asked, which one? She gave me one of her quizzical looks, and said, a Mercedes Benz.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.

Last edited by Kamdog; 01-22-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL
IN the 70's in Hong Kong, the Mercedes Benz 500 was stolen from the boss of Mercedes of Hong Kong. When he went to China for a visit, he saw his car in front of the hotel but with a Chinese license plate on. Obvious he couldn't do anything to prove that was his car. If your car is stolen in HK, pretty much ended up in China somewhere.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post

I always tell them, "Twice. Pull it twice". I never had anybody who had more than a second of confusion. But they ALL have that second of confusion.

It usually follows with a look at me with a "huh??", to which I repeat, "You need to pull it twice".

But yeah, I had a few who tried to break it.

My wife and daughter kept making that mistake because they were not used to opening car doors as here in Asia most use public transport and the local taxi doors open on the first pull so after not getting used to it I got a bit upset and she got more upset asking me if the wife or car came first? Lol.. Daughter did not ask this as when they are young they do not argue but once they get older it becomes another story.

To make this short, Asians and pulling twice don't work too well..
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 01-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Renaissance Dude

Mein Auto: Two 1987 325i, 418K, 211K
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
Yeah. I teared up watching the mother's agony. That was horrible.
Shocking stuff. How clueless and callous would one have to be to behave like that first driver? Going 5 to 10 mph and couldn't see a child in front of him/her? And then rolled over the child with the rear wheels? Whoa.