Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2006: Santa Barbara, CA
April 8th has come and gone. See the pictures and read the stories of Bimmerfest 2006!

Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 545i
showing off cars?

This is my first Bimmerfest, so I'm not exactly sure what will go on. I understand the vendors are going to be their promoting their stuff, so that's cool. But is there also gonna be an area for owners to show off their vehicles? I'm bringing a modified 545i. I understand there will be a large main parking area, right? Is this where people will gather to show off their cars? Or will there be another area that's more restricted to only modified/well-kept cars?
Ads by Google
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merzbow
But is there also gonna be an area for owners to show off their vehicles?
This is really the essence of what Bimmerfest is, a huge gathering of BMW's for everyone to display their cars and look at others. There was an issue with the original dealer location, where it returned last year, in that there was not enough space for all attendees to park on the property. Many arriving after the lot was full had to park on the street, which to me defeats the purpose of Bimmerfest.

While the dealer was nice and an ideal spot, I'm glad Bimmerfest is returning to the fair grounds of '04 because it is a big property and everyone can park onsite. It's basically one huge parking lot where everyone shows off their cars! The one criteria for admission onto the property: the vehicle must be a BMW.

Welcome to Bimmerfest!!

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 03-17-2006, 05:57 PM
aka Turd Ferguson

Send a message via AIM to AsianImage
Mein Auto: Excellence
That is exactly why I am looking forward to this year's fest. I attended last year and pretty much the CAR SHOW was in the streets.

You had to park a few blocks away and as you were walking to the dealership every where you turned there was a nice BMW modded up. So the walk to and from was more of an attraction.

Being on the large property also helps you if you want to leave. I know some cars got "stuck" if they parked in a good spot but wanted to leave early.

I heard talk of we are going to park by model designation?? That would be very cool if this can be accomplished.

IMG_4675
Old 03-17-2006, 07:06 PM

OK, so it's all the same parking grounds then (unless I assume you've got a sponsorship from a vendor, who I assume have their own areas). So that means just get their early for a good spot, I suppose?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 AW M3
so is it first come first serve? how does it work? are we required to pay the $10 registration fee?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Addicted To Autocross

Mein Auto: 2001 Jet Black 330Ci
Quote:
OK, so it's all the same parking grounds then (unless I assume you've got a sponsorship from a vendor, who I assume have their own areas). So that means just get their early for a good spot, I suppose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd_gerry
so is it first come first serve? how does it work?
Yea, I'd like to get a definitive answer to this too. I've been to 4 Bimmerfests in a row, and in 2004 I thought it was a great idea to go to the showgrounds because we needed the space for all the cars. However, that was my least favorite Bimmerfest because the cars were so loosely organized and spread apart that it didn't have the same feel as the event at the dealer. Alot of the cars were parked in a huge ring around the lot, but in between that and the vendor booths, cars were parked inconsistently and spaced unevenly.

I would very much like to see cars grouped together either by modded vs. stock or by Series. Or maybe at least ask who's going to stay the whole day and would like to show their car in which case, they could be closer to the heart of things vs. people who are visiting or plan to leave early and can park on the outskirts.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Team EuroProjektz Member

Send a message via AIM to s4play Send a message via Yahoo to s4play
Mein Auto: Lotsa Toys!
I've been to the fest 5 straight years and I can tell you honestly THERE IS NO WAY to group cars!

It's all first come, first serve unless you are with a supporting Vendor.

Just show up early and park - no one is going to reserve space for you just because your car is modded or stock. The cars fill in early so just come early to get a spot.

see everyone there!

rick
Old 03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Yea, I'd like to get a definitive answer to this too. I've been to 4 Bimmerfests in a row, and in 2004 I thought it was a great idea to go to the showgrounds because we needed the space for all the cars. However, that was my least favorite Bimmerfest because the cars were so loosely organized and spread apart that it didn't have the same feel as the event at the dealer. Alot of the cars were parked in a huge ring around the lot, but in between that and the vendor booths, cars were parked inconsistently and spaced unevenly.

I would very much like to see cars grouped together either by modded vs. stock or by Series. Or maybe at least ask who's going to stay the whole day and would like to show their car in which case, they could be closer to the heart of things vs. people who are visiting or plan to leave early and can park on the outskirts.
This year we are going to cough *try* to have a separate
"Classic Corral" (pre-'76 Bimmers), but that is as far into
the land of segregation that we are going to try to go...

In 2004 we were at Earl Warren, and I agree with you, the
"cohesiveness" of the parking lot for attendees wasn't the
same as the dealership. However, there are several
important distinctions that will make this year better:
  • Large, highly-paid professional parking staff...
  • No vendors on the lot (just attendees)...
  • Substantially higher attendance firgures...
I am just slight excited, can you tell???

Glad to hear that you are coming again Shinobi. I really
love your car, and your event pics are always first class!

Rick (******) - you too! I look forward to seeing you again
in a week. Maybe we should plan a cruise for Friday night
before the event? Last year I bumped into you at the Shell
station next to In-N-Out & The Ramada I think...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 03-31-2006, 04:34 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Alot of the cars were parked in a huge ring around the lot
And that was a massive PITA to make that huge ring form, too...

I am _really_ glad to read Jon mention PAID parking staff this year (as opposed to us Norcal freebies from 2004).
Old 03-31-2006, 04:58 PM

Does the lot not even open until the official start time of 9:00 or does it open before that?
Old 03-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Lurking around since 2005

Send a message via AIM to BMWenthusiast Send a message via MSN to BMWenthusiast
Mein Auto: E90 2006 BMW 330i
Quote:
Does the lot not even open until the official start time of 9:00 or does it open before that?
im guessing that they will let you in before, the vendors will already be set up before then so im hoping its open becuase the group im heading there with should be there around 9-10 depending on traffic