Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 03-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: higher mile m3
I tried to buy an m3 but I couldnt..so close almost did NEED OPINONS!

me = looking for a 2002 vert with 6 spd around 34-37k

both cars same options and same 6k 100,000 mile factory warr.

car #1. 33k miles on it. silver on black (ideal color for me) and the outside is kind of rough. I wasnt thinking it would be so rough. The insid was mint. I go there to buy it today.

I have a trade in, the car was in a crash few months back. It was fixed but hasnt shown up on carfax yet. He spotted the accident (in the truck area)

He would sell his car for 35k and give me 15k for mine (I own mine) so total of 20k difference then tax.

problems.
1. rough outside
2. Ac shiznter exhaust tips (peeps who mod tend to drive harder, its true esp if a 60k car new)

So I was going to take the deal but my title was all f'd up and it was from a different state and that office was closed so the deal had to be haulted. We did agree on numbers all tho.

car 2. 2002 vert (same options) but with 42k miles on it. It is black and I really dont want black. I havent been here to do any dealing. the car is in great shape tho.

problems
1. more miles
2. black

I think I will go to dealership #2 to see if he can beat that deal and he may not realize my trade was in a wreck (doesnt show up on carfax and only can tell if u look around in the trunk)

is 10k more miles on a black car worth the better condition car and I assume less abused? (assume same price?)

I dont drive more then 8-10k a year...

**** I wish I was in the m3 bumpin some rails off the dash board

Last edited by DJ_INHALE; 03-16-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_INHALE
me = looking for a 2002 vert with 6 spd around 34-37k

both cars same options and same 6k 100,000 mile factory warr.

car #1. 33k miles on it. silver on black (ideal color for me) and the outside is kind of rough. I wasnt thinking it would be so rough. The insid was mint. I go there to buy it today.

I have a trade in, the car was in a crash few months back. It was fixed but hasnt shown up on carfax yet. He spotted the accident (in the truck area)

He would sell his car for 35k and give me 15k for mine (I own mine) so total of 20k difference then tax.

problems.
1. rough outside
2. Ac shiznter exhaust tips (peeps who mod tend to drive harder, its true esp if a 60k car new)

So I was going to take the deal but my title was all f'd up and it was from a different state and that office was closed so the deal had to be haulted. We did agree on numbers all tho.

car 2. 2002 vert (same options) but with 42k miles on it. It is black and I really dont want black. I havent been here to do any dealing. the car is in great shape tho.

problems
1. more miles
2. black

I think I will go to dealership #2 to see if he can beat that deal and he may not realize my trade was in a wreck (doesnt show up on carfax and only can tell if u look around in the trunk)

is 10k more miles worth the better condition car and I assume less abused?

You don't think the car dealer will notice that your car was in a wreck? Anybody that makes a living buying and selling cars (especially the wholesale or used car manager at a dealership) should have the ability to spot these things without looking at Carfax... they should be able to tell just by looking at the car.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: higher mile m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
You don't think the car dealer will notice that your car was in a wreck? Anybody that makes a living buying and selling cars (especially the wholesale or used car manager at a dealership) should have the ability to spot these things without looking at Carfax... they should be able to tell just by looking at the car.

I was hoping he wouldnt notice it. "cross your finger smile"

All the VIN tags are there and just the welding isnt the same..... I alrdy wrote out the check for the dealership with the silver m3......... I have it in my hands and I didnt sign the buyers orders etc.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:03 AM

Mein Auto: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_INHALE
I was hoping he wouldnt notice it. "cross your finger smile"

All the VIN tags are there and just the welding isnt the same..... I alrdy wrote out the check for the dealership with the silver m3......... I have it in my hands and I didnt sign the buyers orders etc.
See my post in your other thread. Believe me, you don't want to play around with your trade issue... and as Sarafil said I've never worked with other management who couldn't ID paint and bodywork from a mile away...
Old 03-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Any idiot work in the car biz for more than a year can tell if your car has had body work. Its actually pretty easy to spot a car been thru a wreck.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 540-6spd 10/02 build
Quote:
Originally Posted by exotics4fun
... and as Sarafil said I've never worked with other management who couldn't ID paint and bodywork from a mile away...
I purchased my CPO SLK 5 years ago and suspected it was in a crash only to be told by the MB dealer that it was never in a wreck. Fast forward 5 years and I'm having the lease return inspection done and the inspector immediatly tells me the car has been in a crash. Under my ownership the car was never crashed. I asked him how he knew and he pointed to the bolts holding the fenders on and commented on the paint that had been chipped from wrenching on the bolts. I can't tell you how I was that the dealer BS'd me. Carfax showed nothing.

Six months ago I was at the same dealer and they had a black M3 vert. You could see blatant problems in the body work; grinder marks under the paint, mis-matched paint, fisheyes, ect... I pointed out that the car was obviously in a wreck and they just responded with "the carfax is clean".

I will never buy another CPO car from that dealer.